Plug-in created Ghost players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in created Ghost players

I've updated to version 3.1.0.2 and when I start the plug-in it creates two "ghost" players/instances for players that do not exist.

I have a player at this address: RINCON_000E58713C2601400
    which does exist, but instances (and devices) are created for these two as well:
    RINCON_000E58713C2601400_MR
    RINCON_000E58713C2601400_MS

If I delete them from the plug-in Config page then they will re-appear when I next start the plug-in/restart HS.

I've attached screen shots below of the Player page and UPnP viewer for your convenience/

I also, from time-to-time, get these error messages in the log:
    May-17 11:28:26 Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
    May-17 11:28:25 Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Any idea how I can get over this issue?
    Nicolai L

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
    I've updated to version 3.1.0.2 and when I start the plug-in it creates two "ghost" players/instances for players that do not exist.

I have a player at this address: RINCON_000E58713C2601400
    which does exist, but instances (and devices) are created for these two as well:
    RINCON_000E58713C2601400_MR
    RINCON_000E58713C2601400_MS

If I delete them from the plug-in Config page then they will re-appear when I next start the plug-in/restart HS.

I've attached screen shots below of the Player page and UPnP viewer for your convenience/

I also, from time-to-time, get these error messages in the log:
    May-17 11:28:26 Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone
    May-17 11:28:25 Sonos Error Error in myDeviceFinderCallback_DeviceFound for zoneplayer = . Some crucial services are not on-line. The plug-in cannot work for this zone

Any idea how I can get over this issue?
    What type of players do you have? Are they paired somehow?

Dirk

Comment

I've got Connect, Connect:Amp, Play:3 and Play:5 (nine players in total). Nothing is paired.

Forgot to attach the screenshots before so here they are:
      Attached Files
      Nicolai L

Comment

I've got Connect, Connect:Amp, Play:3 and Play:5 (nine players in total). Nothing is paired.

Forgot to attach the screenshots before so here they are:
        I've had it as well but only once.
        I'll do some code reading to see if I can figure out how and why they show up.

Stay tuned

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
          I've had it as well but only once.
          I'll do some code reading to see if I can figure out how and why they show up.

Stay tuned

Dirk
          Thanks, much appreciated. Happy to run a debug/beta version if you need me to gather more data.
          Nicolai L

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated. Happy to run a debug/beta version if you need me to gather more data.
            I just checked the code and I have very specific checks on what devices to discover and yet, somehow the PI picks up wrong devices.

If you can easily recreate this, could you help me and do the following:

a/ delete the 2 ghost devices by clicking on the delete button on the Sonos config page
            b/ set the debug flag on and set the UPNP Functions debug level to 'Verbose'
            c/ restart PI or HS or whatever you do to make it happen
            d/ If it happens again, take screen shot of device table (Sonos Config page)
            e/ Click on "view Sonos Devices" button at the bottom of the Sonos Config Page.
            f/ Take screen shot of that page
            g/ If the "ghost" device is on that list, click on its hyper-linked "Device Friendly Name"
            h/ save the page that opens with the info of the ghost device
            i/ stop HS, zip the HS log file (hs_root/logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd) and email it to me, together with screen shot of the device table.

Start HS/PI and turn off all the debugging.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

I just checked the code and I have very specific checks on what devices to discover and yet, somehow the PI picks up wrong devices.

If you can easily recreate this, could you help me and do the following:

a/ delete the 2 ghost devices by clicking on the delete button on the Sonos config page
              b/ set the debug flag on and set the UPNP Functions debug level to 'Verbose'
              c/ restart PI or HS or whatever you do to make it happen
              d/ If it happens again, take screen shot of device table (Sonos Config page)
              e/ Click on "view Sonos Devices" button at the bottom of the Sonos Config Page.
              f/ Take screen shot of that page
              g/ If the "ghost" device is on that list, click on its hyper-linked "Device Friendly Name"
              h/ save the page that opens with the info of the ghost device
              i/ stop HS, zip the HS log file (hs_root/logs/HomeSeerLog.hsd) and email it to me, together with screen shot of the device table.

Start HS/PI and turn off all the debugging.

Cheers,

Dirk
              Never mind, I found a way to recreate it. It actually happens when a player gets discovered AFTER the PI is active. So if I take a player off-line, delete it from the PI, bring the player on-line, it happens.

Will be fixed in next version, hopefully this week. I'm supposed to get a playbar tomorrow so I plan on adding that support and then release both the fix for the ghost player and the playbar support

Dirk

Comment

Will get this done. Probably be tomorrow night before I get a chance to do it though.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Will get this done. Probably be tomorrow night before I get a chance to do it though.
                  See my previous posting. I believe I found the issue and have a solution soaking already. No need for you to re-create.

Thanks

Dirk

Comment

See my previous posting. I believe I found the issue and have a solution soaking already. No need for you to re-create.

Thanks

Dirk
                    So much for me paying attention

Thanks, sounds great!
                    Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Dirk

Just thought I'd check in and see how the fix was coming along? Happy to test a beta version if you have anything ready?

Nicolai
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Hi Dirk

Just thought I'd check in and see how the fix was coming along? Happy to test a beta version if you have anything ready?

Nicolai
                        Working on playbar integration. Can post a beta here if you can't wait.

Dirk

Comment

Thanks for the update. Just sat the other thread that you have posted 3.1.0.3. I will give this a try when it appears in the updater.

Nicolai
                          Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                          X