X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Uno - Z-Wave + Arduino with HS3

http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/
    http://z-uno.z-wave.me/
    Last edited by mrhappy; December 28, 2016, 03:21 PM.

Hey Adam, does look interesting, although a bit on the expensive side. Hopefully the NA version will be available soon.

Cheers
    Al
    HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
    Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

Interestingly I wonder if I have the same issue here that has been seen in modules like the Fibaro/Qubino whereby they don't play nicely with HS where there are multiple endpoints. I don't really know enough of the intricacies of Z-Wave here but I have created a very basic sketch that is essentially certified on the basis of the certified 10 channel sketch http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/Certified10Channels/ just with three additional channels and this is the code;

Code:
      #define LedPin1 9
      #define LedPin2 10
      #define LedPin3 11
      #define LedPin4 12
      #define LedPin5 18
      #define LedPin6 19

byte switchValue1 = 1;
      byte switchValue2 = 1;
      byte switchValue3 = 1;
      byte switchValue4 = 1;
      byte switchValue5 = 1;
      byte switchValue6 = 1;

ZUNO_SETUP_SLEEPING_MODE(ZUNO_SLEEPING_MODE_ALWAYS_AWAKE);
      ZUNO_SETUP_ASSOCIATIONS(ZUNO_ASSOCIATION_GROUP_SET_VALUE); // Send Basic Set to association group

ZUNO_SETUP_CHANNELS(
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch1, setterSwitch1),
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch2, setterSwitch2),
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch3, setterSwitch3),
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch4, setterSwitch4),
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch5, setterSwitch5),
        ZUNO_SWITCH_BINARY(getterSwitch6, setterSwitch6)
      );

void setup() {
        pinMode(LedPin1, OUTPUT);
        pinMode(LedPin2, OUTPUT);
        pinMode(LedPin3, OUTPUT);
        pinMode(LedPin4, OUTPUT);
        pinMode(LedPin5, OUTPUT);
        pinMode(LedPin6, OUTPUT);
      }

void loop() {
        // Empty
      }

void setterSwitch1(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin1, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue1 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch1(){
        return switchValue1;
      }

void setterSwitch2(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin2, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue2 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch2(){
        return switchValue2;
      }

void setterSwitch3(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin3, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue3 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch3(){
        return switchValue3;
      }

void setterSwitch4(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin4, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue4 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch4(){
        return switchValue4;
      }

void setterSwitch5(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin5, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue5 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch5(){
        return switchValue5;
      }

void setterSwitch6(byte value) {
        digitalWrite(LedPin6, (value > 0) ? HIGH : LOW);
        switchValue6 = value;
      }

byte getterSwitch6(){
        return switchValue6;
      }
      The device adds to HS correctly and creates a root device and six child devices.

Code:
      Add Node started...
      Activate the 'Add to Network' function on the device...
      A new node is being added...
      Adding a new SLAVE NODE...
      DONE - Add Node Operation is Complete.
      Done. Node 28 Added. 
      Reloading (importing) node information...
      Synchronizing node information with HomeSeer and creating new device(s) as necessary...
      Synchronize nodes finished. Number of device nodes to be created/added = 1
      Z-Wave manufacturer information for node 28, ID: 277=115H (Z-Wave.Me), Type: 272=110H, ID: 1=1H
      Node: 28 Supports Class(es): ZWAVEPLUS_INFO_V2, BASIC, SWITCH_BINARY, CONFIGURATION, ASSOCIATION, MULTI_INSTANCE_ASSOCIATION, MULTI_CHANNEL_V2, FIRMWARE_UPDATE_MD, DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY, ASSOCIATION_GRP_INFO, POWERLEVEL, VERSION_V2, MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC
      Node 28 is Z-Wave version: Lib: 4.05 App: 0.67
      Node 28 is a Z-Wave Plus node. Retrieving ZWPlus Info...
      All associations for node 28 have been retrieved successfully, it supports associations on these groups: 1.
      Getting Z-Wave Plus Association Group Information (1 groups) from Node 28...
      Root Node Device Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary was created for node 28 on network E4F5DD8A
      Home Interface: Adding association for Z-Wave device Z-Wave Z-Wave.Me Switch Binary (Node 28, Group 1, Endpoint 1) to HomeSeer
      6 out of 6 Child devices of node 28 were created successfully.
      Finished.
      Now if you come to control the device in HS then outputs 2,3,4,5 and 6 all work correctly. However control output 1 and one of the other outputs will always switch with it, in my previous sketch with only four outputs then it was output two but now with six outputs it is output three. Attached is a screenshot of output 1 being turned on by the HS web page and output 3 following suit by being turned on (same last change times).

Interestingly when output 1 is switched on from HS then on the device only output 1 is high even though in HS it shows output 1 and 3 on (as the photo shows with the single LED on). Turning the device off from HS also turns output 1 low, so it is solely the HS representation of the devices that appears to be the issue (of course I don't know if there are any Z-Wave commands going to the board which are being filtered out by it's firmware).

I know support for this issue may be limited but I wonder if it is also part of the wider issue with some multi channel devices not playing the game.

Bug 3361 filed.
      Last edited by mrhappy; March 31, 2018, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sparkman View Post
        Hopefully the NA version will be available soon.
        It's available in North America now. https://z-uno.us/ $69.90 US plus shipping.

Comment

This is real cool... I can see numerous additions to HA with these...

Robert
          HS3PRO 3.0.0.500 as a Fire Daemon service, Windows 2016 Server Std Intel Core i5 PC HTPC Slim SFF 4GB, 120GB SSD drive, WLG800, RFXCom, TI103,NetCam, UltraNetcam3, BLBackup, CurrentCost 3P Rain8Net, MCsSprinker, HSTouch, Ademco Security plugin/AD2USB, JowiHue, various Oregon Scientific temp/humidity sensors, Z-Net, Zsmoke, Aeron Labs micro switches, Amazon Echo Dots, WS+, WD+ ... on and on.

Comment

[QUOTE=mrhappy;1264904]Interestingly I wonder if I have the same issue here that has been seen in modules like the Fibaro/Qubino whereby they don't play nicely with HS where there are multiple endpoints. I don't really know enough of the intricacies of Z-Wave here but I have created a very basic sketch that is essentially certified on the basis of the certified 10 channel sketch http://z-uno.z-wave.me/examples/Certified10Channels/ just with three additional channels and this is the code;
            /endquote]

I had a similar problem with a 4 channel relay and found it was somehow connected to using PINS 17 & 18. For some reason INT 0 & 1 don't like being defined as OUTPUTS.

My solution was to USE INPUTS on PINS 5 to 8 and OUTPUTS on PINS 9 to 12. They will work but also interfere with other OUTPUT PINS.

I'm going to try a new sketch using PINS 19 to 23 (5 channel) as OUTPUTS and see if that also works.

It's possible that you might be able to use 6 channels by avoiding INT 0 & 1.

Comment

This sounds like an interesting derivative of the arduino. Pricey though.

Over in the Arduino Plugin sub-forum, we are doing some pretty interesting stuff with the wifi enabled arduinos (called nodeMCU). I don't have any z-wave installed so it made sense for me to use wifi. Works well.

The nodeMCUs are about $8.50 from Amazon. About $3.00 from eBay shipped from China.

Comment

Now for something wierd.

I used your sketch with Vera, found no problem with interference between channels.

Then I redefined the OUTPUT PINS to
                Code:
                #define LedPin1 9
                #define LedPin2 10
                #define LedPin3 11
                #define LedPin4 12
                #define LedPin5 13
                #define LedPin6 14
                and ran into the same problem as you encountered.

What makes this weird is that I use
                Code:
                // RELAY or LED pin number

#define LED_PIN1 9    //  9 pin - user LED of Z-Uno board
                #define LED_PIN2 10   // 10 pin - user LED of Z-Uno board
                #define LED_PIN3 11
                #define LED_PIN4 12
                for my 4 channel version (with switches) and it works as required.

Initially, I had similar problems until I cleaned up the code and moved the PINS

I raised this in
                http://forum.z-wave.me/viewtopic.php...t=25083#p69299

with no solution. Now it appears it is a problem with HS.

I'll continue to play with this as it needs a resolution but my knowledge is minimal and expectations high with ZUNO.
                Attached Files

Comment

This works in HS.

Code:
                  #define LedPin1 10
                  #define LedPin2 19
                  #define LedPin3 20
                  #define LedPin4 21
                  #define LedPin5 22
                  #define LedPin6 23

Comment

Hello!

HomeSeer team was very kind to have a look in this problem and they have fixed the problem in their Z-Wave plugin version 3.0.1.146 which is in the BETA section of the plugins page. Please give it a try and report us if this helped to solve tour problem.

According to the support team Z-Uno is now working with HomeSeer

Comment

Comment

Mods, could you please move or link this thread to the primary technologies zwave topic as there may be more correct exposure from that topic to garner a solution.

Comment

I've been wanting a battery powered latching switch relay for a while now. Just stick a huge battery pack on it, and sell it to me. Please! I could try doing it myself, but I'd need a lot of help. I have a couple of decorative battery powered lamps that I would love to be able to turn on via motion sensor. I'd rather not run wires in the middle of my dining room table. It's z-wave plus that supports the Beaming/light sleep or whatever right? What kind of battery life could you get out of a 3kMah battery? I'm always impressed with my door locks battery life. To be always available to receive commands, and motor locked a few to a dozen times a day, and only have to replace 'rechargeable' batteries every 6-8 months, I just marvel at it.

Comment

Originally posted by tome10 View Post
                            I've been wanting a battery powered latching switch relay for a while now. Just stick a huge battery pack on it, and sell it to me. Please! I could try doing it myself, but I'd need a lot of help. I have a couple of decorative battery powered lamps that I would love to be able to turn on via motion sensor. I'd rather not run wires in the middle of my dining room table. It's z-wave plus that supports the Beaming/light sleep or whatever right? What kind of battery life could you get out of a 3kMah battery? I'm always impressed with my door locks battery life. To be always available to receive commands, and motor locked a few to a dozen times a day, and only have to replace 'rechargeable' batteries every 6-8 months, I just marvel at it.
                            I'm afraid it just wouldn't work, certainly for the Z-Uno as I worked it out as I was interested.

If you took an average set of LED lights at say 40mA (with supporting transistor) and ran these for 8 hours a day then it would be 320mA. The Z-Uno in FLIRS (light sleep) uses 1mA (although it claims to be able to draw less if you start taking components off, not something I want to do). If you have the remaining 16 hours at 1mA then it is 336mA a day.

Working on the fact that your battery pack was 100% efficient (never going to happen) and there was no other losses then at most from a 3000mAh battery you are going to 8.9 days before it needs charging again. I would imagine you are going to get tired of recharging that pretty quickly.

You might be able to get some optimization if you were to look at some boost circuits or PWM'ing the lights so fast you don't notice but I doubt you would stretch those 9 days to a great deal more.

Locks are likely heavily optimised (both mechanically and electronically) and won't be open (ie drawing current) for any more than a few seconds before they go back to bed. Suddenly if you draw 50mA when the lock opens for 30 seconds and then the rest of the day at 1mA or less you are going to get good battery life.

I'd love to see something similar myself but if it was feasible I think it would already be out!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X