Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Net

Hello!

I am very interested in the upcoming Z-Net device. I currently run HS3 at my primary residence and two HomeTroller Zee's at my remote locations and would MUCH rather control everything centrally on one system, with one HSTouch setup to maintain.

Questions:

1. Any plans for releasing a software-only product, for those of us with spare Raspberry Pi's?

2. Any plans for an upgrade / sidegrade path for existing HomeTroller Zee customers? Or maybe a "Z-Net mode" capability in a future version of the software? This would be my preferred option, as I just bought the Zee's late last year and would like to maintain as much of that investment as possible.

Jon

Jon,
    The HomeSeer developers do not frequent this message board so you may be better off putting in this question as a help desk request here:
    http://helpdesk.homeseer.com/
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks for the warning. I will do.

Comment

We do not plan to offer the Z-NET parts or software separately. This will only be sold as a completed product.

Your existing Zee(s) will be able to work in conjunction with the Z-NET, if you wish to use them together. FYI

Comment

Timeline?

Any idea as to a timeline for this product?

I am presently in the process of setting up my network and it would be
          really helpful to know if the Z-net is due out in a matter of weeks? or months? year?

Thanks
          jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

Originally posted by jjsmd View Post
            Any idea as to a timeline for this product?

I am presently in the process of setting up my network and it would be
            really helpful to know if the Z-net is due out in a matter of weeks? or months? year?

Thanks
            Some of us (including me) are testing it in our homes right now and we're working through issues and fine-tuning the software. I would say we're 1-2 weeks out on the beta version.

Comment

Great, Thanks for the reply

I'm looking forward to trying it myself
              jjsmd@yahoo.com

Comment

I really love this idea. I could set up a vpn to my second residence/vacation home and control both through a single HS3 instance. How do you set up the integration between HS3 and the device? IP address? COM port?

What I don't love is the price. It looks like a raspberry pi with a zwave chip which could be built for ~$75. For the $150 price listed in the online store, I might as well pay $50 more and get a Zee. If the price was closer to $100 I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Comment

In Store for Pre-Order - Not

But it won't really go thru.
                  I called and they said another couple days before pre-orders would process.
                  And to click Notify or just try to pre-order each day.

It is sad but, $149 (or $100) is insignificant with what I have already invested in this system.

Comment

Originally posted by clay2young View Post
                    But it won't really go thru.
                    I called and they said another couple days before pre-orders would process.
                    And to click Notify or just try to pre-order each day.
                    We'll be turning orders on as soon as the plug-in is finalized (possibly by tomorrow) and the quick start guide is done (also possibly tomorrow).

[quote]It is sad but, $149 (or $100) is insignificant with what I have already invested in this sy

Originally posted by jogentry View Post
                    What I don't love is the price. It looks like a raspberry pi with a zwave chip which could be built for ~$75. For the $150 price listed in the online store, I might as well pay $50 more and get a Zee. If the price was closer to $100 I would buy one in a heartbeat.
                    If you factor in the cost of our engineering work and you consider that the previous model (Z-Troller) was also $150, I'd say the pricing is pretty darn reasonable. Don't forget... we do need to make a little money too!

Comment

Looking forward to this! Just curious, if the pi part goes belly up sometime in the future is it possible to replace just that part? Or if some glutton for punishment wants a different pi version or some such could that be swapped in?

HS3 : HSpro (3.0.0.460) on Win2012 (vm on ESXi)
                      Plugins: HSTouch, UPBSpud, Kinect, Nest, IFTTT, DirecTV, EasyTrigger, Imperihome, Zwave, RFXcom, UltraMon3, UltraWeatherBug3, UltraGCIR3, UltraLog3, UltraPioneer, PHLocation, Pushover, Pushalot, MCSSPrinklers S, JowiHue
                      Jon00 Plugins: Bluetooth Proximity, Performance Monitor, DB Chart, Links

Comment

I stand corrected. The zwave GPIO daughter card is more costly than a zstick. It does seem reasonable.

Comment

Any forecast on a date for a European version of this device?
                          Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
                            Any forecast on a date for a European version of this device?
                            Our next module order will include Euro versions, possibly other frequencies too. Not sure of that timeframe.... we'll have a better idea once these begin shipping.

Comment

Originally posted by macromark View Post
                              Our next module order will include Euro versions, possibly other frequencies too. Not sure of that timeframe.... we'll have a better idea once these begin shipping.
                              Looking forward to it!
                              Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                              X