X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interim v1.3.3.3 Plugin & HS Upgrade Problems

Hi all,

So I installed the latest HS and the latest Insteon plugin this weekend, along with a dual-band lamplinc and a motion sensor. All went well...sort of.

Everything works and is reporting to HS, but for some reason HS seems to be acting on things twice? Does that make any sense? For example, I have some events that only fire after a button has been pressed for a second time. For whatever reason, these events are firing either when they shouldn't, or twice in a row. Any ideas?

In addition, my motion sensor is ALWAYS sending commands twice. ON, ON. OFF, OFF. Is this normal operation?

Did HS change the way they process value set to and status changed/set to?

So, while all my devices appear to be talking to each other, HS has gotten funky with some of my events and I can't figure out why.

Detailed Example:
    I have an event that is supposed to fire after a keypad button is pressed, but only if another button is already on. So, I turn on that other button and then press the trigger button. The event then gets fired off TWICE. The HS log shows only the 2 button presses but is for some reason acting twice on them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

And thanks again to mnsandler for all of his time and effort. If he weren't here working on Insteon I probably would jump the HS ship. HS should really pay him.

Mike
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Mike,

are you getting multiple entries like the following from your insteon motion sensor. see double entries every once in a while but not on every msg.

3/8/2010 2:44:39 PM Insteon Received $44 (Office Motion Sensor) Go ON
    can you tell me the firmware version of your MS. check the insteon.ini

you might consider resetting the MS (see manual for instructions) and see if that clears the double msgs.

Also, do you have access points close to the motion sensor as well. I wonder if the APs and Lamplincs are both capturing the wireless signal and transmitting it back. The plugin will account for some of this (debouncing they call it, eliminates the second msg within a certain timeframe).

i can't speak to the double triggering of events in hs. i don't think i have that issue.
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Yes, I get this:

3/8/2010 6:03:52 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
      3/8/2010 6:03:52 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON

3/8/2010 6:04:36 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go OFF
      3/8/2010 6:04:37 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go OFF

As you can see from the second set of log entries, they are coming in at slightly different times.

I have firmware version 34 according to insteon.ini.

I see in the manual how to do a factory reset. I assume that is the reset you're referring to. What exactly, if anything, will I have to do after that reset to reprogram it for HS? Just run "Program Device for Home Seer"? Or do I have to delete and re-add it?

No, I do not have any access points at all in the house except for the 1 dual-band lamplinc. The two are usually close together but even far apart I get double messages.

I do have 2 signalincs though. But I don't think they're compatible with the MS anyway.

Mike
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

before we do a reset, can you turn detailed debugging on and post a hs log that shows a couple of repeats msgs along with the other log entries.
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

Is this what you're looking for?

3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
          3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 18 13.F9.B4 is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 1) sending cmd 11
          3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device \5. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100
          3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Received \5 (Hallway Motion Sensor - Occupancy Sensor) Go ON
          3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 18 13.F9.B4 is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 1) sending cmd 11
          3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device \5. Old status:2 Old Value:100, New Status:2 New Value:100

Let me know if you would like anything else.

Thank you,
          Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike

this looks like "debug logging". Can i have one more log set with Detailed Debugging. its the last option in the logging setting
            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

It is currently set to:

Detailed Debugging Log Entries

That's the correct one, right? Under Insteon Configuration? I am taking this text from the web interface. Should I be looking in a log file?

Comment

yes the setting is correct.

i was expecting something like the following, but i just realized that you are using the plc which has a different output. i'll have to check the log statements.

see my first two entries. the second command is ignored since it is a duplicated. ie the debounce note

Code:
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 11 A5 1B 0D FF 03 41 11 01 - Event: New msg for PLC , Src[11.A5.1B] Dst[0D.FF.03] {Grp Cln} Cmd:Go ON Ex: 01 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec): Debouncing repeat. 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  MOTION  >>>>>>>> Motion Detected with Office Motion Sensor V1 - No Motion (00:00) 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  Setting status and value for device $44. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  ProcessGroupBroadcast: Device index 30 11.A5.1B is group broadcast source (tgt group/button: 1) sending cmd 11 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  Received $44 (Office Motion Sensor) Go ON 
                3/8/2010 10:46:20 PM  Insteon  PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 11 A5 1B 00 00 01 C7 11 01 - Event: New msg for PLC , Src[11.A5.1B] Dst[--.--.--] {Grp Brdcst} Cmd:Go ON Ex: 01 
                3/8/2010 10:46:09 PM  Insteon  PLM_ProcessInBuffer received STX 0x50 (Raw Insteon Rec):01 11 A5 1B 0D FF 03 42 13 01 - Event: New msg for PLC , Src[11.A5.1B] Dst[0D.FF.03] {Grp Cln} Cmd:Go OFF Ex: 01
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Originally posted by mrceolla View Post
                  Is this what you're looking for?

3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device \5. Old status:3 Old Value:0, New Status:2 New Value:100
                  3/8/2010 8:41:30 PM Insteon Setting status and value for device \5. Old status:2 Old Value:100, New Status:2 New Value:100

Let me know if you would like anything else.

Thank you,
                  Mike
                  Mike,
                  do you have a log from the SDM for the same timeframe you could post
                  Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Here are some log snippets with SDM log. Note the times in the first and second snippet. They are not in order. What's that all about?

Then in the second snippet, note at the top how it appears to be setting the HS status of the MS without ever receiving anything from the MS. I never saw this before. Could it have something to do with Detailed Debugging Logs?

I see you're busy fixing the plugin that HS broke, but when you have some time let me know what you think of all this.

Thanks,
                    Mike
                    Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                    X