Connection dropping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connection dropping

If you are experiencing a connection drop please make sure you are using the latest firmware for your receiver. There has been reports that the latest firmware fixes some connection dropouts.

Let me know if this helps and if not we will try and get to the bottom of the connection drops
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

I still have the connection dropping. The Denon says I have the latest Firmware. I run a script to disable and re-enable the plugin every couple of hours. I disabled the script for the last few days, as I tried setting the "Number of ping failures" to infinity to see what would happen, but it only goes to 100. It let me put a bunch of 999999's in the box, but apparently 100 is the max. What would happen if the plugin didn't care if there were ping failures? The plugin pinging the Denon I guess? The Denon is there and ready to receive commands I assume. It' the plugin being rebooted which fixes the problem for me. Maybe upon ping failures the plugin just reboots. If I had a way to know when the coms problem occurs, I could more effectively deploy a reboot command or something.

Comment

OK I will take a look again and try and see if anything jumps out at me
      Cheers,
      Bob

Comment

And also, is there a way to send audio to the Denon irregardless of what output is selected for announcements?

Comment

Ok, maybe this is helpful. I keep trying to enable the detailed logging, and see exactly what it says when it goes to sleep, but I'm never able to. The file size gets up to 7-10 Gig before I have to delete the file. It never goes to sleep while detailed logging is enabled, yet it's always asleep when I come home in the evening when the logging is off.

Comment

I noticed and installed the update. I set the ping failure to 9999, and it didn't revert back to 100. I disabled my reboot commands. We'll see how it goes. Setting up the ping failures, it could be nice for the plugin to log the ping failures.

Comment

Try 2.0.49
              There is a new option to log ping failures per receiver
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

Pretty sure i'm having the same issue. I have a brand new SR6013 (Marantz) and the plugin works fine at first, then a few hours later it does nothing. disabling, and re-enabling gets it back up and running for a little bit. I also have the latest firmware from Marantz. I have a Marantz app that always connects without issue (even when the plugin does not connect). Is this an ongoing issue for 2+ years now? or did it ever get resolved and maybe its happening again?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Same issue here with Marantz SR7008 with latest firmware.

Comment

Working...
                  X