X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IFTTT Android App

IFTTT has just released its Android app
    http://blog.ifttt.com/post/837294721...now-on-android

I haven't tested it yet, but it opens up some new cool triggers that you can use with Homeseer: SMS received, phone call missed, phone connects to your Wifi home network, etc...

cool stuff!

Please share your best ideas for using them with Homeseer

How do you inform Homeseer of the android event that's triggered by IFTTT? Is it through an HTTP request of HS made by the android, or some other way?

Comment

Originally posted by NeverDie View Post
      How do you inform Homeseer of the android event that's triggered by IFTTT? Is it through an HTTP request of HS made by the android, or some other way?
      I would use the IFTTT plugin like for any other IFTTT channel.
      There isn't any open API for IFTTT, so the plugin use the Dropbox channel as an intermediary. See the user guide of the plugin.
      For example if you want to trigger an HS event when you miss a call on your Android phone, you set up an IFTTT recipe that write a file to your Dropbox folder when you miss a call; the plugin is monitoring this Dropbox folder and trigger the HS event when it sees the new file.

Comment

IFTTT-Android location

Hello
        I downloaded the IFTTT plugin on homeseer (now trial version) and the App on my mobile, I created an account on doropbox and I used the Android location (In IFTTT) to georeference my position and to create the IFTTT trigger to activate a devive on homeseer. I would like activate a my device in homeseer when I arrive in the specific area near my home that I put in the App IFTT (Android location) . When Iarrive in that specific area in the IFTTT App I can see that the message is correct but in the homeseer the device it doesn't trasposing the action. Where is the problem? Perhaps still doesn't the app IFTTT work very well with homeseer ? I don't know where I made a mistake. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks

RenderCAD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.206 (Windows)
        Number of Devices: 307 Number of Events: 104
        PLUGIN:Z-Wave:,Restart:,ADIO-100:,HSTouch Server:,BLMediaPlayer:,NetCAM:,IFTTT:,Arduino Plugin:,Current Cost:,Current Cost 3P:,VWS:

Comment

Originally posted by RenderCAD View Post
          Hello
          I downloaded the IFTTT plugin on homeseer (now trial version) and the App on my mobile, I created an account on doropbox and I used the Android location (In IFTTT) to georeference my position and to create the IFTTT trigger to activate a devive on homeseer. I would like activate a my device in homeseer when I arrive in the specific area near my home that I put in the App IFTT (Android location) . When Iarrive in that specific area in the IFTTT App I can see that the message is correct but in the homeseer the device it doesn't trasposing the action. Where is the problem? Perhaps still doesn't the app IFTTT work very well with homeseer ? I don't know where I made a mistake. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks

RenderCAD

HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.206 (Windows)
          Number of Devices: 307 Number of Events: 104
          PLUGIN:Z-Wave:,Restart:,ADIO-100:,HSTouch Server:,BLMediaPlayer:,NetCAM:,IFTTT:,Arduino Plugin:,Current Cost:,Current Cost 3P:,VWS:
          for this to work, you need
          1. a recipe in IFTTT where the trigger is the Android app channel and the Action is Dropbox Create a txt file
          2. A Homeseer event that says:
          IF IFTTT trigger Then Activate device

Have you done that? Could post some screenshots of your recipe and event?

For more information, read the user guide for this plugin

Comment

Working...
          X