Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CT30 Z-Wave Thermostat - Not "Staying Awake" - Fixed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you are correct Rich, I don't have any additional beaming modules. the ztroller is in the basement, on the first floor is one stat, second floor is the second stat. That also explains why last night I extended the serial cable to be more in the middle of the basement it started to work.

so I look at some of the modules which support beaming. I did not see that listed (or missed it) in your products.

Comment

The following products support beaming now:

* All Jasco products in our store
      * All ACT products ZRP100 and ZDP100

Go to our store and do a search on "beaming", I have updated the descriptions to note which devices support beaming. Note that we carry only the latest products, so there may be older versions of these same products elsewhere that do not have the beaming support.

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
      you are correct Rich, I don't have any additional beaming modules. the ztroller is in the basement, on the first floor is one stat, second floor is the second stat. That also explains why last night I extended the serial cable to be more in the middle of the basement it started to work.

so I look at some of the modules which support beaming. I did not see that listed (or missed it) in your products.
      💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rich, going shopping

Comment

Originally posted by rjh View Post
          Remember, these use beaming, so if the stat is far from the controller commands may need to route. If you don't have a beaming compatible module between the controller and the stat, communications may be unreliable. To see if you have any beaming modules or switches, look at your node info screen in HomeSeer and look for "(Beam 1000)" in the listener column.
          Mine is about 10 feet from the z-troller, albeit on the other side of a frame wall. If I can send and receive other .GetXXX and .Setxxx commands just fine, why does .GetCurrentMode not work, and why is the addin-in's status page and buttons working for everything but "Mode State?"

Are you saying that I need a beaming device, in addition to the Z-troller, if the CT30 is already communicating with the z-troller, or only if it is out of range?

Comment

What ver of HS do you have? I have 2.5.0.1 and I don't see any problem controlling or getting status from my 2gig thermostat. Are you seeing errors in the log? If you are getting errors, then I suspect a communication issue. Also, which Z-Wave interface are you using? I am using a Z-Troller. My stat is about 10 feet or so from the Z-Troller, but 3 walls away.

Lots of variables when talking RF communications, but errors in the log point to unreliable communications.

Originally posted by 1619Farm View Post
            Mine is about 10 feet from the z-troller, albeit on the other side of a frame wall. If I can send and receive other .GetXXX and .Setxxx commands just fine, why does .GetCurrentMode not work, and why is the addin-in's status page and buttons working for everything but "Mode State?"

Are you saying that I need a beaming device, in addition to the Z-troller, if the CT30 is already communicating with the z-troller, or only if it is out of range?

Comment

@rjh, are you sure your ModeState updates correctly? I contacted RadioThermostat (the OEM behind this CT-30 2GIG, who also make a wifi version that sells at Home Depot for $99 under a different branding) about this very issue, and they said they do NOT support updates to this variable over z-wave. See this pointer to the posting: http://forums.radiothermostat.com/vi...php?f=11&t=140

I'd love for that to be inaccurate information, but I haven't been able to get that variable to update using my z-wave controller either.

Comment

I was having issues like yours too. one thing that did help was to move the ztroller away from the computer. Last night I move it closer to the center of the basement and now I am getting a better response over all.

you maybe having EMI issues. I think that was mine.

Originally posted by 1619Farm View Post

Comment

I just tested it here, and it works ok. It reports that it DOES support the mode state command. I set it to heat mode, and it reported heat, I then turned down the setpoint and it reported idle.

It does not support the Fan State though. HS is reporting this when it should not. I put in a fix so the status page will not display the fan state.

Originally posted by veezer View Post
                  @rjh, are you sure your ModeState updates correctly? I contacted RadioThermostat (the OEM behind this CT-30 2GIG, who also make a wifi version that sells at Home Depot for $99 under a different branding) about this very issue, and they said they do NOT support updates to this variable over z-wave. See this pointer to the posting: http://forums.radiothermostat.com/vi...php?f=11&t=140

I'd love for that to be inaccurate information, but I haven't been able to get that variable to update using my z-wave controller either.

Comment

Go to our store and do a search on "beaming", I have updated the descriptions to note which devices support beaming. Note that we carry only the latest products, so there may be older versions of these same products elsewhere that do not have the beaming support.
                    Can you update the ones that support instant status as well?
                    HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435 (Windows Server 8.1 on ESXi box)

Plug-Ins Enabled:
                    Z-Wave:,RaspberryIO:,AirplaySpeak:,Ecobee:,
                    weatherXML:,JowiHue:,APCUPSD:,PHLocation:,Chromecast:,EasyTr igger:

Comment

What ver of HS do you have? I have 2.5.0.1 and I don't see any problem controlling or getting status from my 2gig thermostat. Are you seeing errors in the log? If you are getting errors, then I suspect a communication issue. Also, which Z-Wave interface are you using? I am using a Z-Troller. My stat is about 10 feet or so from the Z-Troller, but 3 walls away.

Lots of variables when talking RF communications, but errors in the log point to unreliable communications.
                      HS 2.5.0.1, z-troller 1.15. One frame wall and about 10 feet between z-troller and CT30.

I have received no errors from the CT30. When I turn on the debug, I get the output below. I notice that there is no CMD= for ModeCurrent, only for ModeOperating, which is a different property.

Log:

12/9/2010 2:15:14 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In Poll: Time: 12/9/2010 2:15:14 PM
                      12/9/2010 2:15:14 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=Temp G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1
                      12/9/2010 2:15:14 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 31-4 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x31(O=0x31)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM Device Update Device: Shop Barn 1st Shop Temperature value set to 46 (4600/F)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 31-5-1-2A-1-CC-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=31-5-1-2A-1-CC-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 49
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=46
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=Setpoint G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1
                      12/9/2010 2:15:15 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 43-2-1 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x43(O=0x43)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 43-3-1-9-2A-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=43-3-1-9-2A-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 67
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=42
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=Setpoint G/S=True VAL= SPNum=2
                      12/9/2010 2:15:17 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 43-2-2 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x43(O=0x43)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 43-3-2-9-3B-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=43-3-2-9-3B-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 67
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=59
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=ModeSet G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1
                      12/9/2010 2:15:19 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 40-2 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x40(O=0x40)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 40-3-1-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=40-3-1-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 64
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=ModeOperating G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1
                      12/9/2010 2:15:21 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 42-2 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x42(O=0x42)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 42-3-1-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=42-3-1-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 66
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering SendCMD: CMD=FanSet G/S=True VAL= SPNum=1
                      12/9/2010 2:15:23 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Sending ZWave Command: 44-2 to Thermostat at ZWaveID: 50, Looking for 0x44(O=0x44)
                      12/9/2010 2:15:25 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Received return: 44-3-0-0-0 from thermostat at ID: 50
                      12/9/2010 2:15:25 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG Entering ProcessCMD, CMD=44-3-0-0-0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:25 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD, Property= 68
                      12/9/2010 2:15:25 PM ZWave Thermostats DEBUG In ProcessCMD: Value=0
                      12/9/2010 2:15:28 PM Network Remote client disconnected
                      Last edited by ; December 9, 2010, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Rich
                        got the ZRP 100 in and it status does not show beam1000

43 1st Floor Living Room Table Lamp 0:5:00 ACT 5250 H 3030 H True 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 4.10 Excellent (8) 40.0Kbps Basic: SLAVE
                        Generic: SWITCH BINARY

Comment

Originally posted by wpiman View Post
                          Can you update the ones that support instant status as well?
                          Instant status is in our light switch matrix:

http://store.homeseer.com/store/Home...ix-W16C64.aspx

Pluse, all Leviton plug in modules support instant status.

Comment

It says it has firmware 5.02 so it supports beamin. I'll have to see why our sw is not labeling it as such.

Originally posted by GaryDN View Post
                            Rich
                            got the ZRP 100 in and it status does not show beam1000

43 1st Floor Living Room Table Lamp 0:5:00 ACT 5250 H 3030 H True 2.78 (ZDK Version 5.02 Patch 3) App: 4.10 Excellent (8) 40.0Kbps Basic: SLAVE
                            Generic: SWITCH BINARY

Comment

I just tested it here, and it works ok. It reports that it DOES support the mode state command. I set it to heat mode, and it reported heat, I then turned down the setpoint and it reported idle.

It does not support the Fan State though. HS is reporting this when it should not. I put in a fix so the status page will not display the fan state.

I followed the link to the manufacturer's message board provided by veezer. The Radio Thermostat employee that posted in that thread states definatively that the CT30 z-wave module does not report the mode state. He wrote something about them having to reduce functionality to increase battery life.

This makes no sense -- what good is a remote controlled thermostat if it won't tell you if it has flipped the heating or colling relays or not when polled? I guess the only thing worse is that it tells you the wrong thing -- oh wait, that's what it is doing now...

Comment

I too see the Mode State "sticky"...tried cooling and heating and it can take up to five minutes sometimes to get the Mode State to catch up with reality...I do polling every 60 seconds and have the thermostat 10' away from Z-stick see the two screenshots ...these after many minutes after changing the setpoint (and yes I did do multiple pollings of tstat
                                DINING_ROOM TSTAT_DININGROOM2

[/SIZE][/B]<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black thin solid; BORDER-LEFT: black thin solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f5f5; BORDER-TOP: black thin solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black thin solid" id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #00ccff; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: thin; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: thin" rowSpan=6 text-align: center; border-right-width: border-right-color: black; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-color: black;?>66.0</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Heat Setpoint:</TD><TD id=Td2><INPUT class=formtext value=65 size=6 name=HeatSet dpieagent_iecontroltype="2"> </TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px" id=Td1><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Set Heat Setpoint" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonSetHeat> </TD></TR><TR></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Fan Mode:</TD><TD>Auto</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Fan On" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonFanOn> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Fan Auto" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonFanAuto> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Fan State:</TD><TD>Idle</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Mode:</TD><TD noWrap>Heat</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Heat alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeHeat> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Cool alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeCool> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Off alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeOff>
                                </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Mode State:</TD><TD>Heating</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: black thin solid"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: black thin solid" colSpan=2> </TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px; BORDER-TOP: black thin solid; align: right"><INPUT style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, Verdana, HandelGothic, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: url(/images/HomeSeer/5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif) repeat-x; FLOAT: right; COLOR: navy; FONT-SIZE: 6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0px" value=Update type=submit name=poll> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=4>Last Command Successful<INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=LabelNumber></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                                <INPUT value=ZWStat_status type=hidden name=ref_page>
                                DINING_ROOM TSTAT_DININGROOM2
                                <TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM: black thin solid; BORDER-LEFT: black thin solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f5f5f5; BORDER-TOP: black thin solid; BORDER-RIGHT: black thin solid" id=Table1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #00ccff; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: black; BORDER-TOP-WIDTH: thin; VERTICAL-ALIGN: middle; BORDER-LEFT-WIDTH: thin" rowSpan=6 text-align: center; border-right-width: border-right-color: black; border-bottom-width: thin; border-bottom-color: black;?>66.0</TD><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid; FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Heat Setpoint:</TD><TD id=Td2><INPUT class=formtext value=67 size=6 name=HeatSet dpieagent_iecontroltype="2"> </TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px" id=Td1><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Set Heat Setpoint" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonSetHeat> </TD></TR><TR></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Fan Mode:</TD><TD>Auto</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Fan On" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonFanOn> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value="Fan Auto" alt="" type=submit name=ButtonFanAuto> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Fan State:</TD><TD>Idle</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Mode:</TD><TD noWrap>Heat</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"><INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Heat alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeHeat> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Cool alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeCool> <INPUT class=linkrowbuttonplugin value=Off alt="" type=submit name=ButtonModeOff>
                                </TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-LEFT: thin solid">Mode State:</TD><TD>Idle</TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px"></TD></TR><TR><TD style="BORDER-TOP: black thin solid"> </TD><TD style="BORDER-TOP: black thin solid" colSpan=2> </TD><TD style="WIDTH: 400px; BORDER-TOP: black thin solid; align: right"><INPUT style="PADDING-BOTTOM: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 0px; PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma, Verdana, HandelGothic, sans-serif; BACKGROUND: url(/images/HomeSeer/5-x-5_trans_spacer.gif) repeat-x; FLOAT: right; COLOR: navy; FONT-SIZE: 6pt; PADDING-TOP: 0px" value=Update type=submit name=poll> </TD></TR><TR><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=4>Last Command Successful<INPUT value=1 type=hidden name=LabelNumber></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><INPUT value=ZWStat_status type=hidden name=ref_page>
                                Last edited by Rupp; December 14, 2010, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X