query ok, control not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

query ok, control not working

I have two RC80's and two RC100's that I've been using for a few years with HS2 with no major problems. Switching to HS3 I found this Omnistat3 plugin to be superior in design and capability (IMHO) over the Homeseer plugin. Initially I had problems with getting one of the thermostats enrolled but that problem went away. No I can read all four thermostats and I see the Outdoor temperature displayed on all four thermostats so I know the plugin can write to them successfully. The problem is I cannot control any of the parameters. If I change a Cooling Setpoint temp in the GUI it changes but then pops back to the old number a few seconds later. Likewise for changing modes or controlling anything on any of the thermostats. I checked the omnistat3 log and even though I'm changing things in the user interface I so no corresponding traffic go to the stats. I do see a constant stream of group two status requests (as would be expected) and I see each of the thermostats responding with data also. But I see no evidence of commands being sent to the stats corresponding to setting parameters.
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

I checked the omnistat3 log and even though I'm changing things in the user interface I so no corresponding traffic go to the stats. I do see a constant stream of group two status requests (as would be expected) and I see each of the thermostats responding with data also. But I see no evidence of commands being sent to the stats corresponding to setting parameters.
    I will try and set up a test scenario this weekend to replicate your issue. If you could attach your log it would be helpful.

Comment

I've attached the omnistat3 log. Thanks Kirby!
      Attached Files

Comment

Please add Debug to the log and exercise the setpoints/modes etc. and send me the results.
        There is not a log message associated with the set register transmission. Debug has some logging that is written when the various settings are changed.

You might also try disabling the plugin and then re-enabling it.

Comment

Problem solved.... again

I had previously un-installed the plug-in and reinstalled a couple of times and that didn't help. The log I posted was with debug turned on. I then un-installed and installed the HAI Omnistat plugin which worked OK. When you asked for more omnistat3 logs I re-installed and guess what... I can control all my Tstats!
          It seems the rule is that I must try everything I can think of for two or three weeks and then in defeat and frustration post my problem here. Then Kirby offers a suggestion and then the very next thing I try the problem is solved!

Thanks again Kirby! You are not wasting your time. Unfortunately for you, Murphy has made you an integral part of my troubleshooting scenario!

Comment

I'm glad to hear that it is working now. You do seem to have some strange mojo going on with your thermostats and the plugin. I brought up an RC-80 and it worked right away. However, I did find that there are some issues with the logging that I need to address.

Thanks for sticking with the plugin.

Comment

The plot thickens

Got the same problem back again. I was a bit more methodical this time and found that the moment I assign a device code to one of the Omnistat3 parameters it essentially becomes "read only". It doesn't seem to matter what device code I assign, the ability to set the parameter from the user interface (or from scripts) goes away. Conversely if I then clear the Device Code I can then control the parameter again.
              It was handy to assign device codes. Made re-use of my HS2 routines much easier. Any thought Kirby?

Thanks

Comment

Good observation. You made it easy to find the problem. I use the device address to determine which thermostat register to update. For instance, The cool setpoint address looks like this "08_TS_1_CSP". I strip off the CSP part and use this in a switch statement to update the thermostat. When you added a device code, say "B1", it added B1 to the address making it "08_TS_1_CSP-B1". The plugin was trying to match "CSP-B1" which didn't match anything so nothing got updated.

I have attached a version of the plugin that strips off the device code if one exists before trying to make the match . To try it:
                1) Disable the Omnistat 3 plugin.
                2) Copy HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe to another file name.
                3) Unzip the attached file and copy HSPI_OMNISTAT_3.exe to your HomeSeer directory.
                4) Enable the Omnistat 3 plugin.

I'm not going to put this in the updater yet. I want to work on the logging first. Also, a user requested a reset button on the filter days device. I'll add that before putting back in the updater.
                Attached Files

Comment

Great New!

I'll give it a try!
                  Thanks for the quick fix!
                  You are the best!

Comment

It work!

Did a test and got the correct temperature from a "H33" device code!

Thanks Kirby!

Comment

Your Welcome! This would have been really tough to figure out without your analytical skills.

Enjoy!

Comment

I am strangely having a similar issue. I don't have device codes assigned but I am noticing that I can't adjust the setpoints of my thermostats anymore.

All status info works fine and I can adjust hold and fan state. Perhaps I am doing something wrong with setup somewhere? The temperature ranges seem fine and I have "Use Occupancy" turned off.

Comment

Which Devices in particular are you trying to set? Heat Setpoint? Cool Setpoint? Current Setpoint?

Comment

I'm trying to set "Cool Setpoint" and "Current Setpoint". Actually, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be able to set "Current Setpoint" and only tried that when "Cool Setpoint" didn't work.

Comment

The only way I have been able to duplicate it so far is if I turn HOLD on.
                              If your HOLD is off then tell me what model of thermostat you have. If you could post a screen shot of your thermostat devices, that would be helpful.

BTW you can change the setpoint by changing the current setpoint.

Comment

Working...
                              X