SonosController Feature Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gerlin View Post
    Would you be able to provide the API routine list (like you have with the existing functionality) so I would know what API calls are available?
    I'll probably have to code up the API so you can access the player via UPNP so you'll need to wait for a new beta. You'll probably be looking at one api call to get all existing alarm info because you need to pick out which one you're interested in so you need an ID. Subsequently, you'll have to script getting the info on that specific alarm, then another API call to toggle ONLY it's status. The existing UPNP object has a bunch of parameters in one call so I need to figure out whether it allows to only toggle one specific parameter or whether you need to get all info, copy them over into a set instruction. I might be able to hide all of that so you can simply call a method with an ID and on-off state. Stay tuned

Or if these are standard Sonos API calls, are there Sonos docs available?
    There are no Sonos docs available that I'm aware off. You need to use a UPNP Spy application to figure out what they publish and then do trial and error to see what actually works and what not.

Your plug-in and the ability to script it has definitely increased the WAF and prevented me from getting in more trouble for the $$ I have spent on my "hobby".
    Hear ye, my assembly of (different) sonos players has grown a bit under the guise that I need it to debug the plug-in

Dirk

Comment

That all sounds good. I will happily wait for a new beta.

Thanks,

Lou

Comment

That all sounds good. I will happily wait for a new beta.

Thanks,

Lou
        If you send me a personal email, I can shoot a DLL only to you so you can try it out before I make new official (beta) release(s)

Dirk

Comment

Done, let me know if you do not get it.

Comment

Logging Request

When I leave for vacation, I turn off all receptacles that control non essential items. When the plug-in can't communicate with these Sonos Unit it will make multiple Event Log entry every ten seconds. I would like to suppress these redundant entries. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by stevencroll View Post
              When I leave for vacation, I turn off all receptacles that control non essential items. When the plug-in can't communicate with these Sonos Unit it will make multiple Event Log entry every ten seconds. I would like to suppress these redundant entries. Thanks.
              Steven,

do you have the "show failing pings" flag checked in the config page? I yes, turn off. If no, cut/paste the error log here, what exactly are the errors?

Dirk

Comment

Show Failing Pings is Unchecked.

These are the repeating messages:

6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Pool: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E58370C8A01400
                6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Den: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E5836555401400
                6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Family Room: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E5836E86801400
                6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Pool could not be located. Reattempting
                6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Den could not be located. Reattempting
                6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Family Room could not be located. Reattempting

Comment

Originally posted by stevencroll View Post
                  Show Failing Pings is Unchecked.

These are the repeating messages:

6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Pool: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E58370C8A01400
                  6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Den: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E5836555401400
                  6/23/2011 3:31:43 PM SONOSCONTROLLER Connect: Connecting to ZonePlayer - Family Room: UDN = uuid:RINCON_000E5836E86801400
                  6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Pool could not be located. Reattempting
                  6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Den could not be located. Reattempting
                  6/23/2011 3:31:52 PM SONOSCONTROLLER myDeviceFinderCallback_SearchOperationCompleted: ZonePlayer Family Room could not be located. Reattempting
                  Steve,

which OS are you running this on? Which version of the plug-in? I'm a bit surprised the plug-in keeps on re-trying, I changed that whole retry business a while back that once the connection fails, the pings need to succeed first before the plug-in calls the UPNP subsystem to reconnect. If the UPNP subsystem is doing something funky (part of the OS version and patches you have on .NET) that could be an indication where the problem might originate. You have your debug flag off, right? Not using in one of my debug loads, right?

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Dirk,

I'm sending you a pm on this issue.

Thanks for quick response.

Steven

Comment

Steven,

recently posted beta (http://board.homeseer.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=1) should take care of this problem.

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Looks like, after the new update of the Sonos firmware, HSTouch not showing the players when only HS program is restarted.
                        If I restart the computer, they show correctly. I remember there was similar issue last year.

Comment

I would like a player action that unlinks the zone from other zones. If the zone is the master over others, it would have no effect.

Thanks,

Tim

Comment

Originally posted by timlacey View Post
                            I would like a player action that unlinks the zone from other zones. If the zone is the master over others, it would have no effect.

Thanks,

Tim
                            Are you OK with an API rather than action?
                            You could also issue a play command of a short track (or silent) which should accomplish the same.
                            Last edited by dcorsus; November 22, 2011, 12:52 AM. Reason: added second comment

Comment

Thanks,

Tim
                              Tim, will be in the next beta, should be posted this weekend
                              Dirk

Comment

Thanks,

Tim
                                Tim, just posted beta v.69 which includes requested functions.

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                                X