Need Aprilaire Thermostat support in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Aprilaire Thermostat support in HS3

I have been a long time user of HS2 and have decided to upgrade to HS3PRO/ HS3. I see no problem with the port to HS3 except for converting over my Aprilaire thermostats which I have in my house.

When I was using HS2 I converted the script to support enerzone thermostats to support my Aprilaire thermostats. HS3 currently does not include Aprilaire thermostats and I need the support I had in HS2 or better...

The script I had made use of the Enerzone Thermostat Device type that HS2 had. It looks like I need to convert my HS2 script over to HS3 but I see no Enerzone Thermostat device type in HS3 that I used in HS2 to support my script.

I\'m looking for help on how to solve this problem. I\'m new to HS3 and not quite sure what I need to do to port my script. It seems like HS3 supports plugins for thermostats not scripts. I think if I had help in creating a thermostat device like we had in HS2 I could figure out the scripting. Really appreciate any help or directions on how to get support for Aprilaire thermostats in HS3/HS3PRO. Also I\'m doing this based on my 30 day trial in which I have 25 days left before I commit to buying a HS3PRO license. I really want to convert over to HS3PRO/HS3 since it has support for new devices I want to use but I cannot do it if I do not have support for Aprilaire Thermostats.

It seems like the easiest solution would be to create an Enerzone Thermostat Device type in my script but I do not know how to do this.

Any advice or ideas on how to get this support for the Aprilaire Thermostats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    garyb

Originally posted by garyb View Post
    I have been a long time user of HS2 and have decided to upgrade to HS3PRO/ HS3. I see no problem with the port to HS3 except for converting over my Aprilaire thermostats which I have in my house.

When I was using HS2 I converted the script to support enerzone thermostats to support my Aprilaire thermostats. HS3 currently does not include Aprilaire thermostats and I need the support I had in HS2 or better...

The script I had made use of the Enerzone Thermostat Device type that HS2 had. It looks like I need to convert my HS2 script over to HS3 but I see no Enerzone Thermostat device type in HS3 that I used in HS2 to support my script.

I\'m looking for help on how to solve this problem. I\'m new to HS3 and not quite sure what I need to do to port my script. It seems like HS3 supports plugins for thermostats not scripts. I think if I had help in creating a thermostat device like we had in HS2 I could figure out the scripting. Really appreciate any help or directions on how to get support for Aprilaire thermostats in HS3/HS3PRO. Also I\'m doing this based on my 30 day trial in which I have 25 days left before I commit to buying a HS3PRO license. I really want to convert over to HS3PRO/HS3 since it has support for new devices I want to use but I cannot do it if I do not have support for Aprilaire Thermostats.

It seems like the easiest solution would be to create an Enerzone Thermostat Device type in my script but I do not know how to do this.

Any advice or ideas on how to get this support for the Aprilaire Thermostats would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

garyb

I also would like to get Aprilaire thermostat plugin for HS3. Called Homeseer a couple of month ago, was told they didn't think there is much interest (both interests from users to buy it, and interests from developers they worked with to write it).

Anyone else interested in HS3 Aprilaire plugin?

Comment

Working...
    X