Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can confirm the above

Comment

I just realized I should clarify - when I refer to not being able to change the setpoint in HS Touch, I'm referring to the Climate page on my iPhone HS Touch. I don't know if it works on other devices...

Paul

Comment

Strangly, after a few resets, suddenly it's possible to set the cool and heat setpoints on HS touch albeit indeed only at in/decrements of 1 degree.
        but there are a few other bugs:
        1) manual changes on the ct30 itself are not reported back to homeseer i.e. they are not synchronized.
        2)after a reset/restart of homeseer the cool setpoint is always set to 0 degrees i.e. it is not read back from the CT30 correctly
        3) the min/max for F/C table in the thermostat.ini is not taken in account, ie it only looks at the F value,only after changing this table it is possible to script values below 40 degrees (essential if you don't want to be cooked ;-) )
        (what is the use of this table anyway ?)
        4) In HStouch Designer , setting the setpoint with a button is still only possible with the min/max values for Fahrenheit , not the "new" min/max values for Celcius
        edit 2) solved , after changing the min / max values for Fahrenheit in "logical values" voor Celcius, both setpoints, cool and heat , can be set and are displayed correctly
        @Paul, this should solve your problem too
        Last edited by ceesmf; July 22, 2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Hmmm.... tried stopping starting Homeseer, rebooting a couple of times, no joy. still can't change setpoint from within HS Touch.

I don't appear to have a thermostat.ini file anywhere in my HSPro directory or subdirectories....

Paul

Comment

Further to my earlier message about the Thermostat device showing 1 decimal place - when I look at the Thermostat Root device, the current temp is shown to one decimal place, but the set point is shown rounded - ie. Currently my thermostat is set to 21.5 C for a setpoint, but my Thermostat Root device shows the Temp as 21.9, and the setpoint as 22....

Comment

One more addition - I just noticed that HS Touch, in the Climate page, is rounding down always - Current temperature - 21.9. CT30 shows on it's display - 22. HS Touch - 21. (the CT30 rounds to 1/2 a degree).

Comment

@Paul
                The exact name of the ini file is "ZWAVE Thermostats.ini" and should be in your config subdirectory
                I think it is installed at the initial homeseer install
                I changed it to this: (obv. only the first two values are taken in account)

[Settings]
                gAbsMinTempF=10
                gAbsMaxTempF=50
                gAbsMinTempC=10
                gAbsMaxTempC=50
                gDebug=True
                gZWErrorsDisabled=False

Comment

Nope, no file by that name. I also did a search in all the files in the Config subdir for gAbsMinTempF and found nothing...

Comment

@Paul
                    Found out the file is created or altered when you run the config from the setup ... interfaces tab ... zwave thermostat status.
                    Besides that, you can easily create it yourself, just copy/paste in a text editor and save with the correct name in the config folder

Comment

Ok, found out why I couldn't find the ini file - the Zwave Thermostat plugin was disabled - I never enabled it because my understanding was that with current versions of HS the Zwave thermostat stuff was built in, and indeed it's been working (with the above exceptions in mind) without the plugin enabled.

I enabled the pluging, altered the config, and indeed the ini file appeared. However appropriately doctoring the F side of things as you suggested didn't help - I still can't set my setpoint from HS Touch on my iPhone...

Comment

Hey Rich, just a quick check - is there a safe way to back-out to 2.5.0.23? I'd rather have my setpoint showing in F and be able to change it than C and not be able to...

thanks!
                        Paul

Comment

@Paul
                          Im not able to set a setpoint either but when I run the iphone client as a windows client(deployed as a windowsclient), with no changes, I can. It also is not possible as an android client; so this must be a hs-touch bug; all setpoint commands, heat-, cool- en incr/decrease dont work but on/off/cool/heat works
                          Setting the setpoints on the plug-in webpage does however work and setting the setpoint via an event isn't a poblem either

Comment

Indeed, from a web browser I can, but I do most of my control from my iPhone, so I'd rather back-out to .23 until this is fixed....

Comment

Try this build, it fixes the min/max issues:

ftp://homeseer.com/pub/HomeSeerUpdateHSPRO2_5_0_29.exe
                              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Hi Rich, sorry, didn't work. I still can't change setpoints from the Climate screen on my iPhone when in Celsius. Just to double check, I changed to F, restarted HS, and was still successful in changing the setpoint while in F. Then I changed back to C, restarted, and setpoint changes stopped working from my iphone again.

Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X