X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync linked responder devices - loosing settings

hi
    a few days ago i reinstalled homeseer and installed version 0.11
    since then i am going around and around and marking the checkbox on "Sync linked responder devices"
    for some reason some devices keep the settings and some looses them after a while.
    i keep seeing the light on the keyswitch loose sync and if i go into the module itself, the checkbox is gone.
    i tried removing and readding the device but didnt change a thing

once you check the box, open the insteon.ini and check the section for the device in question and see if you see a syncresponder=true key/value listed

syncresponder may not be the exact key value but its close
    Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
    Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
    Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
    Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

when they are checked the value is
      SyncLinkedDevices=1

but after 15 min , the value is 0 and the checkbox is gone.
      could it be that after it pulls status every 5 min, the checkbox is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by ez1976 View Post
        when they are checked the value is
        SyncLinkedDevices=1

but after 15 min , the value is 0 and the checkbox is gone.
        could it be that after it pulls status every 5 min, the checkbox is removed?
        i'll have to check this out; seems like a bug. it shouldn't be related to polling; the check value should stick
        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5
        Hardware: Insteon Serial PLM | AD2USB for Vista Alarm | HAI Omnistat2 | 1-Wire HA7E | RFXrec433 | Dahua Cameras | LiftMaster Internet Gateway | Tuya Smart Plugs
        Plugins: Insteon (mine) | Vista Alarm (mine) | Omnistat 3 | Ultra1Wire3 | RFXCOM | HS MyQ | BLRadar | BLDenon | Tuya | Jon00 Charting | Jon00 Links
        Platform: Windows Server 2022 Standard, i5-12600K/3.7GHz/10 core, 16GB RAM, 500GB SSD

Comment

i fully agree.
          let me know if you need anything from me like testing or sending log

Comment

just happened again.
            i checked the checkbox.
            refreshed after 10 minutes and it was gone

in the insteon.ini file i didnt see the 2 lines but after checking the checkbox again they appearded

NoChannelSync=0
            SyncLinkedDevices=1

Comment

small update:
              during the night, 5-6 devices lost the checkbox.
              i removed them all and readded them. same issue
              this is the same in 4.0.11.0
              and 4.0.5.0

Comment

what version of hs3 are you running
                Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

HS3 Standard Edition 3.0.0.96

Comment

any way i can remove a device from the plugin and not have to go over all the events and re add them?
                    i would likt go to over all the open/close modules and re-add them with the new settings but this means goind over 10-20 events and re adding them with new values.

Comment

not really sure. can you delete the value/pairs from within the hs device and then restart hs and maybe the plugin will recreate the pairs.

or can you just relabel the status values yourself.
                      Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

small update:
                        during the night, 5-6 devices lost the checkbox.
                        i removed them all and readded them. same issue
                        this is the same in 4.0.11.0
                        and 4.0.5.0
                        i have plenty of devices that have not lost their 'sync' setting

i need a set of steps that i can reproduce the issue in order to fix it.

if the settings are just disappearing without any interaction then something is happening to the insteon.ini file or hs
                        Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

yes.
                          basically i can set the checkbox to sync.
                          wait 15 minutes and they will get lost.
                          not the same devices but a couple of them as the rest stay synced.

i can send you the log if that will help or maybe the insteon error log?

Comment

yes.
                            basically i can set the checkbox to sync.
                            wait 15 minutes and they will get lost.
                            not the same devices but a couple of them as the rest stay synced.

i can send you the log if that will help or maybe the insteon error log?
                            enable detailed log on the config page and then rerun your scenario and post the detailed log and lets see if anything is captured. or run the generated error report log on the config page and post the associated file
                            Mark

HS3 Pro 4.2.19.5

Comment

Working...
                            X