No announcement yet.

EDS OW-ENV-THPL - Temperature / Humidity / Barometric Pressure & Light Sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm intrigued by the word natural. Just wondering how sensitive the sensor is.

So if you would switch on a light you would see a positive value?

Rg
    Marck

Comment

Hi Ultrajones,

Did you have time to read my previous question?

Thanks

Rg
      Marck

Comment

Originally posted by Marck12 View Post
        I'm intrigued by the word natural. Just wondering how sensitive the sensor is.

So if you would switch on a light you would see a positive value?

Rg
        Marck
        Yes, I can turn on a small lamp and the sensors register about a 2 lux on the other side of the room.

Regards,
        Ultrajones
        Plug-ins: UltraMon, UltraM1G, UltraCID, Ultra1Wire, UltraLog, UltraWeatherBug, UltraPioneerAVR, UltraGCIR

Comment

Great, thank you very much.

Rg
          Marck

Comment

Hi Ultra. I'm using your plug-in with an OW-SERVER. Just added another sensor - OW-ENV-THPL. The plug-in created devices for Temperature, Humidity, Barometric Pressure and Light Lux.

Any chance expanding support for:
            DewPoint
            Humidex
            HeatIndex
            LED State
            Relay State

We'll be using the sensor in a dryer/oast. Would be a great addition.

Comment

Measuring Light level OUTSIDE

I installed one of these sensors in a waterproof box designed to hold cell phones in wet environments. Pelican 1060 Micro Case. It has a clear lid and is very waterproof. I drilled a hole exactly the size of the cable and mounted it outside with this hole facing down. I primarily am using this for outside ambient light measurement and that is working very well. Temperature and pressure also seem to work well but Humidity may not be working as well inside the waterproof box. It is very sensitive. I now have some of my interior motion controlled lights setup so that they do NOT turn on the lights unless it is dark enough outside.

Comment

Searider How has the OW-ENV-THPL held up outdoors? I'm considering a similar installation. Any issues?
                -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
                  Searider How has the OW-ENV-THPL held up outdoors? I'm considering a similar installation. Any issues?
                  Sorry, I did not see this sooner. It has been running continuously for about a year now with ZERO issues. Some things I was concerned about that turned out not be a problem,
                  1. Condensation inside the waterproof box blocking light levels or damage, sensor. This has not been a problem and the box is exposed directly to rain
                  2. Temperature not accurate due to being inside of a closed in box. I put it where it will be in shade all of the time and have not noticed any unusual temp reading.
                  Summary, I use the light levels as the primary driver for many other functions, like when to turn on and off outdoor lighting, when, to use Manual controls or automatic for certain indoor lights (Automatic at night, manual during the day).

Comment

Working...
                  X