Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iAutomate RFID receiver

Hello,

I'm contemplating installing an RFID system into my Homeseer setup and found myself looking at the Home Automation RFID reader made by Wavetrend (LRX202-HA) and the L-TG501-A tags for Homeseer and noticed that the tags transmit on 433.92 MHz. I have an RFXCOM receiver that receives 433.92 MHz transmissions and wondered if it would pick up the information from the tags or if there's enough proprietary language in the data transmission of the tag that the specific reader and plugin is necessary.

Also, it would be pretty difficult for to string serial cable from where I would mount the receiver to my Homeseer unit and I wondered if using a wireless bluetooth adapter such as the SIIG RS-232 Serial to Bluetooth adapter would work?
    http://www.amazon.com/RS-232-Serial-...pd_sim_sbs_e_9

Thanks!
    -Dave

Dave,

Have you made it work?
    I do have one Wavetrend reader but i cant do it work on Homeseer.
    Is there a way to try if it is working without using homeseer?

Regards!

Comment

Hi Gueorgui,

No results to report yet. I'm still researching.
      As for making it work without Homeseer, I don't have any input for you. Perhaps you might try calling the iAutomate folks at iAutomate.com and see if they might have some solutions that would work for you?

-Dave

Comment

Dave, I don't know whether you saw me post in your other thread about wireless serial/bluetooth but I have been experimenting with a wireless BT serial device.

At the minute I am not having much in the way of luck, it appears that unless there is a repeating stream of serial data sent to the PC then the port will timeout and close. I read a little on the net suggesting this but nothing on how to solve it. The MS stack creates an incoming and outgoing COM port, I am led to believe that the Widcomm stack will create a single port which is a little more like a conventional port.

I don't know anything about this RFID receiver but if there is not a constant output of serial data then you may end up with the same problem I have had with it just closing and not being able to reopen it. I have been looking at the 32feet.net DLL but it is all going over my head at the minute to try and bypass the COM port business and just read from the BT device directly.

Comment

Ethernet to Serial Adaptor

After testing many adaptors, this is the only Serial adaptor that we support, we have it deployed in about 60 locations. We preconfigure the device prior to shipment and once the driver is installed, it appears in device manager as a standard COM Port.

http://www.iautomate.com/rs232-seria...device-server/

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by pmonahan View Post
            After testing many adaptors, this is the only Serial adaptor that we support, we have it deployed in about 60 locations. We preconfigure the device prior to shipment and once the driver is installed, it appears in device manager as a standard COM Port.

http://www.iautomate.com/rs232-seria...device-server/

Peter
            I'm having trouble adding the reeder to homeseer. It keeps saying "12/21/2012 4:47:54 PM - iAutomate RFID - Error: The network is missing 1 readers, including at least Reader ID 1". It started up ok and the com port appears to be working. Any way to get it working?

Comment

Originally posted by mrhappy View Post
              Dave, I don't know whether you saw me post in your other thread about wireless serial/bluetooth but I have been experimenting with a wireless BT serial device.

At the minute I am not having much in the way of luck, it appears that unless there is a repeating stream of serial data sent to the PC then the port will timeout and close. I read a little on the net suggesting this but nothing on how to solve it. The MS stack creates an incoming and outgoing COM port, I am led to believe that the Widcomm stack will create a single port which is a little more like a conventional port.

I don't know anything about this RFID receiver but if there is not a constant output of serial data then you may end up with the same problem I have had with it just closing and not being able to reopen it. I have been looking at the 32feet.net DLL but it is all going over my head at the minute to try and bypass the COM port business and just read from the BT device directly.
              I'm using the NETRS232 as peter suggested above. Unfortunately, because I didn't buy it off him he won't support it because it is supposed to be preconfigured. Rather than lay down $200 for something I already own, I've been messing with the settings. Try these and see if they work for you on the ethernet device and com port. Flow control = hardware. Also, change the com port settings shown in the picture. I've had about 3 hours of persistent connection but who knows if it will last.
              Attached Files

Comment

I gave up as none of the settings I used above worked for more than a few hours. I'm gonna give the preconfigured device from iautomate ago as peter suggested...

Comment

Originally posted by jayman13 View Post
                  I gave up as none of the settings I used above worked for more than a few hours. I'm gonna give the preconfigured device from iautomate ago as peter suggested...
                  Let us know if you have any interferance from the two readers being on the same freq.

I just install an iAutomate.com wavetrend reader and i'm looking to get an RFXCon for other items in the environment.

Comment

iAutomate RFID receiver

Hi Dave, It is working right now, Peter helped me configuring it and everything is ok for now.
                    It is connected directly to the serial port. Right now i am trying to connect it using an IP/Serial gateway.

Regards!
                    Last edited by gueorgui; May 10, 2013, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X