Plugin fails to start up, string conversion issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plugin fails to start up, string conversion issue

Your data should be safely stored in the db3 file under your "HS3\Data\skWare\DeviceHistory" directory, so I wouldn't worry too much about that (and I'd make sure to include that file in backups, too!).

I'll need a log file set to TRACE to figure out where this is happening, but since the plugin won't start, you'll have to edit the HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.ini file manually. You'll find it in your "HS3\Config" directory; set LogLevelFile=6 and save it.

Before you restart the plugin, go into your "HS3\Logs" directory and delete the HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.log file (if you have one), then start the plugin and after it fails and disconnects, grab that log file and post it for me. Then change LogLevelFile back to 0 to turn it off.

Comment

Here is the output from the logfile you requested.

I went back here to add that I have also tried setting English (United States) as date/time settings, but it had the same exact result. It's on English right now when this log-file was collected.

My LogLevelFile= said 4 before I changed to 6, should it be 4 or 0?

Also, I don't suppose I should change LogLevelHS to anything besides 4 to get you more verbose logging?

Thanks for taking the time and replying so quickly, really appreciate it.

Comment

Can you also post the contents of the "[Options]" section of your HS3\Config\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.ini file?

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
          Here is the output from the logfile you requested.

I went back here to add that I have also tried setting English (United States) as date/time settings, but it had the same exact result. It's on English right now when this log-file was collected.

My LogLevelFile= said 4 before I changed to 6, should it be 4 or 0?

Also, I don't suppose I should change LogLevelHS to anything besides 4 to get you more verbose logging?

Thanks for taking the time and replying so quickly, really appreciate it.
          The logging values are:

0 = None
          1 = Fatal
          2 = Error
          3 = Warning
          4 = Info
          5 = Debug
          6 = Trace

If you don't normally look at the plugin log file, there's really no reason for it to be turned on. And if a problem happens, I need to capture it on trace, but that's too high for everyday use.

The LogLevelHS is the same setting, but controls which messages are written to the HS log, which is much harder for me to work with since I can't add all the extra bits that I can put in the log file.

Comment

Originally posted by shill View Post
            Can you also post the contents of the "[Options]" section of your HS3\Config\HSPI_SKWARE_DEVICE_HISTORY.ini file?
            Here is the content you asked for.

[Options]
            MonitoredDevices=177,176,28,103,17,16,102,297,38,404,396,33, 180,179,250,247,293,204,164,78,150,70,169,168,296,47,45,46,3 07,240,306,290,446,174,173,270,266,318,279,183,182,155,23,10 6,105,124,123,258
            LogLevelHS=4
            LogLevelFile=4
            Limit=365
            Version=1.2.2
            ValueTableHeight=0
            DefaultSortCol=CHANGE_DATE
            DefaultSortDir=1
            DefaultChartStyle=1
            ShowTitle=True
            ChartTitle=%DEVICENAME% Device Values Over Time
            DefaultMarkers=True
            DefaultDurationType=1
            DefaultPeriods=1
            DefaultPeriodType=3
            ChartWidth=640
            ChartHeight=480
            DisplayWidth=640
            DisplayHeight=480
            FontSize=10
            LineWidth=1
            DateVacuumed=00.00.00
            Does the version of .NET has anything to say about your plugin? I have everything needed to run HS3, but just asking since I found something about .NET on other posts, but not at all related to HS3, just to general scripting.

Comment

Originally posted by TomB View Post
              Here is the content you asked for.

Does the version of .NET has anything to say about your plugin? I have everything needed to run HS3, but just asking since I found something about .NET on other posts, but not at all related to HS3, just to general scripting.
              I don't know how this happened, but the problem is here:

DateVacuumed=00.00.00

When loading the settings, it tries to convert that to a date and fails. Can you remove that line altogether and start the plugin again? I plan to test this later, but it might get you up and running faster!

Here's what mine looks like, for example:

DateVacuumed=12/20/2017 11:18:22 AM

Comment

That seems to have done the trick, now it is working as it should as far as I can tell. Awesome

Any reason why it was there in the first place, should it be placed in with another syntax?

Comment

The plugin will add it the next time settings are saved. Hopefully it will add it with the correct syntax...

Comment

When I went into Config and just did a small change and saved, this is the line it put at the bottom of the file.

DateVacuumed=00:00:00

When I restarted Device History it started without fail, so it seems it now wrote the correct values to the config file. Very strange as the settings is the same now as when I had the errors, but I think the 00.00.00 came from the other computer (where it also worked), so something has to be different.

I can add that I did update the plugin from an older version to the latest right before I changed computers, so there might have been something there. I do not think I checked if Device History worked before I changed.

But as long as it's working I am happy. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Glad to hear that. It looks like maybe it was a locale issue of some sort, but regardless I wouldn't want the value to be even "00:00:00" so I need to make sure that gets set to the current date/time when the plugin was installed and then updated as normal whenever DB maintenance is performed.

Comment

Working...
                      X