Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High processor Usage

Hi,

I'm seeing high processor usage when HS is using lrpspeak, processor will normally sit at an average of 5%. But when HS calls the plugin it spikes to 100% for a short period of time, say 5-6 seconds and then drops, is this normal?

If I control 1 speaker from the HS web pages then it rises by about 30%, which isn't a problem but if I put it in a script with some speaking then I'm seeing the big rise to 100%.
    Lance

What version of the plugin are you using?

I am not seeing that issue here!
    -Larry

A member of "The HA Pioneer Group", MyWebSite

Plugins:
    VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
    Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Lance

Comment

What version of HS are you using? Are you using any events, scripts, or HSP ??? Just trying to get a better picture of what might be interfering.

The plugin uses HS standard plugin template and API calls. It registers as a SpeakProxy and the rest of the plugin is just sending commands to a serial port and then waits for a response, which is limited by milli-seconds and has (3 retry's), which is hard coded into my code. Any time I use this mechanism the code uses standard .NET VB calls to allow other threads or processes to take the CPU while we are waiting on a response. And as I stated earlier, I let it make 3 attempts for less than 100ms and then give up and throw an error.

I have used this version of the plugin for almost a month now with out problems.

IS ANYONE ELSE having this issue as well???
        -Larry

Plugins:
        VWS, AB8SS, lrpSpeak, Calendar, Arduino, Harmony, BlueIris, Sprinklers, ZipBackup...

Hardware:
        Intel NUC8i7BEH1 running Windows 10 Pro headless, HS3 Pro, Plex running on Synology dual High Availability DS-1815+ NAS (24Tb each), Synology Surveillance Station running on DS-416 Slim (8Tb), Samsung SmartThings, Google Home, Alexa, Hubitat Elevation, ZNET, Ubiquiti UniFi Network, Davis Vantage Pro II Weather Station. Whole house speaker system using a couple of AB8SS switches. Vantage Pro II Weather Station, Rain8Net Sprinklers, Hubitat Elevation, Google Home, Alexa, DSC Security System, Ubiquiti UniFi Network.

Comment

Also, could you enable Debug and post a log file? The log file should be located under the HS root Directory in a subdirectory of \Logs and will be named lrpSpeak.log, this will let me know if the plugin is seeing some communication problems or the AB8SS is not responding. I assume you did not see any errors in the HS Log, is that correct?
          -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

HS version is 2.2.0.66 with HSP on a Way 2 Call unit. I have 300 devices running 120 events and probally 50-70 of those events use scripts. Plugins I have installed and configured are ACRF, Active Backup, BLmovies, Doomotion, MLHSplugin, Outgoing Calls, pjc3145a, pcjComfort2, pjcNetwork, pjcOutlook, ROC-Rnd, X10 CM11A.

I will enable the plugin when I get back home and setup the debug log, however I'm not seeing any error's in theHS log.

99% of my scripts are .txt and not .vb if this makes any difference.
            Lance

Comment

Originally posted by lancenorton View Post
              HS version is 2.2.0.66 with HSP on a Way 2 Call unit. I have 300 devices running 120 events and probally 50-70 of those events use scripts. Plugins I have installed and configured are ACRF, Active Backup, BLmovies, Doomotion, MLHSplugin, Outgoing Calls, pjc3145a, pcjComfort2, pjcNetwork, pjcOutlook, ROC-Rnd, X10 CM11A.

I will enable the plugin when I get back home and setup the debug log, however I'm not seeing any error's in theHS log.

99% of my scripts are .txt and not .vb if this makes any difference.
              Thanks for the info...

I was primarily looking for any scripts that are using the lrpSpeak plugin specifically, and if so I would like to understand how they interact.
              -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Larry- Sorry for delay have been called away on business last night and wont be back until late Thursday, I'll post one of my scripts then.

Thanks
                Lance

Comment

Hi - Have just installed the plugin again and have enabled the debug log, the log file attached is after two HS restarts.

HS freezes on startup with processor usage at 100%, have to kill the HS process to get things back. However cant actually start HS to disable the plugin as it doesn't get that far, so I'm having to go back to back up again.

Have also attached a script which uses the plugin, however the lines are currently commented out.
                  Attached Files
                  Lance

Comment

Originally posted by lancenorton View Post
                    Hi - Have just installed the plugin again and have enabled the debug log, the log file attached is after two HS restarts.

HS freezes on startup with processor usage at 100%, have to kill the HS process to get things back. However cant actually start HS to disable the plugin as it doesn't get that far, so I'm having to go back to back up again.

Have also attached a script which uses the plugin, however the lines are currently commented out.
                    Try disabling the Startup and shutdown messages...ie Like "Homeseer is shutting down."

Also, please try this experiment for me substitue your script for this one, and let me know if there is a difference.
                    Attached Files
                    -Larry

Plugins:

Hardware:

Comment

Larry - Sorry for late reply, I wanted to ensure that it wasn't my fault with this high processor so I have let HS run for just over a week now and apart from the reboot last night for the latest windows updates, the machine and HS have been working fine for all that time.

So I'm relatively confident that my installation is reliable and tonight I downloaded the latest version from the updater and have installed and configured.

I have also tried to use your amended script but I get an expected end of statement error in line 20, unfortunately I'm not good enough at scripting to see what this should be.

Anyway I will post what happens.

Thanks
                      Lance

Comment

Working...
                      X