Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Google Home Mini issue with multiple lights in a room - solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Home Mini issue with multiple lights in a room - solved!

I have 3 lights assigned to the room "Kitchen":
    - Kitchen Light
    - Kitchen Counter Light
    - Kitchen Table Light

Telling Google Home to turn on/turn off the "Kitchen Counter Light" or "Kitchen Table Light" works fine. However asking to turn on/off "Kitchen Light" will result in "Sorry, I don't know which kitchen light"

I suspect Google Home presumes turn on kitchen light refers to the room kitchen which has 3 lights. Is there any way to have Google Home reference the device name only, or does anyone know a better solution?

Originally posted by zerolife View Post
    I have 3 lights assigned to the room "Kitchen":
    - Kitchen Light
    - Kitchen Counter Light
    - Kitchen Table Light

Telling Google Home to turn on/turn off the "Kitchen Counter Light" or "Kitchen Table Light" works fine. However asking to turn on/off "Kitchen Light" will result in "Sorry, I don't know which kitchen light"

I suspect Google Home presumes turn on kitchen light refers to the room kitchen which has 3 lights. Is there any way to have Google Home reference the device name only, or does anyone know a better solution?
    Call that one "Kitchen Main Light" maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tygerr View Post
      Call that one "Kitchen Main Light" maybe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping there might be a way to keep the current names as it was working fine with Amazon Echo.

Comment

Originally posted by zerolife View Post
        thanks for the suggestion. I was hoping there might be a way to keep the current names as it was working fine with Amazon Echo.
        I have the same problem unfortunately, I was hopeful that someone had found the solution. I have two kitchen lights with similar names and with Google it turns them all at the same time.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by aldo View Post
          I have the same problem unfortunately, I was hopeful that someone had found the solution. I have two kitchen lights with similar names and with Google it turns them all at the same time.

I was able to get things working by filling out the "Voice Command" field in the device configuration with the name that I want Google Home to respond to. Leaving the field empty Google Home takes the full string of {Floor} {Room} {Device} as the device name and that screws things up

Comment

Thanks, so it looks like that you have a newer release of hs. I hope it is stable for you, I was waiting for others feedback on the other post. Thanks for the update and have a great holiday.
            Aldo

Comment

I found same thing out on my google home. Loving it. Few minis too eventually
              HW - i5 4570T @2.9ghz runs @11w | 8gb ram | 128gb ssd OS - Win10 x64

HS - HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435

Plugins - BLRF 2.0.94.0 | Concord 4 3.1.13.10 | HSBuddy 3.9.605.5 | HSTouch Server 3.0.0.68 | RFXCOM 30.0.0.36 | X10 3.0.0.36 | Z-Wave 3.0.1.190

Hardware - EdgePort/4 DB9 Serial | RFXCOM 433MHz USB Transceiver | Superbus 2000 for Concord 4 | TI103 X-10 Interface | WGL Designs W800 RF | Z-Net Z-Wave Interface

Comment

The only problem with setting the voice command seems to be that the Home unit needs the Room/Floor information provided manually. When I add a Voice command to a couple basement lights and say turn off the basement lights it gets all but the ones I added voice commands to. Not a big deal if the new sync keeps the rooms associated.
                Karl S
                HS4Pro on Windows 10
                1070 Devices
                56 Z-Wave Nodes
                104 Events
                HSTouch Clients: 3 Android, 1 iOS
                Google Home: 3 Mini units, 1 Pair Audios, 2 Displays

Comment

Working...
                X