mini split control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mini-Splits

Just recently ( as in 2 days ago ) installed a Fujitsu mini-split system in my home, from all the information I could find on the web, they are a very good unit. So quiet & efficient.

Found this thread & have given it a read from all the way back in the beginning. I have that deer in the headlights look from some of the post by Christopher ??? LOL

So where would I start to add this to HS ? I have no IR hardware or control plugins at this time for any HVAC systems, so I would be building this from the ground up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ,,,

Comment

fujitsu does have a wired control port on most of their split package systems... there is a company.. ACC I think? that makes a PC based controller for those units.. I only noticed when I was working with my mini's to control them, only to find that my units were not fujitsu therefore not supported.. thus why I went and did my own thing..

any minisplit that has a wired controller port usually uses a single wire for comms.. and a propreitery protocol.. often very similar to the protocol output by the Infrared remote...

using IR to control them is probably the easiest (unless the PC controller is cost effective, then you can make a plugin to homeseer)....

the IR codes for air conditioners typically are very long codes. that things like the common IR software .. or the Ocelot controllers cannot handle.. the global cache GC-100 can do it... and there is a Homeseer plugin for it.. I have done this route before and it did work, although there is no feedback to know that the A/C did what you told it, i always sent the commands twice...

the fujitsu units themselves are a great unit. efficient , quet and reliable.. I like them.. ive installed a few of them for people...
      PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

Hello Guys,

I found this product here:

http://www.remotec.com.hk/zaspx/prod...utno=45&main=f

It joins the Z-wave mesh as a Thermostat in Homeseer:

<table cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" border="1"> <tbody><tr> <td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Reference ID</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">8907</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">Status</td> <td colspan="9" class="tableroweven" align="left">17 = Unknown</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Value</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">0 </td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">StringSupports Status</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">True</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">Dimmable</td> <td colspan="9" class="tableroweven" align="left">False</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Misc IO Settings</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">1</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">Misc Settings</td> <td colspan="9" class="tableroweven" align="left">Status Only, Z-Wave Node</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Assoc Devices</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Termostato Sala Termostato Battery, Termostato Sala Termostato</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tableroweven" align="left">Sensor Type/SubType</td> <td colspan="9" class="tableroweven" align="left">0 / -1</td> </tr> <tr> <td colspan="1" class="tablerowodd" align="left">Instance or Endpoint</td> <td colspan="9" class="tablerowodd" align="left">0</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
        It works great for controlling mini-splits.

Hope I could help.

Thank you!

Comment

Any more info or updates?

Getting bids for a mini-split in a sunroom. HVAC guys don't get it, I won't spend $3K for a unit and lie in bed wondering "Did we turn it off?" HS user since 1998, there has got to be a way. All comments on unit selection, ideas, suggestions Welcome! TIA.

Comment

riguti, that link appears to be broken. Can you give some more information on what you found?
            HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
            Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
            Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
            Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

ok, got the link to work, but I'm not sure I completely understand what this thing does. Does it emulate the IR remote control of a mini-split? Can setpoints and mode be set directly from HS like any other thermostat?

I was also trying to figure out where to get it and coming up blank. Any suggestions?
              HS Pro 3.0 | Linux Ubuntu 16.04 x64 virtualized under Proxmox (KVM)
              Hardware: Z-NET - W800 Serial - Digi PortServer TS/8 and TS/16 serial to Ethernet - Insteon PLM - RFXCOM - X10 Wireless
              Plugins: HSTouch iOS and Android, RFXCOM, BlueIris, BLLock, BLDSC, BLRF, Insteon PLM (MNSandler), Device History, Ecobee, BLRing, Kodi, UltraWeatherWU3
              Second home: Zee S2 with Z-Wave, CT101 Z-Wave Thermostat, Aeotec Z-Wave microswitches, HSM200 occupancy sensor, Ecolink Z-Wave door sensors, STI Driveway Monitor interfaced to Zee S2 GPIO pins.

Comment

@reidfo: yes that device emulates the IR commands for the unit and converts to Zwave.. that device comes from hong kong you might be able to get it through alibaba or contact the company directly and see if they will sell you one.. ive had pretty good luck buying one or 2 piece lots from china and japan as evaluation units.....

you can also likely use a global cache to do it too.. but some backend software might help out in building the complex IR commands A/C units use...

Fujitsu and mitsubishi offer PC interfaces (at a LARGE cost) for their units to network them together... I dont believe Grunaire (the ones I have) still ship their units with the wired-control provision or I would just give you the software and the plans to build the boards I made for mine..
                -Christopher
                PerfecTemp - the Most advanced HVAC system I've ever Built - and its in my House

Comment

I put a YMGI (Sanyo Compressor) mini split into my hangar for both heating and cooling; but would like to monitor & control it from home (4 miles away).

The YMGI literature implies an optional 'wall' thermostat but I cannot find any information on it at all, or the interface. Trying to communicate with YMGI gets ignored. Messaging to caddilackid on this board & others, so far ignorred.

Does anyone have any information on the YMGI 'wall' thermostat and it's interface that they would be willing to share?

Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayhawk View Post
                    I put a YMGI (Sanyo Compressor) mini split into my hangar for both heating and cooling; but would like to monitor & control it from home (4 miles away).

The YMGI literature implies an optional 'wall' thermostat but I cannot find any information on it at all, or the interface. Trying to communicate with YMGI gets ignored. Messaging to caddilackid on this board & others, so far ignorred.

Does anyone have any information on the YMGI 'wall' thermostat and it's interface that they would be willing to share?

Thank You.
                    Bump, anyone out there???????????????

Comment

Another bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayhawk View Post
                        Another bump.
                        I use a Global Cache iTach to emulate the IR. My Amcoreaire unit remote transmits a full set of setting data even when you just raise or lower the temp. So for now I just set up a few data packets that cover most of my needs from homeseer. I basically use about 12 preset data packets.

Comment

Working...
                        X