Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered two ECM-1240s yesterday so I'm excited to get them and use the plugin. I've been a long time TED user with the Homeseer plugin, but decided I need a much more granular view of how I'm using power.

We are a pretty big consumer of electricity in our house and I can't figure out why. We average about 1900KWH per month in our 3000 Square Foot house and I think that is far too high. Our big consumers of electricity are two AC units and a Hot Tub, but even with these draws, our usage still seems high. We have three computers on 24x7 for Homeseer, our Video Camera Server, and a Media Center. We also have an electric floor heater in our bathroom but I turned that off when we got the hot tub to help offset the amount of electricty we use.

We will be monitoring the main panel (200AMP) and a subpanel (100AMP) along with the Hot Tub, AC Units, the computers, the electric floor heater, and a bunch of individual circuits.

I suspect that down the line we'll get a third ECM unit, but for now, I hope to find our big power draws using the two.

Comment

I was shocked to discover my AC unit consumes about 3,000 watts and the fan another 1,000 watts (about 4,000 total watts) when running. Normal energy consumption for my home is about 900 watts idle (all stuff off) and about 1,500 to 3,000 watts when we are home (not including the AC unit).

Regards,
      Ultrajones
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ultrajones; June 12, 2010, 09:08 AM.
      Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

I have 2 ECM-1240 modules that are both enabled in this plugin. While the devices are correctly updating values for both units, the chart seems to co-mingle values on each channel and show some kind of average. Switching between ECM UnitA and ECM UnitB only affects the name of the chart while showing the same wrong values. When I have disabled data from unit B the chart returned back to normal. How can I use this plugin with both devices? It would be nice to have separate charts for each, or allow choice of channels from both on the same graph. Thanks

Comment

I just uploaded UltraECM HSPI version 1.1.3865.14555 which should fix the issue you reported.

Regards,
          Ultrajones
          Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrajones View Post
            I just uploaded UltraECM HSPI version 1.1.3865.14555 which should fix the issue you reported.
            Ultrajones, thank you for the fast reply. The new version now shows correct values in charts, the only issue is that the check-box labels do not change when I choose device B, still show device A names, but the chart displays the values for the device B. Also noticed that value for Homeseer device for voltage is zero and value for the current is an integer (if the current string is 6.9, the value is 6 and for 7.1 it is 7). Thanks.

Comment

I think I have it fixed in UltraECM HSPI version 1.1.3865.24490. Please download it from the HomeSeer updater and give it a try.

Regards,
              Ultrajones

Comment

Originally posted by picta View Post
                ... Also noticed that value for Homeseer device for voltage is zero and value for the current is an integer (if the current string is 6.9, the value is 6 and for 7.1 it is 7). Thanks.
                HomeSeer device values can only store an Integer value. I can add an option to store values multiplied by 100 (e.g. 6.9 would be stored as 690). You would then need to divide that value by 100 to get the original value of 6.9. Thoughts?

Comment

I think I have it fixed in UltraECM HSPI version 1.1.3865.24490. Please download it from the HomeSeer updater and give it a try.

Regards,
                  Ultrajones
                  Just tried the new version - all looks good now, thanks a lot for the prompt fix. I also think it would be useful to save current and voltage as 10xvalue. Thanks again for the cool plugin!

Comment

Devices update frequency?

How often does this plugin update HS devices? I have 2 pumps that turn on for short period of time, and I have 2 HS devices that were to track the pumps status. I see the power consumption changing on a chart, but the HS event that is suppose to fire when the value of ECM plugin device for power changes never seems to run. The total energy used by the pumps is very small, so the device for energy shows 0.0 KWh, when engineG's value is 0.034. I was thinking to monitor the total energy change but this won't work either. Any advice on how I can track the pump's status with this plugin will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Comment

The plug-in updates the devices values in real time. However, HomeSeer device values are stored as integers. I need to add an option to allow you to store values multipled by 100.

Regards,
                      Ultrajones

Comment

The plug-in updates the devices values in real time. However, HomeSeer device values are stored as integers. I need to add an option to allow you to store values multipled by 100.

Regards,
                        Ultrajones
                        I am using a device value of power, which reaches 800 watts, but for a short duration (less than 1 minute), so the integer value should be detectable. I use this for a trigger: "Device ECM Unit A UltraECM Plugin Pump1 Aux3 Power (Watts) value is not equal to 0", but have not seen the event firing. I put more logging into the action script and see if I can catch it.

Comment

Having values in devices multiplied by 100 would definitely be quite useful, thanks

Comment

Hi UltraJones, I have everything set up as it should be I think - I can get my ECM to talk to google and the Brultech Dashboard is working ok - but I can't get the Green/Connected badge for forwarding to HS. Any ideas?

Jon
                            Attached Files

Comment

I don't know what I did but its working now. In the setup I had 'localhost' I changed it to my IP address and it works now - not sure if thats what the issue was.

Jon

Comment

Cumulative power and charts on iPad

Hi All

Just installed this and it looks great. Currently have a single 1240, 2nd one waiting to be installed.

I have a few questions: are the Watt readings real-time (i.e the current values). If so, how would I get the value for each day: I'd actually like to get the value everyday at midnight, store it somewhere and then plot comparative values week on week (e.g. this sunday vs last sunday, etc.)

I LOVE the charts (wish they'd do more than 1 day though). Anyone got any ideas how to display chart (or some kind of graphical data) on HSTouch (iPad/iPhone)

Regards

mark

Dell Zino HD - HSPRo 2.x
                                HSTouch - iPhone 3GS, 4S, iPad2 and iPad 3, 3xKindle Fire (Wall mounted)
                                2 x Brultech ECM1240 with UltraECM
                                USB UIRT
                                Cooper Aspire Z-Wave Switches
                                WGL800 w ACRF2 and 3xDS10a (Sump Level/Activity sensing)
                                HM ST812-2 Flood Sensor
                                HSM100 - Motion Detector with Light and Temperature
                                2GIG Thermostat
                                BLDSC - Alarm Plug-in
                                BLUPS
                                UltraLog (SQL2008)
                                Jon00 Plugins
                                Host XR3 BT and Jon00 BT Proximity
                                Global Cache IP2IR
                                Foscam FI8918W

Comment

Working...
                                X