Connecting Leopard to SEL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecting Leopard to SEL

I have an existing Leopard setup for years, would like to integrate it with my HS SEL system. I have a usb adapter that I use to access / program the Leopard. When I plug that usb cable into the SEL I see an new USB port available in the plug-in so I assume that is the correct port. But when I active the plugin / reboot the system then open the plugin / configure screen the firmware version etc is blank so I assume it is not seeing the Leopard connection.
    Should this work with the SEL using a USB / serial adapter? Works great when I plug into a computer.
    Thanks!

Originally posted by thutchins View Post
    I have an existing Leopard setup for years, would like to integrate it with my HS SEL system. I have a usb adapter that I use to access / program the Leopard. When I plug that usb cable into the SEL I see an new USB port available in the plug-in so I assume that is the correct port. But when I active the plugin / reboot the system then open the plugin / configure screen the firmware version etc is blank so I assume it is not seeing the Leopard connection.
    Should this work with the SEL using a USB / serial adapter? Works great when I plug into a computer.
    Thanks!
    At this time I don't have an SEL for testing. I have had the plugin running on Debian7 and Centos7 with Ocelots. There may be an incompatibility with that specific version of Linux. Also, I have not tested the plugin with a Leopard but it should work. I don't know of any current users that have a Leopard running either.

You should be getting something like below in the beginning of the log when HS3 starts, can you post that here?

Code:
    Feb-08 4:45:21 PM               Info                  Plugin GTS CPUXA has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:50068 
    Feb-08 4:45:21 PM	     	GTS CPUXA      	GTS CPUXA Plug-in, Version 3.4.0.17 
    Feb-08 4:45:21 PM	     	GTS CPUXA	      Initializing Ocelot on port COM3 
    Feb-08 4:45:22 PM	     	GTS CPUXA      	HSPI_GTS_CPUXA, Discovered Ocelot/Leopard -- Firmware/Rom Vers: 8.31/58 -- App Vers: 3.18 
    Feb-08 4:45:22 PM	     	GTS CPUXA	      Ocelot/Leopard has 1024 IR locations 
    Feb-08 4:45:24 PM	     	GTS CPUXA      	GTS CPUXA, Discovered Unit: SECU16 at address: 1 
    Feb-08 4:45:24 PM	     	GTS CPUXA	      GTS CPUXA, Discovered Unit: SECU16I at address: 2 
    Feb-08 4:45:24 PM	     	GTS CPUXA	      GTS CPUXA, Discovered Unit: SECU16-IR at address: 3 
    Feb-08 4:45:25 PM	     	Plug-In	            Finished initializing plug-in GTS CPUXA
    Let me know

Bruce

Comment

Working...
    X