Aeon Labs Door Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aeon Labs Door Sensor

Hey guys, I am running into an issue with my door sensors. I am trying to optimize them and the process I am doing is as follows:

Click tamper switch 3 times to wake up the device and put it in listening mode
    Rescan device to make sure it is listening
    Click Optimize Node on the root node under Z-Wave

This fails every time. Here are the HS3 log entries that I see, any thoughts?

Apr-23 9:21:20 AM Z-Wave Error Device Downstairs Garage Small Door Optimization encountered an error, Add Route was not attempted. Apr-23 9:21:20 AM Z-Wave Warning Z-Troller: Unable to optimize node 42, Downstairs Garage Small Door, it did not respond. This battery powered device needs to be awake to use this Z-Wave feature.

Chewie, I'm not on HS3, but I would expect the same principles from HS2 to apply:
    1. I recommend only rescanning a battery device once before deploying it when it is close to the Controller and then don't rescan it again, it does not help with keeping it awake and can complicate things if the rescan doesn't complete.
    2. Listening mode only lasts a few seconds. Click the tamper switch 3 times quickly, then wait a second, click 3 times quickly again, and repeat until optimization is complete.

As an alternative, I find that just removing the batteries for 60 seconds then reinserting them again keeps the device awake for long enough to do 3 optimizations without having to click the tamper switch.
    All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Thanks Olbrit, I thought that you just click the tamper switch 3 times quickly and that woke it up for 10 minutes, but if you have to do that twice then that would explain why my devices were not able to optimize.

Comment

not just twice, it's: 3 clicks...wait 1 sec...3 clicks...wait 1 sec...3 clicks...wait 1 sec...3 clicks...wait 1 sec...3 clicks...etc.
        i.e. don't stop clicking until optimization is done! (Terrific index finger workout).
        All Z-Wave, #101 devices, HomeTroller Series2, HomeSeer2 v.2.5.0.81, & 1x Z-Troller

Comment

Nope, that is not it either. It is something in hs3. If I start up hs2 I ca optimize them, hs3 errors out with the message I posted above.

Comment

I am having a similar problem with my door/window sensors. They will not successfully optimize. I can rescan, change settings, and test successfully, but optimize never works on any of them. They also do not report battery status, which I consider a more serious issue. All my sensors work and show battery status on my HS 2 install.

I literally just installed HS3 yesterday, so it's the latest release versions. My ZTroller has firmware 1.15.

Here are logs. You can see at the bottom I was able to first successfully set the wake up interval setting. The test communications function also worked.

Jun-02 6:41:43 PMZ-Wave ErrorDevice 2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root Optimization encountered an error, Add Route was not attempted.Jun-02 6:41:43 PMZ-Wave WarningPrimary ZTroller: Unable to optimize node 90, 2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root, it did not respond. This battery powered device needs to be awake to use this Z-Wave feature.Jun-02 6:41:43 PMZ-WavePrimary ZTroller: Instructing node # 90,2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root, to re-discover its neighbors using interface Primary ZTroller...Jun-02 6:41:38 PMZ-Wave ErrorDevice 2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root Optimization encountered an error, Add Route was not attempted.Jun-02 6:41:38 PMZ-Wave WarningPrimary ZTroller: Unable to optimize node 90, 2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root, it did not respond. This battery powered device needs to be awake to use this Z-Wave feature.Jun-02 6:41:38 PMZ-WavePrimary ZTroller: Instructing node # 90,2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root, to re-discover its neighbors using interface Primary ZTroller...Jun-02 6:41:18 PMZ-WaveSetting wake-up interval for device 2nd TV Room TV Room Deck Door Root to 0 hours and 6 minutes.

Comment

The best way I have found to do these is to remove the battery and then replace it to wake up the device I am able to optimize them here running HS3 3.0.0.101

cheers Ken
              HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

I've also noticed that I don't see any updates from these sensors in the logs. I see it in the logs when other sensors, like my HSM100s or my temp/humidity sensor wake up and check in, but nothing from the door sensors. I set one of them to update every six minutes a few hours ago and still nothing shows in the logs. Probably related to why none of them show battery level.

Comment

Working...
                X