Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Plugin Still Supported or on the way to being discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Plugin Still Supported or on the way to being discontinued?

Blade, I want to buy this plugin, but I've noticed there isn't any activity on this forum for this plugin? So it is a legacy plugin that is no longer supported or on the way to being discontinued?

If it is still supported, how do you determine which was the device that caused the alert? Like in Armed mode I'd like to which device tripped?

Thanks
    Tom
    baby steps...starting again with HS3
    HS3Pro: Z-NET & 80 Z wave Devices,
    HSTouch: 4 Joggler (Android Kitkat), 2 iPhone, 3 iPads
    Whole House Audio: 5 SqueezePlay Jogglers w Bose Speakers
    In The Works: 10 Cameras Geovision, new Adecmo/Envisalink Alarm, Arduinos
    System: XP on Fanless Mini-ITX w/ SSD

It is still supported. I know people who are using it in HS3.
    I would have to look but I believe you can have the device that caused the alert to be emailed to you. Let me know what you are trying to do
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Web site | Help Desk | Feature Requests | Message Board

Comment

Phew! I'm glad. With digital locks and this software you can arm/disarm your virtual security seamlessly. Love the HSTouch or graphical Alarm Keypad interface too(if you ever need to use it).

1) Arm/Perimeter/Sleep state- Well wanted to away to find out which Device or Devices Triggered the Alert. Would be very useful if you're away. I use Adam's pushover because it's much much faster than email. Could a virtual device(s) be made, that would equal the description and value of the device(or devices) that triggered the Alert? Like first triggered device
      , second triggered device in order. Don't think you need more than two. And that could be displayed on the Alarm Keypad and that device info be passed on to push? If more than one device triggered is difficult, then just the first one.

2) Any Alarm State(Arm/Disarm/Perimeter/Sleep) - speak the devices that trigger the alert. This is trigger alert for doors or windows that are open after X amount of minutes in any alarm state? In the above Arm/Perimeter/Sleep state described above ,1), the Alert Device would be set to X=0 minutes(instant). I'm thinking if we know the devices that triggered the alert then it can the passed on to speak it out( like "Hey Lil Man You Left the Door Open" and receive push notifications.

Thanks in advance Blade!
      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomTom View Post
        Phew! I'm glad. With digital locks and this software you can arm/disarm your virtual security seamlessly. Love the HSTouch or graphical Alarm Keypad interface too(if you ever need to use it).

1) Arm/Perimeter/Sleep state- Well wanted to away to find out which Device or Devices Triggered the Alert. Would be very useful if you're away. I use Adam's pushover because it's much much faster than email. Could a virtual device(s) be made, that would equal the description and value of the device(or devices) that triggered the Alert? Like first triggered device
        , second triggered device in order. Don't think you need more than two. And that could be displayed on the Alarm Keypad and that device info be passed on to push? If more than one device triggered is difficult, then just the first one.

2) Any Alarm State(Arm/Disarm/Perimeter/Sleep) - speak the devices that trigger the alert. This is trigger alert for doors or windows that are open after X amount of minutes in any alarm state? In the above Arm/Perimeter/Sleep state described above ,1), the Alert Device would be set to X=0 minutes(instant). I'm thinking if we know the devices that triggered the alert then it can the passed on to speak it out( like "Hey Lil Man You Left the Door Open" and receive push notifications.

Thanks in advance Blade!
        I do not use BLSecurity but I believe it will speak the devices in alert now. I may be wrong. It has been a while since I looked at it.

I will take a look and see if a virtual device can be created to store the devices in alert
        Cheers,
        Bob

Comment

Thanks Blade,

On more thought was thinking of using the:
          Perimeter mode as the default mode, to speak the doors and windows that are left open?
          Arm - when we are away.
          Sleep- Night time
          Disarm - for when alarm isn't active/not being used at all.

I looked through the plugin see it has:
          Warn If Any Security Devices are in Alert Status When Arming
          Warn If Any Security Devices are in Communication Error When Arming
          but nothing for the Specific Device that Triggered the Alert.

I'm thinking under "More Options"
          1. in Perimeter Mode -the Virtual Device can Speak the doors or windows left open.
          in Arm Mode - Alert Virtual Device can Speak and send notification

2. Could this Alert Virtual Device info be placed on the BLsecurity Keypad?
          Tom

Comment

I'm thinking under "More Options"
            1. in Perimeter Mode -the Virtual Device can Speak the doors or windows left open.
            in Arm Mode - Alert Virtual Device can Speak and send notification

2. Could this Alert Virtual Device info be placed on the BLsecurity Keypad?
            Ok I was looking through BLradar demo video for my other place and saw the BLSecurity "Last Alert Device". So playing with that I realized that if you DO NOT include the Device into any zone, then the Device That Triggered the Alert shows up(as a specific device, not zone name). And it show up on the Virtual Keypad too.
            So #2
            (last triggered showing on Keypad) above already exist.

So to #1.
            Email/Push Notifications of Last Triggered Device:

I tired using the replacement variables for the ref number and reference address, and it does not show in emails or pushover notifications.
            Code:
            $$DTA:(address)[B]:  [/B]$$DTC:(code)[B]:  [/B]$$DTR:(ref):

Speak Announcements:

So there is a option to "Speak Device Locations in Announcements"
            It is checked in pic below.
            System will speak arm, disarm, but will not announce the device that triggered it or even that an alarm has been triggered.
            Attached Files
            Tom

Comment

Hey Blade,

I know its the holidays and hate to ask.
              Any thoughts on post #6. I've only got a few days left of my trial. Also I'm moving fairly soon from the second home where I need this running and won't be back here for several months.

Thanks in advance.
              Tom

Comment

Blade,

I am also using this plug-in and share TomToms interest in knowing what door opened that triggered an alert, so I can do something with the info.

If "a virtual device can be created to store the device in alert" then we should be able to send that info however we need.. speak, email, Htouch notify, etc.

As far a I can tell the PI will not speak or send the devices info that has triggered an alert!" the warning only shows up in the log.

Thanks,

Comment

That would be a new feature. Have you added a feature request for it on my web site?
                  Cheers,
                  Bob

Comment

Doh!
                    I thought this was already being worked on based on the previous discussion.
                    So bought the plugin a few weeks ago, as this is for a second home(several states away) where this is a must as I won't be able to see which door or device triggered the alert.

I just filed the feature request. This is my first time putting a request but in general how long does this take( soon, weeks, months, maybe, not possible, etc..). I'm not a coder/programmer so have no idea how much this entails. Thanks in advance.
                    Tom

Comment

Add me to that list, I would be interested in this plugin with that feature.

Thanks

Comment

+1....knowing exactly which device triggered would be very helpful.
                        My home is smarter than your honor roll student.

Comment

I do not think BLSecurity will speak when a device alert happens. I believe you can have it send an email, play a wave file and turn lights on. I do not think I added any speaking option

Can someone try out the other options and let me know
                          Cheers,
                          Bob

Comment

Blade,
                            I'm in the middle of my move so some parts of my HS system are dismantled and a general mess.

For emails/push if you DO NOT include the Device, say Living motion sensor, into any zone, then the Device That Triggered the Alert shows up(as a specific device, not zone name) and it shows up on the Virtual Keypad too.
                            The only problem is if you try to use replacement variables for the ref number and reference address, and it does not show in emails or pushover notifications.

For the Speak part, there is a option to "Speak Device Locations in Announcements"
                            I'm not sure if I was doing this wrong, but the last time I used it, if I remember right, the system will speak arm, disarm, but will not announce the device that triggered it or even that an alarm has been triggered.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
                            Last edited by TomTom; January 18, 2016, 09:33 PM.
                            Tom

Comment

Blade,
                              I'm in the middle of my move so some parts of my HS system are dismantled and a general mess.

For emails/push if you DO NOT include the Device, say Living motion sensor, into any zone, then the Device That Triggered the Alert shows up(as a specific device, not zone name) and it shows up on the Virtual Keypad too.
                              The only problem is if you try to use replacement variables for the ref number and reference address, and it does not show in emails or pushover notifications.

For the Speak part, there is a option to "Speak Device Locations in Announcements"
                              I'm not sure if I was doing this wrong, but the last time I used it, if I remember right, the system will speak arm, disarm, but will not announce the device that triggered it or even that an alarm has been triggered.

Thanks in advance for looking into this.
                              Yes the plugin only speaks arm, disarm messages. It does not speak alerts but it should send emails on alert. I will check into that one.
                              The other would be a new feature. I have to cleaned up some issues first before I get to any feature requests.

It has been quite a while since I looked at BLSecurity so I need to re-visit it.

Can you log a help desk ticket on my site for the email part
                              Cheers,
                              Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X