1.0.2.5 Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.0.2.5 Error

This error started showing up between 1.0.2.2 and 1.0.2.5 during initialization...
    Went back to 1.0.2.2 and its gone...

You can't fault Microsoft for making their error messages descriptive.

11/14/2006 5:28:14 PM - Error - Initializing interface: UPB->System.MissingMemberException: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'SetDeviceStatus' accepts this number of arguments. at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.OverloadResolution.Re solveOverloadedCall(String MethodName, MemberInfo[] Members, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, BindingFlags LookupFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.Resolv eCall(Container BaseReference, String MethodName, MemberInfo[] Members, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, BindingFlags LookupFlags, Boolean ReportErrors, ResolutionFailure& Failure) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean OptimisticSet, Boolean RValueBase, CallType CallType) at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateSe t(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments) at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.ResetKeypadDevices() at HSPI_UPB.HSPI.InitIO(Int64 Port)

I have the same error

I have the same error message showing up. UPB seems to still work, so I've ignored it.
    James

Running HS 3 on Win10 .

Comment

I have never seen such errors with 1.0.2.5. Have run that version with HS 2.1.130 (I think), 2.1.143, and 2.1.151.

BTW, trial ran out and started to write my own and then decided to just "pay the man".
      Last edited by Jim Doolittle; November 15, 2006, 10:15 AM.
      Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
      My Hardware & Software

Comment

Where do you get 1.0.2.5?

What has changed since 1.0.2.2?

Comment

1.0.2.5 is in the updater.

Comment

OK, I found it in the updater but I can't find anything about what has changed. Is that information available somewhere?

Comment

is that error related to my error?
              http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=116377

Comment

Probably same error. So that clears it up. Between 1.0.2.4 and 1.0.2.5 an error was added that everyone except Jim receives.

Comment

Well, my set up is listed in the link in my sig if that helps. One thing that I can mention is that 1.0.2.5 is my first and only install of the UPB Plug-In.

The report error may seem somewhat cryptic but should shed some light on the problem. It seems to say that HS is having a problem with the plug-in rather than an error being reported by the plug-in itself.

These very helpful MS messages can be trapped and another message such as "Oops" could be displayed but that requires making sure that there are traps almost everywhere.
                  Jim Doolittle

My Twitter
                  My Hardware & Software

Comment

Working...
                  X