Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with Experience with this switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with Experience with this switch?

http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...8&cat=0&page=1

It's a HAI UPB 600W Dimmer Switch 35A00-1.

The wife is letting me buy a few more switches. I have most of the complex stuff situated lighting wise.

Now I have a few spots where I want to take the more feature-rich SA-UPB switches and swap them out for some "Simple" switches that rely on UPB.

That is, I have 2 US2-40s that I want to put in different areas of the house. Right now they "SNAP" on for a heat lamp in the bathroom and the fan.

If I put these 600W dimmers in and SNAP them on (instead of the relay as they could wake the wife at night) then I can use the more advanced features of the US2-40 with the different face-plates that I have.

I'm also looking at it from a cost standpoint. If I buy the "demo" kit of SA's US2-40s it's 199.95 for 3 (66.65 each). The HAI guys are $60 each. This lets me buy 1 extra Switch and still stay under my "limit". (ok, ok, It's not all her, I only have so much $$ to spend and it comes from e-baying and selling stuff in these forums, so I've only spent enough $$ to cover 4 HAI switches, or the demo kit and have a few bucks left over).

So, anyone who has used these, do they have the same quality "Feel" that the SA switches do? Would you buy them again? I understand I am giving up features for cost (maybe not a fair trade-off cost/features lost), however the places I am putting these switches will ONLY be used as ON/OFF and I am currently "wasting" features in the bathroom where I have 3 US2-40s where I could easily have a simple ON/OFF such as the above HAI switch.

Anogee, anything you can contribute would be appreciated. I think I remember a post somewhere, where you mention you have used the Relay version of this to make a switched outlet.

Thanks!

--Dan
    Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

So far I have purchased a few of the HAI UPB relay switches and they are *horrible* as far as the paddle quality. I don't know if their dimmers are as bad but I would assume that the use the same case and paddle assembly. Any of the other HAI stuff has been decent, I don't understand what is up with the relays?

Jon

Originally posted by drozwood90 View Post
    http://www.automatedoutlet.com/produ...8&cat=0&page=1

It's a HAI UPB 600W Dimmer Switch 35A00-1.

The wife is letting me buy a few more switches. I have most of the complex stuff situated lighting wise.

Now I have a few spots where I want to take the more feature-rich SA-UPB switches and swap them out for some "Simple" switches that rely on UPB.

That is, I have 2 US2-40s that I want to put in different areas of the house. Right now they "SNAP" on for a heat lamp in the bathroom and the fan.

If I put these 600W dimmers in and SNAP them on (instead of the relay as they could wake the wife at night) then I can use the more advanced features of the US2-40 with the different face-plates that I have.

I'm also looking at it from a cost standpoint. If I buy the "demo" kit of SA's US2-40s it's 199.95 for 3 (66.65 each). The HAI guys are $60 each. This lets me buy 1 extra Switch and still stay under my "limit". (ok, ok, It's not all her, I only have so much $$ to spend and it comes from e-baying and selling stuff in these forums, so I've only spent enough $$ to cover 4 HAI switches, or the demo kit and have a few bucks left over).

So, anyone who has used these, do they have the same quality "Feel" that the SA switches do? Would you buy them again? I understand I am giving up features for cost (maybe not a fair trade-off cost/features lost), however the places I am putting these switches will ONLY be used as ON/OFF and I am currently "wasting" features in the bathroom where I have 3 US2-40s where I could easily have a simple ON/OFF such as the above HAI switch.

Anogee, anything you can contribute would be appreciated. I think I remember a post somewhere, where you mention you have used the Relay version of this to make a switched outlet.

Thanks!

--Dan
    Jon Ort
    JonOrt@The--Orts.com
    (Remove the dashes in the address, spam is getting out of hand)

Comment

I have some 15A HAI relay switches and I like the paddle feel, but otherwise, the switches suck. They have a problem in that they reset themselves if they control inductive loads. I can't recommend them.

Comment

Working...
      X