Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to play an audio file??

Hi ChrisH
    Using your plug-in we can turn on,off, change volume a SoundTouch 10 speaker, and that's ok, but, what we need to do is play an audio file (Alarm sound) when some sensor detects something wrong.
    We can't change the "source" of sound or we don't know how to do it yet.
    We want to play an audio file from a Music Library, using the Media streaming service from Windows as a NAS Music Library (NASMusicLibrary.png).

Using the SoundTouch app (PC) we can select this Music Library and play any audio file from a local NAS working in Windows 10 where HS3 is running (IP=192.168.43.91). You can see it in this picture: HS3-Devices-Playing-SoundFile.png.
    I've tried the next Event: HS3-Event-PlayAudioFile.png, using the information seen in the last picture, but nothing happened, only turns on the speaker.

Is this the right way to change the audio source?
    when I try to select an option for "Soundtouch Source" device the only option I have is "AUX"

How can we select a different service like Pandora, Spotify? and then select a song.
    Please, we need your support.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Playing announcements on the BOSE SoundTouch is very limited. The only options we have using their API is to change the preset (1-6), AUX etc.

BOSE is currently working on a new version of their API which is supposed to allow us to play announcements. I have registered with BOSE and they should let me know when that is available. I will look at implementing this in the Homeseer plugin at that time.

Personally I have some relatively cheap amazon Fire 7" tablets around the house mounted to the walls. I use Homeseer HSTouch to play announcements to those tablets on the walls, "Back Door Open" etc.

regards,

Comment

Hi ChrisH,
      Thanks for your inofrmation.
      Regarding change of audio channel (internet radio, Pandora, spotify....)
      How can we do it?
      coud you please post a sample?
      Thanks again

Comment

You can change the channel to one of the presets you have stored. Use the normal SoundTouch app to store your presets (Pandora etc, Sirius XM etc). Once you have the presets setup add the player into the HomeSeer plugin. Buttons will be created to allow you to change the preset.

Screenshots here,

http://homeseer.azurewebsites.net/soundtouch/home/

regards,
        Last edited by ChrisH; October 2, 2017, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Hey Chris,

Any word on when Bose will be changing their API to include announcements.

I did any install for a customer that uses Sonos and their plug-in has a lost more features to it. Just hoping Bose will let us (most you) do more with the plug-in

Comment

Originally posted by huntley1 View Post
            Hey Chris,

Any word on when Bose will be changing their API to include announcements.

I did any install for a customer that uses Sonos and their plug-in has a lost more features to it. Just hoping Bose will let us (most you) do more with the plug-in
            It is still not available I'm afraid. This would be a welcome addition for me too! I am registered with BOSE to get developer notifications and I also monitor their forums.

regards, Chris

Comment

Hi Chris,

I have a Bose SA-5 Amplifier that has 3 AUX input. From the Plug-in how can I select one of the three inputs? in the source device it is just giving mE an option for one Aux not sure which AUX it controls if any. I have the input connected to my controller to try to play announcements. If I select the input from the Soundtouch app it works fine, but trying to select from the plug-in doesn't play my audio files.

Comment

HI Chris,

I just confirmed that the AUX button created by the plug-in doesn't control any of the AUX in on the SA-5. I had the SoundTouch app opened on my phone and toggled the Aux button in the plug-in (HS3) and it didn't not change the source.

Comment

The plugin does not work with the BOSE Amplifiers. It only works with the actual SoundTouch speakers.

Comment

Working...
                  X