Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Registering my Azure app for OAuth2 with MyHS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Registering my Azure app for OAuth2 with MyHS?

Hi,

I'm working on an Azure app that I'd like to be able to connect to MyHS, authenticated via OAuth2 (vs. passing user/password on the JSON URL). I'm assuming I have to register my app with HomeSeer MyHS somehow to do that and get some specific info to put in my app to handle the authentication process. I'm pretty sure this is what IFTTT does when you connect to HomeSeer via MyHS there. I'm not super familiar with OAuth2 so if I'm not describing it quite right, pls forgive me.

Is there someone I need to contact for this or some sort of documentation or page of how to get this set up?

thx
    XM

Haven't seen an answer for this. Is there a better way to ask the HS support folks this question?

XM

Comment

I don't think it has ever been suggested that MyHS can be used by third party plugin creators in terms of the OAuth process anyway (you can connect to it by plain HTTPS passing the details in the parameters), I've certainly never seen it mentioned. Your best bet is likely to send an email to the support email address and see if they come back to you.

Comment

I think Imperihome uses myhs but spud had to get more info from HST on how to implement. You might send an email to support asking for info for your app.
        HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
        54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
        Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Thanks guys. This isn't a plug-in to HS3 in the traditional sense but something that runs in the Azure cloud that interacts externally through MyHS. I could pass in username/password but I'd rather use something like OAuth2 vs. passing in creds on the URL. I know it is possible as I am pretty sure that is how IFTTT links into MyHS when you connect them.

What is the support email address?

thx
          XM

Comment

Originally posted by XboxMeister View Post

What is the support email address?

thx
            XM
            support@homeseer.com

I'd be interested to see how this pans out.
            HS4Pro on a Raspberry Pi4
            54 Z-Wave Nodes / 21 Zigbee Devices / 108 Events / 767 Devices
            Plugins: Z-Wave / Zigbee Plus / EasyTrigger / AK Weather / OMNI

HSTouch Clients: 1 Android

Comment

Originally posted by rmasonjr View Post
              support@homeseer.com

I'd be interested to see how this pans out.
              Thanks! I will loop back into this thread with the outcome.

-XM

Comment

Working...
              X