Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pulseworx KPLD6 Controllers

I am using KPLD6 controllers, but I am having the following two issues:

1) I don't end up with a "UPB Load/Light Controller" type device in Homeseer.

2) I do get "UPB Button Indicator" type devices in Homeseer, but they never change their status to match the actual KPLD indicator.

I have update Homeseer to 1.0.4 and the latest .upe from UpStart.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?

I've not used this device so I can't tell you for sure but it is odd that you didn't get one UPB load controller for the load the keypad can control, unless it's doing it via links but that doesn't seem right to me.

Is it possible you have an older version of upstart that is not completely recognizing that device?
    Marty
    ------
    XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2
    Playing with HS3 a bit but it's just play at this point.

Comment

I rechecked, I do get all the correct UPB Links and Indicators, but I did not get any Controllers for the KPLD devices.

I did download the latest UPStart software before I started adding the KPLD devices.

My assumption is that the UPB plugin is treating the KPLD like a KPCW which doesn't have the ability to control a device.

Is there anything I can look for in the .upe, or add to it?

Thanks

Comment

Not as far as I know there isn't.

I do know that Omen is working on the plug-in now and hopefully he will see this so it can be included in the updates he is having to make for some of the newer dual load devices that have been released since the plug-in was written.

To my way of thinking if a device can directly control a load the HomeSeer plug-in should create a UPB load/light controller for it based on the exported upe file from Upstart.
        Marty
        ------
        XPpro SP3 /w HS Standard 2.5.0.80, HSTouch Server - 1.0.0.70, HSTouch Client 1.0.0.73 HSTouch Android - 1.0.0.2, HSTouch iPhone - 1.0.0.2

Comment

Originally posted by jdklem View Post
          I am using KPLD6 controllers, but I am having the following two issues:

1) I don't end up with a "UPB Load/Light Controller" type device in Homeseer.

2) I do get "UPB Button Indicator" type devices in Homeseer, but they never change their status to match the actual KPLD indicator.

I have update Homeseer to 1.0.4 and the latest .upe from UpStart.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong?
          Is this going to be fixed? I have a couple of KPLD8 controllers that are exhibiting the same issues under HomeSeer. I am using 1.0.3.0 of the UPB plug-in with HS 2.5.0.23.

Comment

At some point they're going to have to update this plug-in. As new devices get released the plug-in doesn't know what to do with them. Omen did update it some to get a few of the dual load devices entered and get them working, not 100% but enough that I stopped bugging them about it. Who knows maybe it's slated for HS3 like everything else, except Zwave of course.
            Marty
            ------

Comment

I just installed 3 of the 6-button keypads with load control, and was puzzled by the same thing.

I'm also unclear about the setup of the device in UPSTART. It looks like the only way to control the load attached to the keypad is through links. For instance, I see no way to control the attached device if no link is assigned to a button, even the On and Off buttons.

Am I missing something there, or is HS just reflecting the fact that loads attached to the keypad must be controlled exclusively through links?
              Mike____________________________________________________________ __________________
              HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.548, NUC i3

HW: Stargate | NX8e | CAV6.6 | Squeezebox | PCS | WGL 800RF | RFXCOM | Vantage Pro | Green-Eye | Edgeport/8 | Way2Call | Ecobee3 | EtherRain | Ubiquiti

Comment

Working...
              X