Any way to "Mute"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any way to "Mute"?

So....I really like having the HS voice announcements come over my Google Home device. It lags behind some of my other clients, but it works....

...however..

Is there a way to temporarily suspend it? I have Blade's BLSpeech plug-in, and it has a "Mute" function which stops voice announcements on all my other clients, but Google Home doesn't seem to be honoring this "Mute" command/function.

I saw the "Mute" / "Unmute" function, just wondering if there was a way for it to honor the global "mute" from BLSpeech vs manually adding a mute / unmute command in each event for reach Chromecast/Google Home/Home Mini?

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Mr_Resistor; December 7, 2017, 01:25 AM.
    My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Originally posted by Mr_Resistor View Post
    So....I really like having the HS voice announcements come over my Google Home device. It lags behind some of my other clients, but it works....

...however..

Is there a way to temporarily suspend it? I have Blade's BLSpeech plug-in, and it has a "Mute" function which stops voice announcements on all my other clients, but Google Home doesn't seem to be honoring this "Mute" command/function.

I saw the "Mute" / "Unmute" function, just wondering if there was a way for it to honor the global "mute" from BLSpeech vs manually adding a mute / unmute command in each event for reach Chromecast/Google Home/Home Mini?

Any thoughts?
    There is no way for it to honor the global mute from BLSpeech.
    Using the Mute / Unmute function should work but it will also mute/unmute any music that is streaming to the device, so it may be not what you want. I could add a enable/disable speech proxy for each chromecast to avoid this problem.

Comment

Working...
    X