www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Plug-ins > Audio / Video and Infra-red (IR) Discussion > AirplaySpeak

AirplaySpeak This plug-in is a Speak Proxy which allows Homeseer to route annoucements to AirPlay capable devices such as an AirPort Express

Old January 9th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Seer Deluxe

Question Airplay speak on Mac OS X?

Any tips on how to get this working? I installed the plug in from the list, but I get the “WARNING: Failed getting InterfaceStatus from AirplaySpeak - the interface was not found in the list of active interfaces, the list may need to be refreshed.”

Can’t do apt-get since OS X, and not sure I should need to since everything needed should be native?

Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old January 10th, 2018, 03:04 AM
Seer Deluxe

The first error I get is that the following library can’t be found:
libavahi-common.so.3

I’m on a Mac, so you’d think this was built in? Do I need to install MacPorts and the avahi module, or is there some easier way to get this working?

Thanks in advance!
Old January 10th, 2018, 09:25 AM
Seer Deluxe

So I installed MacPorts. And I installed the avahi port. And I added the /opt/local/lib to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

Still same error.

Any tips?
Old January 10th, 2018, 11:50 AM

well, Homeseer is not "officially" supported on Mac OS X and I don't believe anyone ever tried to run the AirplaySpeak plugin on this platform.

I think the solution to the first error you see is to use the Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll provided in the windows package instead of the Avahi one and then to add Mono.Zeroconf.Providers.Bonjour.dll.config as explained here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...-mono-zeroconf

but then I guess you will run in other problems like the speak_to_file.sh script not working.