ADIOcelot Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael

Sorry I missed some of these. It has been working well. The time had been off a minute or two on the earlier versions, I will verify that its working on time now.

Thanks again from me, especially as the one who requested it. I keep several hundred lines of critical function code in my ocelot, and having Homeseer and Ocelot sync'd is important.

I haven't been much help technically, but I offer to update the Word doc documentation file if that needs to be done. I could take a hack at it, and let me know how close I get? Would that help? If so, give me the date / time of the most current version and I will compare to what I have at home. I can go through the GUI and write up what I don't see there

Paul
    Paul

Comment

A little teamwork is great. I dont recall the last time I updated it. Feel free to do any form of revision that you think will help.
      Attached Files

Comment

I got it. I'm doing a little painting to get the WAF up, give me a week to poke at it and I will repost.

Paul
        Paul

Comment

Rev 1

Michael-

Here is rev 1. You can see it got bigger, I put screen shots in. I can work on smashing the graphics down later.

Updated ADIOcelot Doc

guest/guest

I wanted to see what you thought about the approach, look & feel etc.

Highlights
          • I assumed less on the part of the reader, based on someone like me.....
          • I "talked it up" a lot more. What it means, how great it is wasnt in there enough
          • I organized the first part around describing each tab, how it works
          • I added input on the 4th tab, CMAX, an important function

Reviews needed
          • General "am I on the right track" kind of comments
          • Yellow hightlight stuff needs your review, a lot of reading between the lines on my part
          • Some help from other users on IR, i dont use it, can't validate or comment much
          • Need a good IO screen shot from you with SECU or other Ocelot
          • The time set function used to have a check box, it doesn't now?

This is an awesome plugin, and working on this made me make sure I really understood it. The more I look, the more I find out.

Paul
          Paul

Comment

I read your updates last night and like how you have given it a more user-oriented slant and a way of explaining how to accomplish specific objectives. This will be a very positive addition. I know when I started with the ocelot there was no guidance available of how to make it work with HS.

I made some edits for technical correctness, but in general did not try to address you specific questions. I'm scrambling now to get ready for the airport and I can provide more input a little later. Hopefully someone else will be able to provide screen shots since I'm be away for a few weeks.

I did not intentionally remove the Set Clock button. Need to look if I did or not. I also forget to what degree xAP integration was done with this Homeseer Plugin. I run ADIOcelot as a standalone xAP application and I forget what xAP capabilities are in the plugin version.

I did notice that some material was covered toward the beginning and then later toward the end. This may simply be because you are working from the front toward the back.

This will really help other that have an ocelot/HS environment. Perhaps others that have some good techniques that they have employed will share them as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Michael McSharry
              I also forget to what degree xAP integration was done with this Homeseer Plugin. I run ADIOcelot as a standalone xAP application and I forget what xAP capabilities are in the plugin version.

Any chance of releasing the standalone version? I am currently running a second copy of HS on my HTPC with just the ADIOcelot plugin and HS-Girder. Would be nice to get rid of some of the extra overhead that I don't really need.

Comment

I'll be away from home for a couple weeks, but I can get you setup when I get back.

Comment

ok, thanks.

Comment

Michael-

Great, I hoped you would feel that way about it. I will take a look at your updates and keep going. You are right about the repeating material at the end. Still working that direction. I wanted to get something there for you to look at. A few more turn arounds and it should be in good form.

I think it would be great to get other's experiences in here, and to that end this is an invitation... Ocelot users please take a look and make some comments. Especially in IR. I think I am one of the few who doesn't use IR. Please feel free to take a crack at it, send me some edits in a message or the doc back, and I can reintegrate it all. Please highlight your comments so I will know what to grab.

Paul
                    Paul

Comment

Paul,
                      I've only skimmed the updated docs but they look good so far. The attached image should be what you're looking for on the io tab.

From the screen captures in the document is looks like you're running v1.8.0, which didn't have the set clock button.

jim
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jim, and you're right about the version. I think I outsmarted myself with the version control I had on my plugin during releases on this....

Thanks for your graphic its whats needed; and a question: what is the purpose of the two check boxes at the bottom, "invert". How do I write that up, eg under what circumstances would a user check or uncheck them?

Paul
                        Paul

Comment

That check box will "flip" the reporting of the ON/OFF status of the HS devices that correspond to ocelot secu16 inputs.

Connect a switch to an input on the secu16. With the box unchecked, the HS device for that input will be ON when the switch is open and OFF when the switch is closed. With the box checked, the HS device will be OFF when the switch is open and ON when it is closed.

So whether a person would want to check it or not would depend on how they wanted the status of whatever they had connected to the sec16 inputs to be reported in HS.

This tracks back to when the ocelot plugin was first being written. It was implemented the first way (open=ON). For many people the opposite way made more sense, so Rich added the "invert" option so the user could choose.

jim

Comment

XAP AdiOcelot

I'll be away from home for a couple weeks, but I can get you setup when I get back.

Back in town? I'm atually not trying to bug you, but figured I would see. Not doing a heck of a lot tonight.

Comment

It is attached. You will need a minimum xAP environment for it to be of any use to you. This will be a xAP Plugin to Homeseer, a xAP hub on each computer on which xAP applications are running, and the xAP Viewer will be quite useful to view the message traffic.

This expects auto-configuration capabilities so HS and the application's house codes will be in sync. Without it you will need to do a little ini file editing. If all you are doing is IR with it then there should not be much difficulty.
                              Last edited by Michael McSharry; February 24, 2007, 05:32 PM.

Comment

It is attached. You will need a minimum xAP environment for it to be of any use to you. This will be a xAP Plugin to Homeseer, a xAP hub on each computer on which xAP applications are running, and the xAP Viewer will be quite useful to view the message traffic.

This expects auto-configuration capabilities so HS and the application's house codes will be in sync. Without it you will need to do a little ini file editing. If all you are doing is IR with it then there should not be much difficulty.

Thanks. I will have to play around with it this evening when I get home from work.

Comment

Working...
                                X