Plug in help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug in help

I've installed the Alexa plug in in HS3 and the Homeseer skill on my Echo and linked my account successfully. However, clicking the "Discover devices" link in the Alexa app returns nothing. And giving Alexa a voice command such as "Alexa, tell Homeseer to turn off <device>" does nothing, Alexa has no idea what I am talking about. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by hojo70; April 8, 2017, 08:52 PM.

I am not sure what plug-in you are talking about, but there are a few setup steps required to make the echo control your lights. First you have to setup your MyHomeseer account (Login and Password) so that Amazon can communicate with HomeSeer and HomeSeer can control your devices. Next you have to login to your Alexa app on your phone at assign the HomeSeer and HomeSeer Home skill to your account. When all is setup properly the Alexa app will display the devices that were discovered on your HomeSeer system. These devices (On/Off/Dim) can be controlled directly by Alexa such as:

"Alexa set Bedroom Lamp to 30%"
    "Alexa turn Bathroom Light Off"

There is also the Jon000 Alexa Helper that simplifies other actions and will even allow nesting of commands.

Hope this helps.
    Bob

Comment

FIXED

Originally posted by Bob_Linux_User View Post
      I am not sure what plug-in you are talking about, but there are a few setup steps required to make the echo control your lights. First you have to setup your MyHomeseer account (Login and Password) so that Amazon can communicate with HomeSeer and HomeSeer can control your devices. Next you have to login to your Alexa app on your phone at assign the HomeSeer and HomeSeer Home skill to your account. When all is setup properly the Alexa app will display the devices that were discovered on your HomeSeer system. These devices (On/Off/Dim) can be controlled directly by Alexa such as:

"Alexa set Bedroom Lamp to 30%"
      "Alexa turn Bathroom Light Off"

There is also the Jon000 Alexa Helper that simplifies other actions and will even allow nesting of commands.

Hope this helps.
      Bob
      Thanks for your quick response, Bob! I figured out that the issue was that my router was blocking Control Port 11000 which the skill discovery service apparently needs to communicate with Homeseer. Once I opened up the port I could see all of my devices and Alexa could then control them.

Comment

I have a Omni Pro ll system and a HS Home Troller Zee S2 with the Omni plug-in. I recently purchased a HS Home Troller Plus, can I use the same license for the HS Home Troller Plus or do I have to purchase a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Buddy View Post
          I have a Omni Pro ll system and a HS Home Troller Zee S2 with the Omni plug-in. I recently purchased a HS Home Troller Plus, can I use the same license for the HS Home Troller Plus or do I have to purchase a new one.
          Each plugin will need it's own license ID but just so you know Alexa integration is built into HS3/4.
          💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X