HSTouch Designer Device Grouping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSTouch Designer Device Grouping Question

I'm trying to understand how to group my devices in HStouch designer and i know i need to either link or group my devices but I'm not sure how this works inside hstouch designer. Here is where I am stuck. I have devices that are dimmable and are on/off only devices and would like these added to the list. Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure to understand what you are trying to do, and I'm not the most knowledgeable when it comes to Hstouch designer, so maybe you should post your question in the hstouch designer forum section.

Comment

Grouping in designer doesn't create a link between devices. I use group boxes to help with alignment of Dimmers switches or what ever you drop into the group box. One way I use a group box is for a common menu bar that I have at the bottom of every page. You can copy and paste the group box to a new page very easily.
      Linking occurs between a graphical device such as a slider, and the actual Dimmer device it will control.
      Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
      | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
      Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
      BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly. At the bottom of my design page I have a light icon that I hope to control all my upb lights but right now it brings up a menu to control everything on my system. In the designer, when I choose the command for the icon I choose control a device and gives me a list of devices but I can only control one device and not all my upb devices. This is where I am stuck. I appreciate everyone's patience.

Comment

I understand what your trying to achieve, but in the simplest of designs each icon/slider can only control one device.
          That is to toggle on/off of slide up and down the brightness.

Here is what I did to control two separate light dimmers in my kitchen.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	1184779
          each of the buttons command both lights to be on at 10% 33% 66% or 100%
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	1184778
          both devices need to added to the action editor screen
          Blair

HomeSeer: HS3 Pro | Blue-Iris 4 on Windows10Pro
          | Devices: 832 | Events: 211 |
          Plug-Ins: Z-Wave | RFXCOM | UltraRachio3 | Sonos
          BLLAN | BLLOCK | NetCAM | Global Cache Pro | Blue-Iris4

Comment