Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible missing Devices in BLTED

Bob,

I agree....and will need to review again and look at logs. Does the BLTED create any logs or log entries? I was surprised when I did not see any devices. Is there a device code category that you assign that I should look for?

Also I added items from my wish list on your website. Had to use 'new plugin' as BLTED was not in the list yet.

-Cliff

Comment

I have changed the feature requests to show BLTED

Can you remove all gateways and BLTED devices and then download the newest build from the updater and add the new gateway again
      Let me know
      Cheers,
      Bob
      Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Results after Update

​Bob,

For request #418, I see that their is a Gateway Status = Connected device created for each gateway. Perhaps this satisfies this request? What are the other status returned values besides Connected. Is Connected something returned in the XML file or are you performing some other 'test' to determine if the gateway is "healthy"?

I did see the update and did disable the plugin and upload the new version (.08?). I restarted the plugin but I have not deleted all the devices so will go back and redo that and let the new devices be populated back in.

Maybe is fixed but, under the setup gateways panel, gateway #1 lists it has 4 MTUs but that is not listed for Gateway #2.

The plugin creates over 400 new devices for two gateways each with 4 MTUs. Most people won't experience this as most have just the one gateway. I would like to see a way to filter out some of the non 'power now' type of devices. I mainly use 'Power Now' to inform or trigger events. I use Voltage Now a little. CO2 not at all. Extended metrics never.

Maybe what I will need to do is create multiple rooms to host the 'power now' versus the other nice to have info about CO2, Volts, and daily,monthly, & YTD metrics. Even with that, the plugin is still using time, effort, and space to collect all that other stuff, which in may case, will be used little. S a way to shut off (not collect) what I won't use would be useful.

As for #416....it was created assuming you might only create basic 'power now' devices and I would need a way to add additional devices/metrics. Since your default was to create devices for ALL metrics, perhaps this request can be closed as being resolved.

And now that I have devices, I will check to see if the solar is being reported correctly. I expect it is so I am okay with closing #417 as resolved.

nice job so far.....

Comment

Originally posted by cbabkirk View Post
          For request #418, I see that their is a Gateway Status = Connected device created for each gateway. Perhaps this satisfies this request? What are the other status returned values besides Connected. Is Connected something returned in the XML file or are you performing some other 'test' to determine if the gateway is "healthy"?
          The purpose of that is to show if it is connected or not. I need to work a bit more on it because it is not perfect yet. Still working on it.

Maybe is fixed but, under the setup gateways panel, gateway #1 lists it has 4 MTUs but that is not listed for Gateway #2.
          The plugin should get the number of MTUs from the gateway. Are you saying that the number of MTUs is not correct for gateway #2? I may need you to give me the ip address and port for your gateway so I can check. You will likely have to open it up for me if that is the case. We can do that thru email if need be.

The plugin creates over 400 new devices for two gateways each with 4 MTUs. Most people won't experience this as most have just the one gateway. I would like to see a way to filter out some of the non 'power now' type of devices. I mainly use 'Power Now' to inform or trigger events. I use Voltage Now a little. CO2 not at all. Extended metrics never.
          Yea the number of devices is quite large. In 1.0.8 the plugin will only create the devices it needs for the TED PRO model. For the TED5000 I am thinking I will allow you to specify which devices you want when editing a gateway.

As for #416....it was created assuming you might only create basic 'power now' devices and I would need a way to add additional devices/metrics. Since your default was to create devices for ALL metrics, perhaps this request can be closed as being resolved.
          Yea this one can be closed. I will close it

And now that I have devices, I will check to see if the solar is being reported correctly. I expect it is so I am okay with closing #417 as resolved.
          Verify and let me know if #417 can be closed

The plugin is still pretty new and will be updated as we go. I do not have a TED system here so that makes it harder but users have given me access to their systems which allows me to add features a lot faster and to verify they work.
          Last edited by Blade; September 4, 2014, 03:37 PM.
          Cheers,
          Bob

Comment

Bob,

On the # of MTUs per gateway.....it is listed as 4 MTUs for gateway #1 but is missing completely for gateway #2. Not a big deal. Just not consistent. In devices, both gateways are repreented and both have their MTU1 - MT4 device assignments. Just that minor #ofMTUs on the gateway setup page.

The option to specify, in the gateway setup, which devices we want for the TED 5000 would be great.

You can close #417

TED has a stats page that has a lot of real-time (updates about every second) status info for gateways and MTUs that might be helpful in determining "health" of system components and communication. The gateway could have a status of "connected" but be doing little real work. Sometimes I can connect to my gateways but find they are frozen on data collection. The bigger issue might be if an MTU has "gone dark". I will gather some screen shots and info on what is illustrated on the stats page for your review.

-Cliff

Comment

On the # of MTUs per gateway.....it is listed as 4 MTUs for gateway #1 but is missing completely for gateway #2. Not a big deal. Just not consistent. In devices, both gateways are repreented and both have their MTU1 - MT4 device assignments. Just that minor #ofMTUs on the gateway setup page.
              Can you try 1.0.10 in the updater and see if it resolves this one.
              Cheers,
              Bob

Comment

In the next build you will be able to specify which devices to use for the TED5000 model gateways.

I am also adding the ability to export history. There will be options on the option web page for the export.
                Cheers,
                Bob

Comment

1.0.12 is in the HS3 updater

- If you have a TED5000, it will allow you to pick the devices you want to use.
                  - There is a new option on the options web page that will allow you to export the history every X minutes. The history reports will be saved in the \Data\BLTED folder under your HS root folder. The format of the delimited files are explained in the help web page
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Bob, for those who have solar on Ted, can there be a device that in a glance can tell you if you are currently on Solar power or on utility? This will be a great tool as a condition in events. Let's say you want to turn on a heavy load only if you are in solar power...
                    Hector
                    MyTrigger,ACRF2,W800,Zwave
                    AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Bob, I am trying out your BL Ted plug-in for the first time so far it seems to be working OK, is there going to be any grafics or icons in the near future? Also noticed the values are only numbers are there going be to any discriptions? Like Kwh, for example.
                      Hector
                      AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Bob, the info sent from the gateway to HS, do they accumulate? If so how long does HS store this data? I just worried about overwhelming accumulative data...
                        Hector
                        AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Bump
                          Hector
                          AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

I believe the info is stored in the TED itself. I am just calling the URL from the TED to show the history
                            Cheers,
                            Bob

Comment

So there no acumulation of data in HS Right?
                              Hector
                              AP800,Honeywell Stat

Comment

Correct. It is stored in the TED itself
                                Cheers,
                                Bob

Comment

Working...
                                X