Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSM100 not reporting motion (figured out)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSM100 not reporting motion (figured out)

Greetings All,

I only have one HSM100 (always a little scared to buy another). Here is an ongoing issue I have had for over 2 years.

Right out of the box, or after the HSM100 batteries were replaced, no motion would be reported. Homeseer worked with me to make sure all the settings and configs were correct, but determined it needed to be replaced. This single unit was replaced 3 times.

I found that it you mess with it enough hitting the config button, turn it away for 10 min, constant motion, or rescan it, etc. It would eventually start working. I really never found the pattern that worked.

I got the best of me, so I disabled all my motion scripts for he last 6 months. Having a z-wave system w/o an occupancy sensor, is well, a little boring. If I am going to install a product, it has to work 100% of the time, no burps.

I decided to give it another go a few days ago. Replaced the batteries, and programmed it back into the system. Same issue. I messed with it for days and found out that after you hit the blue config button, make you changes, you have to let it timeout the 10 mins, and here is the trick that seems to work 100% of the time so far....you have to hit the blue button AGAIN (don't change any settings this time), and let it timeout. It then works like a champ. I have repeated this procedure about 10 times now.

Anyway, I know there are others that are having other issues with the HSM100, but not similar to mine. So, I am wondering if it is my older first generation z-wave HA-22 transmit/receiver? I know it is not capable of sending out optimiziation commands, so what other problems lurk with it? I know its effective range is < 20 feet (otherwise I get timeout errors on any sensor). I have on order the new Z-Stick-S2 (arrives Tuesday) to see if that solves these issues, plus the HSM100 issue.

By the way, what about the ZIR000 as reliable motion sensor. Anyone mess with that? Should I switch that that or another alternative?

What version of HS are you running? The issues with HSM100 were fixed in the betas - HST did alot of work on battery powered devices - (.126 or greater) look at .137. I have 4 HSM100's, 1 ZIR000's and 4 AeonLabs D/W Sensor The ZIR000 Motion Sensor is a great sensor and the batteries last but my HSM100's wake up every 6 minutes.

Comment

Kaldoon, thanks for the response.

Q:What version of HS are you running?
      A: I was using .19 forever, and just found the BETA section (YAHOO! I need to poke around more in the forums) and upgraded to .137 4 days ago.

I just got off the phone with HomeSeer to purchase a ZIR000, they recommended against it said there is a very high probability that the Z-Stick I ordered will fix both the HSM100 issue and optimization working. They said the HA22 is major outdated and they had several issues with it.

My Z-Stick arrives Tuesday, and I am dying to see my z-wave network operate with reliability, including the motions. When it all works like a champ, it is loads of fun.

Comment

Working...
      X