Ping Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ping Cameras

Can anyone help me with a vb script? I want to ping my outdoor foscam once an hour to see if it is online or offline.

It keeps going out on me (once a week) so only way to fix is reboot. I have a zwave power outlet that will reboot, I just need to find the status.

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by cpearson88 View Post
    Can anyone help me with a vb script? I want to ping my outdoor foscam once an hour to see if it is online or offline.

It keeps going out on me (once a week) so only way to fix is reboot. I have a zwave power outlet that will reboot, I just need to find the status.

Thanks in advance...
    I would highly recommend using Blade's BLLAN plugin to monitor the camera (and any other network or internet addresses). This will create a device for the status of the camera. You can then have an event that restarts the z-wave outlet if the camera has been offline for x seconds/minutes etc. I do this for my last remaining Foscam also!
    cheeryfool

Comment

Originally posted by cheeryfool View Post
      I would highly recommend using Blade's BLLAN plugin to monitor the camera (and any other network or internet addresses). This will create a device for the status of the camera. You can then have an event that restarts the z-wave outlet if the camera has been offline for x seconds/minutes etc. I do this for my last remaining Foscam also!
      Thanks for the reply...

I actually have the blue iris plugin. It monitors the connection as well. But I still may use the BLAN for other things. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Working...
      X