www.homeseer.com    

Go Back   HomeSeer Message Board > 3rd Party Plug-Ins/Scripts > Plug-ins by Author > Click Here for List of Author Forums > MCS Plug-Ins and Scripts > mcsMQTT (3P)

mcsMQTT (3P) Discussion of mcsMQTT plug-in

Old Yesterday, 10:26 AM
Seer Master

Just saw this on my Adafruit thought you folks might be interested in. PI powered epaper display with MQTT pushed messages. https://jsutton.co.uk/eink-mqtt-status/
Old Yesterday, 02:42 PM
OverSeer

It is a nice idea for a persistent display. I cannot think of a use I have at this time.

What I am looking for is a small tablet type display with scroll capability such as a Fire that runs an application that does nothing more than display a log received via Wifi. I collect fault information in a central location and have a Windows tray application that I can pop up to observe, but often I forget to look so adequate attention is not given. If the display was always visible then it would be more likely to be seen. I could do smartphone notifications, but immediate attention is often not needed and could be annoying. I have dabbled into doing some Android application, but never really caught onto being effective in that environment, but if something was shrink-wrapped then it would be great.
Old Today, 12:00 AM
Seer Plus

Michael,

I started getting this message today on 2 topics that I was previously receiving just fine. Any Ideas?

Quote:
ProcessMessage ElectricMeter/CurrentSummationDelivered=4.076 Line 0 Value was either too large or too small for an Int32. Service Version: NO_VERSION
Old Today, 01:05 AM
Seer Master

That appeals to the ocd sysadmin in me lol. Honestly my end goal is ambient displays. Simple and aesthetic in different rooms that can push to me what I neeed and offer slight interactivity for things like completing tasks etc, playing media and whatnot. Thinking magic mirror...
Old Today, 06:11 AM
Seer Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael McSharry View Post
It is a nice idea for a persistent display. I cannot think of a use I have at this time.

What I am looking for is a small tablet type display with scroll capability such as a Fire that runs an application that does nothing more than display a log received via Wifi. I collect fault information in a central location and have a Windows tray application that I can pop up to observe, but often I forget to look so adequate attention is not given. If the display was always visible then it would be more likely to be seen. I could do smartphone notifications, but immediate attention is often not needed and could be annoying. I have dabbled into doing some Android application, but never really caught onto being effective in that environment, but if something was shrink-wrapped then it would be great.

Hi Michael,

A new user once posted a question here : https://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=192984 Can this apply to this post (#102)

Or even this app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tdash&hl=en_GB

The developer says it's for advanced users only and won't offer no help. I tried it and found it complicated and you cant change the size of icons (made for small screens).

Thanks man for the good work.

Eman.