This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Steps

I got a message that a new HST is available. When I agreed to upgrade it I got a screen if I want to modify, repair or uninstall it. Repair and uninstall obviously don't apply. Modify means selecting different options for custom installations. However, it seems that is what you need to select to upgrade. Usually with upgrades the installer either does an automatic upgrade or asks you to uninstall a previous version first before installing the new version. Of course if you uninstall the program then you can't check for a new version during startup because it has been uninstalled. So the best option is handle upgrades within the upgrader. If that is too complicated then maybe provide a link where the latest version can be downloaded (and keep the registration) or if a licensed HST was uninstalled and a newer version is available then open a website where users can download the latest version (again without having to reactivate it). Just some ideas to make upgrades less confusing/unconventional.
Working...
X