Beta version 1.0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta version 1.0.2.2

If no one finds any problems with this build it will go into the updater next week. Please read the changes - there is critical information in here.

Here is the change list since 1.0.1.1 :

1) All received link transmissions can optionally fire a "Device value changed" trigger in HomeSeer. Previously only a link transmission that was different than the last one received would cause the trigger to fire (the true definition of changed, but not all that useful). This could cause problems if you wanted a button on a keypad or switch to fire an event no matter what the previous state was. Now so long as SOMETHING is transmitted on that link you can have an event fire. A condition can be used to check the new state of the link value.

2) The plug-in can now support up to 990 control devices and 990 link devices. Previously there was a limit of 99 devices (one house code) per device class (devces and links). Since each button on a keypad or channel in a lighting controller is a separate HomeSeer device, it wasn't long before some users were running into this limitation.

3) The internal device references and link references no longer use a house code to reference a device (because there can be more than 1 per device class). This means that any existing UPB devices and links *will be upgraded* when this plug-in is first run. Device and event synchronization will be maintained when upgrading, however there is no way for the older versions of the plug-in to recognize these new devices, so reverting back to an old version will cause all devices to be deleted and re-created.

4) Internal link references no longer use any information but the link number to associate the link to the HomeSeer record. This means that you can rename a link in UPStart and the HomeSeer device will just update to the new name. Previously a renamed link would be considered a new link and the old one would be deleted, losing any event connections to the HomeSeer link device.

5) UPStart can be run while HomeSeer is running. Selecting the "Pause plug-in for UPStart session" will cause the plug-in to release the connection to the UPB interface and wait for confirmation that UPStart has been closed. Once you have updated the export file with any changes and shut down UPStart the plug-in will re-import the file and connect back up to the UPB interface.

6) Since I was working on it today anyway I added the option to have additional UPB specific buttons added to the UPB device controls available on the HomeSeer web UI. These are "RLOL", "Blink", "Fade On", "Fade Off", "Stop Fade". RLOL is restore last on level (resume on) and Blink is - well blink the light. RLOR and the fades are of course only available for devices that have dimming support enabled. The plug-in RLOL is designed to only restore the last light level it is aware of, so if you use it when just starting up HomeSeer it will set the level to 100%. Otherwise there would be no way for HomeSeer to stay in sync.

The interface for creating extra buttons on HomeSeer devices was very primitive before build 2066. The plug-in will make "ugly" buttons on earlier builds and if you use anything 2066 or newer you will get nicer buttons.

7) Last but not least the "Fade Stop" command is now supported in the plug-in. This command is rarely transmitted by an HA controller because it is an interactive command that relies on the dimming "speed" of the lighting controllers. If you start a "Fade to Off" command you can issue a "Stop Fade" command to stop it where it is when it gets the command. If the plug-in notices a device receiving a "Fade Stop" the plug-in will auto-poll the device for it's dim level after a second or two because there is no way to directly know were it stopped.

Installation: Shutdown HS. Backup your MDB file and Config directory. Replace your current HSPI_UPB.dll with the file from the attached zip. Restart HS.

Please post any problems here in the forum.

Thanks
    Jon
    Attached Files
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Where?

Originally posted by Oman
    The interface for creating extra buttons on HomeSeer devices was very primitive before build 2066. The plug-in will make "ugly" buttons on earlier builds and if you use anything 2066 or newer you will get nicer buttons.

Jon
    The old HS2 FTP site seems to be inactive. How do I download the HS beta version 2066?
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I don't think it is public yet. I'll post when a 2066 or older build is available. The interface buttons still work on older builds but they are larger and contain the device address ("{3-Blink" instead of "Blink") because of the plug-in interface limitations.

Jon

Originally posted by jasv
      The old HS2 FTP site seems to be inactive. How do I download the HS beta version 2066?
      Jon Ort
      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

BTW, the previous BETA that you sent out for adding the release of the PIM seems to be working. I'm not at home, so I don't know if I have the same one that you just posted.

I've not done extensive testing with it, but several times I have disconnected from it to run UPStart and run into no problems yet.

gk

Comment

Is this version out of beta testing yet?

Comment

Oman, are you here?

Comment

On vacation. There have been a few updates to the SDM but all the issues are not quite resolved yet. When I get back into town I'll see where everything is at.

Jon

Originally posted by DC
              Oman, are you here?
              Jon Ort
              JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

What is the "SDM"?

Comment

Got too many threads going at the same time. Pretend I didn't say that :>

I found some minor problems with the multi-housecode support. That's a real pain in the you-know-what.

Next week I'll be posting a release update to the updater.

Jon

Originally posted by DC
                  What is the "SDM"?
                  Jon Ort
                  JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

Is this new version out of beta testing yet? Have there been enough people testing it to be fairly confident that it's stable? Thanks.

Comment

The only bugs so far have been ones I have found through internal testing, and are unlikely to be found in normal use.

I'll be posting a build to the updater when I get back next week.

Jon

Originally posted by DC
                      Is this new version out of beta testing yet? Have there been enough people testing it to be fairly confident that it's stable? Thanks.
                      Jon Ort
                      JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

The new version is posted to the updater. It has the pause-for-UPStart support, Residential repeater support, some bug fixes, optional UPB specific UI button support, etc.

Jon

Originally posted by Oman
                        The only bugs so far have been ones I have found through internal testing, and are unlikely to be found in normal use.

I'll be posting a build to the updater when I get back next week.

Jon
                        Jon Ort
                        JonOrt@The--Orts.com

Comment

what is residential repeater support? I didn't know UPB repeaters existed.. I thought they all were just passive couplers.

Comment

Working...
                          X