Z-Wave interface being restarted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Wave interface being restarted

I added a second Ztroller to my system to better reach some distant devices. I didn't think to reset it (clean it up) before I started and don't know what was on it, I simply connected it via serial port, added it as Remote Interface 1 and then changed the "Interface to Use" on 8 devices from the Main Interface to the new Remote Interface. I then optimized 4 or 5 times on the devices and then the network. Everything seems to work well and I seem to have good control of my network.

PROBLEM: My ZSeer, which previously showed 95% blue connections, now shows lots of red and yellow lines. I travel a lot and hate to see what appears to be a compromised network. Each time I optimize I get this message in the log for only the devices I moved to the new Remote Interface:

7/13/2013 10:47:23 PM Warning A Z-Wave interface on the system is being restarted - some Z-Wave signals could be missed.
    7/13/2013 10:47:23 PM Warning Unable to optimize node 41, Int Light Master Foyer Lights, there was no indication that the node neighbor update started.
    7/13/2013 10:46:08 PM Z-Wave Instructing node # 41,Int Light Master Foyer Lights, to re-discover its neighbors using interface Den...

Any ideas?
    HS4Pro on Windows 10
    One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
    2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
    300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
    6 CT-100 tstats
    Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
    18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

It's part of a bug with Optimize that immediately hits you in the face when you upgrade to using more than one z-troller. Unfortunately, it's a bug that keeps hitting you in the face every time you Optimize. It was first reported on this forum over 18 months ago, yet remains unfixed.
    Last edited by NeverDie; July 14, 2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Really?? Does it actually effect network reliability, or is it simply a reporting nuisance?
      HS4Pro on Windows 10
      One install with 2 Ethernet Z-nets
      2nd install with 1 Ethernet Z-net
      300 devices, 250 events, 8 scripts
      6 CT-100 tstats
      Serial IT-100 interface to DSC Panel with 8 wired zones
      18 Fortrezz water sensors & two valve controls

Comment

I'm barely half a step ahead of you (http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=161012). Maybe those who have more experience with using multi z-troller configurations can comment?
        Last edited by NeverDie; July 14, 2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X