Best UPB Booster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best UPB Booster

I have several switches that have a very low signal. They are on a diffrent phase as my HomeSeer. What is the best booster i can get?

There are no UPB boosters available. How low is the signal across the phases. Anything above 9 should be fine. Do you have a coupler? Have you checked the screws in you breaker box for loose ones? Breakers and Neutral screws.
    Remember, unlike X10s 4 volts, UPB is 40volts and is usually very robust.

Dave

Comment

I think I have a bad switch. I can no longer even see it when it's in setup mode. BTW, I do have a Phase Coupler.

Comment

I have a spot where I have NEVER EVER been able to get X10 signals. I tried EVERYTHING, boosters, couplers, even so far as putting a TM??? X10 receiver on the same circuit (different plug). NO GO.

Put UPB on there, NO coupler, 70% signal strength. Now, with phase coupler, 99%.

FYI

--Dan
        Tasker, to a person who does Homeautomation...is like walking up to a Crack Treatment facility with a truck full of 3lb bags of crack. Then for each person that walks in and out smack them in the face with an open bag.

Comment

Despite what some may say, UPB can have signal problems, even with a signal bridge. I know because I have three of these, yes three, and my signal is still marginal across phases. 8 to 9. If I put the transmitter on the opposite phase, everything reverses. Signal is excellent on that phase, poor on the other. So if anyone made a repeater, I'd buy it, but unfortunatly nobody does. I've also had a bad switch that had very poor reception when switches next to it, in the same box, saw a good signal. So that happens as well.

Comment

I believe historically (mostly from cocoontech), the primary cause for low UPB signals is loose connections. Most people recommend tightening the connections both at the breaker box and wherever you have the low signal.

Comment

All screws have already been tightened in my panel.

Comment

Working...
              X