Looking for scripting help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Ken,

I have no remote instances and not sure. How do they show up in the plugin config?

Thanks
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

In this line, the second parameter is the instance name
      For example:

Code:
      hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "office", "SetMessage", New Object(){sign, loc, message})
      office is the instance name
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Sparkman,.

with the added scripting info above that Blade provided is is there a way to add that to your script to allow me to have it also send messages to the remote signs. I am using this for temp, humidity, time and High and low temps for the day and would like that on all the signs. but right now I can't figure out how to include the remote signs

Cheers Ken
        HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Sparkman,

I have another request, How would I add the date as a parameter for your script??

CHeers Ken

Sparkman,

with the help of Jon00 I got the date issue resolved thanks for the great script

Cheers Ken
          Last edited by kenrad; June 17, 2014, 04:28 PM. Reason: issue resolved
          HSPRO,HS3PRO, BLsecurity, , MCSxap, HSTouch Android, UltraGCIR, CM15a, USBUIRT, BLUSBUIRT, WIFIRGB, BLAB8SS, BLcontrol, BLGData, BLLAN,BLOccupied, BLRadar, BLVolume, iTunesDAAP, UltraGCIR3, Airplayspeak, BLalarm, BLbackup, BLLED, BLrandom, BLReminders, BLRF, BL Speech, Hyperion, IFTTT, KINECT, XBMC, MCSprinkers PRO, PHLocation, ULtrapioneer, Ultralog, ultraweatherbug, Z,troller, GC-100, GC WIFICC, GC-WIFI SERIAL, Nitrogen logic depth camera controllers,

Comment

Sparkman,

I also got your script working with remote instances as well. This is really coming together with the help of You Blade and Jon00 I really appreciate all the help guys

Cheers Ken

Comment

Originally posted by kenrad View Post
              Sparkman,

I also got your script working with remote instances as well. This is really coming together with the help of You Blade and Jon00 I really appreciate all the help guys

Cheers Ken
              Hi Ken, glad you got it going. I'll be working on some updates on the script in the next few days as I'm learning more about how to set up the BetaBrites. I'll convert the functions to the use the SetString method rather than SetMessage as that makes the updates on the sign seamless. I'll post it here when I'm ready.

Cheers
              Al

Comment

Thanks Al I appreciate all the help

Cheers Ken

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
                  Hi Ken, glad you got it going. I'll be working on some updates on the script in the next few days as I'm learning more about how to set up the BetaBrites. I'll convert the functions to the use the SetString method rather than SetMessage as that makes the updates on the sign seamless. I'll post it here when I'm ready.

Cheers
                  Al
                  Al,

I too thank you for the script. I've made my own modifications using SetString, as well as QueueMessage.

I learned quite a bit by reading the doc for SnevlBB. Steve's documentation is always thorough.

Anyway, what I do is SetSequence to AB. Then I SetMessage A to {calltime} and B to (callstring=1}(current wx condition) {callstring=2} (current temp). Those cycle continuously.

Other info, like tweets from the kids school, weather forecast, news are sent to the sign with QuequeMessage. Events send some things at certain times and others when HS devices change. All through your script.

I'll post it on the board if anyone is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by jbbtex View Post
                    Al,

I too thank you for the script. I've made my own modifications using SetString, as well as QueueMessage.

I learned quite a bit by reading the doc for SnevlBB. Steve's documentation is always thorough.

Anyway, what I do is SetSequence to AB. Then I SetMessage A to {calltime} and B to (callstring=1}(current wx condition) {callstring=2} (current temp). Those cycle continuously.

Other info, like tweets from the kids school, weather forecast, news are sent to the sign with QuequeMessage. Events send some things at certain times and others when HS devices change. All through your script.

I'll post it on the board if anyone is interesting.

Definitely please post, Ive been trying to get ideaas as well as start to wrap my head around this scripting stuff

Cheers Ken

Comment

Definitely please post, Ive been trying to get ideaas as well as start to wrap my head around this scripting stuff

Cheers Ken
                      Code:
                      Sub Main(ByVal Parms As object)

'Tag        Description
                          'transition    This is the transition of the text on the sign. 
                          '            Valid values are: rotate, hold, rollup, rolldown, rollleft, rollright, wipeup, wipedown, wipeleft, wiperight, scroll,
                          '            auto, rollin, rollout, wipein, wipeout, compressedrotate, twinkle, sparkle, snow, interlock, switch, spray, starburst, 
                          '            welcome, slotmachine, newsflash, trumpet, cyclecolors, thankyou, nosmoking, dontdrink, animal, fish, fireworks, balloon, turbocar, cherrybomb
                          'font        This is the font of the text on the sign. Valid values are: five, fivebold, fivewide, fivewidebold,
                          '            seven, sevenserif, sevenbold, sevenboldserif, sevenshadow, sevenshadowserif, sevenwide, sevenwidebold, sevenwideboldserif, sevenwideserif
                          'color        This is the color of the text on the sign. Some signs will not show all colors. Valid values are: red, green, amber, dimred, dimgreen, brown, orange, yellow,
                          '            rainbow1, rainbow2, colormix, auto
                          'flash        This will cause the text to flash or stop flashing. Valid values are: on, off, 1, 0, true, false, yes, no
                          'extchar    This is an external character you can add to the text on the sign. Some signs will not show these characters. 
                          '            Valid values are: enterkey, ykey, uparrow, downarrow, leftarrow, rightarrow, pacman, sailboat, baseball, telephone, heart, car, handicap, rhino, mug, satellite, copyright

Dim ParmArray() as String
                          ParmArray = Parms.tostring.split(",")
                          Dim sign = CInt(ParmArray(0))
                          Dim loc = ParmArray(1)
                          Dim message = ParmArray(2)
                          Dim logName = "BetaBrite"
                          Dim debug = False

If message = "Temperature" Then
                              Dim nTemp As String = CStr(hs.DeviceValueEx(1501)) & "°"
                              hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", new Object(){sign,"1",nTemp})
                          Exit Sub
                          Else If message = "CurrentCond" Then
                              hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "SetString", new Object(){sign,"2", CStr(hs.DeviceString(2438))})
                          Exit Sub
                          ElseIf message = "Breaking" Then
                               Dim nBreaking As String = CStr(hs.DeviceString(2439))
                              message = "{speed=1}{transition=hold}{color=dimred}News Update: " & nBreaking & "{transition=rotate}"
                          ElseIf message = "WW" Then
                              Dim nAlert As String =  CStr(hs.DeviceString(2407)) & " for " & CStr(hs.DeviceString(2406))
                              message = "{speed=1}{transition=rotate}{color=dimred}*** " & nAlert & " ***{transition=rotate}"
                          ElseIf message = "LMS" Then
                              Dim nLMS As String = CStr(hs.DeviceString(2395))
                              message = "{speed=1}{transition=hold}{color=dimgreen}LMS-" & nLMS & "{transition=rotate}"
                          ElseIf message = "LISD" Then
                              Dim nLISD As String = CStr(hs.DeviceString(2393))
                              message = "{speed=1}{transition=hold}{color=dimgreen}LISD-" & nLISD & "{transition=rotate}"
                          ElseIf message = "Forecast" Then
                              Dim nForecast As String = CStr(hs.DeviceString(1514))
                              message = "{speed=1}{transition=rotate}{color=dimgreen}"  & nForecast & "{transition=rotate}"
                          End If

If debug Then hs.writelog(logname, CStr(sign) & " - " & loc & " - " & message)
                              hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "QueueMessage", new Object(){sign,loc,40,False,message})
                      End Sub
                      It is basically Al's script. I just made a few changes to fit my needs. The first two If statements Exit Sub because they just SetString instead of QueueMessage.

Instead of SetMessage in the last line I made it QueueMessage. QuequeMessage sends the data to the sign for immediate display for the length of time specified, in this case 40 seconds.

When you use the script in an event to set a string, you still need to include the 3 parameters; sign,loc,message (ex. 1,Z,Temperature)

One other note. In my events that use the script to QueueMessage, I use a different location for each. That way, if two or more happen to trigger at or near the same time, they don't overwrite each other.

Hope that's clear as mud.

Comment

Thanks for posting Brady!

Cheers
                        Al

Comment

Sparkman,

With Hs3 beta 3.0.0.104 will your beta brite scripts for caller Id work now??

Cheers Ken

Comment

Sparkman,

With Hs3 beta 3.0.0.104 will your beta brite scripts for caller Id work now??

Cheers Ken
                            Hi Ken,

Good timing on your posting. I just finished testing it.

Short answer, yes. However, I did modify the script to use the QueueMessage Command instead. Here's that section from my script:

Code:
                            	ElseIf message = "Caller" Then
                            		dim calleridname, calleridnumber As String
                            		calleridname = hsp.CIDName(1)
                            		calleridnumber = hsp.CIDNumber(1)
                            		If calleridname = "" Then calleridname = "Unknown Caller"
                            		If calleridnumber = "" Then calleridnumber = ""
                            		message = "Call From " & calleridname & "(" & calleridnumber & ")"
                            		hs.PluginFunction("BLLED", "", "QueueMessage", new Object(){sign,loc,15,False,message})
                            and the screen shot from the event setup.

Cheers
                            Al
                            Attached Files

Comment

Just wondering if something changed with the latest release of BLLED I cant seem to get he script to update any of my messages

Cheers Ken

Comment

I'm now on .38 and my script is working just fine.

I have had issues in the past after an update and had to shutdown the plug-in and restart it before I could get things to work properly.

Comment

Working...
                                X