Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dropbox authorization problem

I tried to link the app to my Dropbox and got the following error:

Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode
    HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Originally posted by travisdh View Post
    I tried to link the app to my Dropbox and got the following error:

Only a limited set of users can receive access tokens while this app is in development mode
    sorry for that, the dropbox app was configured as development mode for me only. I have now enabled additional users so please try again. Delete your IFTTT.ini, restart the plugin, and try the dropbox authorization again.

Comment

Perfect , Have authorized the account and will have a play with it now.
      HS3 PRO, Win10, WeatherXML, HSTouch, Pushover, UltraGCIR, Heaps of Jon00 Plugins, Just sold and about to move so very slim system.

Facebook | Twitter | Flickr | Google+ | Website | YouTube

Comment

I am having trouble authorizing. I get the message : the session has timed out and return to the app and try again. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by kff View Post
          I am having trouble authorizing. I get the message : the session has timed out and return to the app and try again. Any ideas?
          where do you see this message?
          did you see the dropbox authorization page like in the user guide: http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=166058

could you try to restart from scratch: delete your IFTTT.ini then restart the plugin and do the authorization again

Comment

I don't have a ifttt.ini file to delete. I found this suggestion in the forums and went looking for it several times. picture attached of error message.
            Attached Files

Comment

in Dropbox settings > security tab > apps linked, make sure you don't have HSPI_IFTTT already linked

then restart the plugin go to the config page, set the log level to debug, then click the dropbox authorization button and try to authorize again.

post your logs if it is still not working

the ifttt.ini is supposed to be in the Config folder, but it's possible it has not been created yet. as sson as you change the log level to debug you should see it.

also what version of the plugin are you running? and on windows or Linux?

I just tested it again on my system and it worked fine.

Comment

once I turned the log level to debug and authorized everything went fine. this is a windows install with latest .11 version

Comment

Hi I try to autorize the plug-in but can not get it to work. I have the plug-in in HS3Pro Linux. Used it before in a Windows version.

Activated debug.
                  Get
                  Code:
                  [COLOR=#000000]Jan-13 16:01:44 [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000]   [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] DEBUG   at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in :0    at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetAccessToken () [0x00000] in :0    at HSPI_IFTTT.IFTTTApp.SaveDropboxAccessToken () [0x00000] in :0  [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] Jan-13 16:01:44 [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000]   [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown. [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] Jan-13 15:59:36 [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000]   [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown. [/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by nl_user View Post
                    Hi I try to autorize the plug-in but can not get it to work. I have the plug-in in HS3Pro Linux. Used it before in a Windows version.

Activated debug.
                    Get
                    Code:
                    [COLOR=#000000]Jan-13 16:01:44 [/COLOR]    [COLOR=#000000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#000000] DEBUG   at DropNet.DropNetClient.Execute (ApiType apiType, IRestRequest request) [0x00000] in :0    at DropNet.DropNetClient.GetAccessToken () [0x00000] in :0    at HSPI_IFTTT.IFTTTApp.SaveDropboxAccessToken () [0x00000] in :0  [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] Jan-13 16:01:44 [/COLOR]    [COLOR=#FF0000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown. [/COLOR]      [COLOR=#FF0000] Jan-13 15:59:36 [/COLOR]    [COLOR=#FF0000] IFTTT [/COLOR]  [COLOR=#FF0000] ERROR Exception of type 'DropNet.Exceptions.DropboxException' was thrown. [/COLOR]
                    can you retry from scratch:

- stop the plugin
                    - delete IFTTT.ini from your config folder
                    - in your dropbox account, click on your nickname in the top right corner, then click settings, go to the security tab, and in the Apps Linked section at the bottom check if you see HSPI_IFTTT, if you have it delete it
                    - restart the plugin
                    - make sure you don't have any popup blocker active, then go to the config page and click on "Dropbox Authorize" button.
                    - authorize then go back to the config page and click the done button

Comment

Working...
                    X