Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, the need to create virtual devices for everything made me do some well-needed housekeeping: there was frankly quite a hodgepodge of device approaches since installing the BETA versions of the skill. All tidy now.

Let's hope it stays connected. Thanks for all the effort.

Comment

Just a follow up to the registration of the Omni License.

It is listed as an Omni License in the license database.

Tested it today and it works fine.

Thank you Rob and Tyler!!!
      - Pete

Auto mator
      Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
      Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
      HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
      HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Update

Just a quick report to say that after more than 48 hours later: no disconnects, and the response seems quicker overall: no random "hmm, #device isn't responding" from Alexa, only to have it work in a few seconds. Huzzah!

Don't know if this is possible in a future iteration, but I sure would love it if the HAI HiFi2 zones/sources (serially attached to the panel) were recognized by the plugin, as I'm still currently stuck making Omni Buttons in the panel software to access them in Homeseer.

Still, the upgrade seems rock solid so far. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by awvidmer View Post

Don't know if this is possible in a future iteration, but I sure would love it if the HAI HiFi2 zones/sources (serially attached to the panel) were recognized by the plugin, as I'm still currently stuck making Omni Buttons in the panel software to access them in Homeseer.

Where have I heard this before???

Comment

3.0.2.1 installed and running fine so far. Thanks, Rob.

Comment

Ha! Looks like I played a Greatest Hits tune.

I'd be happy with just Zone on/off/volume/sources.
              My setup is a HiFi2 8 zone.

Done by next weekend, maybe? I've got company coming.

Comment

Originally posted by awvidmer View Post
                Hi, Guys:
                Just installed the upgrade in an effort to cure the maddening "no notice" disconnects I've been experiencing, and continue to enjoy Alexa > Homeseer > Omni control of our house.

Everything generally went fine with the install, except for these issues:

1. The new OMNI Buttons now use RUN instead of EXECUTE, which disabled all events in which they were called. Going back through them all was a bit tedious, but fixed things there.

2. Originally, Alexa recognized the HAI Buttons as devices during Discovery, and would operate them without modification (except simplifying the name, perhaps). This is not true with the new OMNI Buttons: Alexa doesn't recognize them. A virtual ON/OFF device must now be created to call the OMNI Button. Eminently workable, and perhaps even organizationally preferable, but a pain nonetheless.

Still, if the mystery disconnect issue is cured, I'm a happy camper.
                Cheers.

--Tony
                Can someone please explain the need for a virtual device? And where you create it. In Homeseer? If so how do you connect it to the Omni plugin?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by avpman View Post
                  Can someone please explain the need for a virtual device? And where you create it. In Homeseer? If so how do you connect it to the Omni plugin?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                  One example I can give is I use a virtual device to control the two ceiling fans on my patio.

From the HS3 home screen, click the green + button near the upper right to create a new device. I called mine "Deck Fans". I put it in floor "Virtual" and room "Devices" just to group all my virtual devices together, but you can use whatever floor and room you want.

Then I created the below event. This way, instead of having to turn on the two fans separately I can simply turn on the virtual device (dimmable) and it will activate both fans.

Besides this, my Echo deals with virtual devices more reliably than anything else. Just check the voice command box when creating the device.
                  Attached Files

Comment

@Rob,

Can I just delete the HAI plugin via the X to delete?

Reason is that I accidently turned them both on yesterday.

If I want to purge the HAI plugin what files should I remove by hand?
                    - Pete

Auto mator
                    Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
                    Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                      @Rob,

Can I just delete the HAI plugin via the X to delete?

Reason is that I accidently turned them both on yesterday.

If I want to purge the HAI plugin what files should I remove by hand?
                      If you want to purge everything:
                      Shutdown and delete both plugins with the red 'X'
                      Manually remove your HAI or OMNI devices in HS3.
                      Manually remove anything with 'HAI' or 'OMNI' in the HS3 and subfolders.
                      Reinstall the OMNI plugin from the Manage Plugins page.

That should get you going...
                      HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
                      54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
                      Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thank you Rob...did the following a few minutes ago.
                        Noticed two sets of variables which I probably created yesterday by accident when I enabled the HAI plugin and the Omni plugin.

1 - disabled new Omni Plugin
                        2 - deleted all or any events associated with the HAI plugin
                        3 - deleted all devices relating to both the HAI and Omni Plugin
                        4 - deleted both plugins with the red X
                        5 - connected to HS3 server via file manager in Linux
                        6 - deleted /HomeSeer/bin/HAI and /HomeSeer/bin/OMNI directories
                        7 - deleted /HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini NOTE: I do not see an OMNI INI file in this directory. (NOTE renamed INI to TXT so I can do a copy and paste here to new Omni setup).
                        8 - deleted /HomeSeer/Data/HAI directory. NOTE: there is nothing in the HAI directory here and there is no OMNI directory under the /Data directory.
                        9 - deleted /HomeSeer/html/images/HAI and /HomeSeer/html/images/OMNI directories
                        10 - deleted /HomeSeer/HAI.Controller.dll
                        11 - deleted /HomeSeer/HAI.Controller.dll
                        12 - deleted /HomeSeer/HSPI_HAI.exe.config and HSPI_HAI.exe is not there.
                        13 - deleted /HomeSeer/
                        14 - deleted /HomeSeer/HSPI_OMNI.exe.config and HSPI_OMNI.exe is not there.
                        15 - deleted /HomeSeer/Uninstall_HSPI_HAI.exe

Note that I only have a /HomeSeer/Logs directory (empty) and not a /HomeSeer/logs directory.
                        16 - shut down Homeseer 3 via GUI
                        Shutting down HomeSeer, you will no longer have access to this page.
                        17 - rebooted the box via SSH

18 - went to HS3 GUI. Found one Omni variable (root device) straggler that I missed, deleted it.
                        19 - went to HS3 GUI / PLUG-INS / Manage / Additional Interfaces / Update listing / Security / put a check box on the Omni Plugin / download and install.
                        20 - saw message ==> Install/Update of package OMNI was successful.
                        21 - see list of plugins with Omni in disabled mode
                        22 - enabled plugin
                        23 - went to configuration. Opened up old HAI ini file saved as a text file. Copied name, ip and keys from that file.
                        24 - while in config directory noticed that plugin created an HAI.ini and HAI.ini.bak file. I left these files alone.
                        25 - entered my data....Name, IP, port and keys and Protocol. NOTE: I wasn't fast enough as a page refresh removed name, IP, port so did it a couple of times.
                        26 - disabled Omni Plugin
                        27 - enabled Omni Plugin
                        28 - went to configuration/panel tab
                        29 - it did not save the panel name or protocol here. I did rename the panel and gave it an Omni name. "Omni-Home"
                        30 - renamed panel to OmniHome (taking the dash out).
                        31 - disabled the Omni Plugin.
                        32 - enabled the Omni Plugin
                        33 - checking on the config / panel tab. This time it saved the name OmniHome and Protocol just fine.
                        34 - on configuration tab changed the logs to OMNI and the images to OMNI as HAI had stuck there.
                        35 - looked at the rest of the tabs and see my zones, units, temp/humidity sensors, areas, output, flags, buttons, user codes, database and thermostat just fine.
                        36 - nothing is enabled at this time and didn't enable anything right now.
                        37 - checking on variables created see the system variables NOTE: battery is zero and DCM is in error right now.
                        38 - see zone variables just fine. (system and zones)
                        Last edited by Pete; August 15, 2017, 11:51 AM.
                        - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Hey Rob, can we safely delete the disabled HAI PI via the "X" once we installed the OMNI PI?

-Travis

Comment

Originally posted by Daweeze View Post
                            Hey Rob, can we safely delete the disabled HAI PI via the "X" once we installed the OMNI PI?

-Travis
                            Yep - there are no issues with doing that. It will remove the HSPI_HAI.exe plugin file.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                              Thank you Rob...did the following a few minutes ago.
                              Noticed two sets of variables which I probably created yesterday by accident when I enabled the HAI plugin and the Omni plugin.

1 - disabled new Omni Plugin
                              2 - deleted all or any events associated with the HAI plugin
                              3 - deleted all devices relating to both the HAI and Omni Plugin
                              4 - deleted both plugins with the red X
                              5 - connected to HS3 server via file manager in Linux
                              6 - deleted /HomeSeer/bin/HAI and /HomeSeer/bin/OMNI directories
                              7 - deleted /HomeSeer/Config/HAI.ini NOTE: I do not see an OMNI INI file in this directory.
                              8 - deleted /HomeSeer/Data/HAI directory. NOTE: there is nothing in the HAI directory here and there is no OMNI directory under the /Data directory.
                              9 -
                              That all looks correct - you should be fine now.

Comment

Thank you Rob!!!

I am running the plugin on the Zee-2 lite HS3 right now.

I want to recreate the mysql database from scratch.

MySQL and old db was named HAI which was running on the big HS3 Pro mothership (which is a LAMP server).

I want to call the DB omni now. Should I follow the old step by step to recreate the DB long math way?

What is the best way to do this?
                                - Pete

Auto mator

Comment

Working...
                                X