Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to get the current setpoint from a TRV ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok that all makes sense. I had a look in the log before, I see the capital commands, and the queuing. I have not seen the other data or read from node. If I can see that I could configure the log monitor so that it would stop the polling.
    This is the full script I use to populate my TRV setpoint array

Code:
    dim array_trvs() as string = {"Heating","Guest Bed TRV","Study TRV","Lounge TRV","Kitchen TRV","Gym TRV"}

dim trvsetpoint as integer = 0
    dim trvs_name as string = ""
    dim trvstr as string = ""

sub Main(ByVal Parms as Object)

Try
    trvs_name = ""
    trvstr = ""

for each devw as string in array_trvs
                trvs_name = devw
               trvsetpoint = hs.DeviceValueByName(devw)

If trvsetpoint >20
              trvstr = trvstr & trvs_name & " Setpoint " & " <span style='color:red'>" & trvsetpoint & " °C" & "</span>" & "<br>"
              Else
              trvstr = trvstr & trvs_name & " Setpoint " & " <span style='color:blue'>" & trvsetpoint & " °C" & "</span>" & "<br>"

End If

next

hs.SetDeviceString(440, trvstr,true)

'hs.writelog("Array", "Window Count: " & windows_count)
     Catch ex As Exception
    hs.WriteLog ("Array", "Error: " & ex.Message)
    End Try
    End Sub
    I am still not sure how I could get this to display the setpoints of the TRVs, rather than what is in the queue. But your explanations have helped me to understand the whole process a lot better, so I am slowly getting there.
    Let's take this scenario. I am sending a new setpoint to a TRV. It changes immediately in the array display. It is only queued, so if I poll now to send it, it could actually change back to the current setpoint as the TRV should report the current setpoint, and then change again when it has accepted the setpoint ? If that is the case it might not do it as the event only runs the script when there is a change of setpoint in any of the TRVs.

Comment

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
      Ok that all makes sense. I had a look in the log before, I see the capital commands, and the queuing. I have not seen the other data or read from node. If I can see that I could configure the log monitor so that it would stop the polling.
      This is the full script I use to populate my TRV setpoint array

Code:
      dim array_trvs() as string = {"Heating","Guest Bed TRV","Study TRV","Lounge TRV","Kitchen TRV","Gym TRV"}

dim trvsetpoint as integer = 0
      dim trvs_name as string = ""
      dim trvstr as string = ""

sub Main(ByVal Parms as Object)

Try
      trvs_name = ""
      trvstr = ""

for each devw as string in array_trvs
                  trvs_name = devw
                 trvsetpoint = hs.DeviceValueByName(devw)

If trvsetpoint >20
                trvstr = trvstr & trvs_name & " Setpoint " & " <span style='color:red'>" & trvsetpoint & " °C" & "</span>" & "<br>"
                Else
                trvstr = trvstr & trvs_name & " Setpoint " & " <span style='color:blue'>" & trvsetpoint & " °C" & "</span>" & "<br>"

End If

next

hs.SetDeviceString(440, trvstr,true)

'hs.writelog("Array", "Window Count: " & windows_count)
       Catch ex As Exception
      hs.WriteLog ("Array", "Error: " & ex.Message)
      End Try
      End Sub
      I am still not sure how I could get this to display the setpoints of the TRVs, rather than what is in the queue. But your explanations have helped me to understand the whole process a lot better, so I am slowly getting there.
      Let's take this scenario. I am sending a new setpoint to a TRV. It changes immediately in the array display. It is only queued, so if I poll now to send it, it could actually change back to the current setpoint as the TRV should report the current setpoint, and then change again when it has accepted the setpoint ? If that is the case it might not do it as the event only runs the script when there is a change of setpoint in any of the TRVs.
      Yes that is possible - I raised a similar point to the HS team a couple of years ago when I got going with these TRV's. I asked what order HS sends commands to the node, i.e read then Send, or Send then read....and I was told it was entirely indeterminate. The queue is completely random so you can't be rely on for any external logic. This is why I implemented a belt and braces approach to keep queuing polls until the HS device actually changes.

Take a look below at a couple of extracts from my log earlier this evening to show a typical sequence from 2 nodes which behaved differently. It's for the 'Mode' device but is exactly the same for setpoint devices.

Here is a node that was required to change the TRV Mode to 'Heat' at 17:00 by scheduled event and all was complete at the next node wakeup at 17:03:35

Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 122(Upstairs Master EnSuite TRV).
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Device Control Device: Control OnDemandPoll MasterEnsuite to Off (0)
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Event Event Trigger "HSTouch Actions TRV - Master Ensuite"
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Master EnSuite Mode Set to Mode v1_Heat
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Device (Node 122) woke up and Poll Device for Upstairs Master EnSuite Mode was successfully sent.
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Device (Node 122) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent.
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 122 (Upstairs Master EnSuite TRV)
      Oct-24 17:03:35 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 122

Oct-24 17:00:00 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Master EnSuite Mode controlled by Central Heating Control Kitchen Area to Energy Save Heat Mode is being queued to be polled the next time it wakes up.
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Device Control Device: Control OnDemandPoll MasterEnsuite to Mode (1)
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Thermostat Mode Heat has been added to the Wake-Up queue for Upstairs Master EnSuite Mode
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Device Control Device: Upstairs Master EnSuite Mode to Heat (1)
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Event Event Trigger "Central Heating Control Master EnSuite to Normal Heat Mode"

Here is a Node that was also asked to change the TRV Mode to 'Heat' but it required 2 wake-up cycles to complete it. Note the extra Poll queued at 17:06:01

Oct-24 17:08:48 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 119(Upstairs Guest Bathroom TRV).
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Device Control Device: Control OnDemandPoll GuestBathroom to Off (0)
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Event Event Trigger "HSTouch Actions TRV - Guest Bathroom"
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode Set to Mode v1_Heat
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Device (Node 119) woke up and Poll Device for Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode was successfully sent.
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 119 (Upstairs Guest Bathroom TRV)
      Oct-24 17:08:48 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 119

Oct-24 17:06:01 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode controlled by Central Heating Control - Confirmation Mode change - Guest Bathroom is being queued to be polled the next time it wakes up.
      Oct-24 17:06:01 Event Event Trigger "Central Heating Control - Confirmation Mode change - Guest Bathroom"

Oct-24 17:02:44 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up 'No More Info' Notification sent to Node 119(Upstairs Guest Bathroom TRV).
      Oct-24 17:02:43 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Device (Node 119) woke up and Poll Device for Upstairs Guest Bathroom Temperature was successfully sent.
      Oct-24 17:02:41 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Guest Bathroom Temperature Set to 23.5 (C)
      Oct-24 17:02:41 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Device (Node 119) woke up and Send Other Data command was successfully sent.
      Oct-24 17:02:41 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Wake-Up Notification Processing for Node 119 (Upstairs Guest Bathroom TRV)
      Oct-24 17:02:41 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Z-Wave Wake-Up Notification Received for Node 119
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Z-Wave Device: Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode controlled by Central Heating Control Kitchen Area to Energy Save Heat Mode is being queued to be polled the next time it wakes up.
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Device Control Device: Control OnDemandPoll GuestBathroom to Mode (1)
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Z-Wave ZME_UZB1: Thermostat Mode Heat has been added to the Wake-Up queue for Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Device Control Device: Upstairs Guest Bathroom Mode to Heat (1)
      Oct-24 17:00:00 Event Event Trigger "Central Heating Control Guest Bathroom to Normal Heat Mode"

Comment

Thanks for all that. But somehow our systems are different. I did a search for 'woke up' in the log, that returned nothing. And looking through when a new setpoint is sent, I cannot see anything in the log that is has been accepted. But I can tell it has as I can hear the TRV, and the rad is going from cold to hot or the other way round.

Comment

Thanks for all that. But somehow our systems are different. I did a search for 'woke up' in the log, that returned nothing. And looking through when a new setpoint is sent, I cannot see anything in the log that is has been accepted. But I can tell it has as I can hear the TRV, and the rad is going from cold to hot or the other way round.
          There might be a simple solution to that -

goto Plugins>Z-Wave>Controller Management>Z-Wave Networks and Options and make sure you have "Log Poll and Wake-Up Messages" checked.

Comment

Found it. I did not have that ticked. Will have a look what pops up in the log now. Might not get a chance tonight but will look and see what I can do now. That should give me some more possibilities.

Comment

I have been going through my logs, and an impression I had before has been confirmed. Some of the StellaZ's seem to somehow loose connection to HS3. Meaning, they do not show any wake up signs any more. I had this before, and did a few rescans to get them back working. I used to have that problem on Vera too.
              Do you come across that problem, having to rescan some of your TRVs every couple of months ? (Mine are converted to permanent power but don't think that's the problem)
              I could get Ultralog to watch for devices not waking up for an hour or more to send me a notification. That way I know that one of the TRVs needs rescanning. But maybe you or someone else has found a way of keeping them 'alive' ?

Comment

Do you come across that problem, having to rescan some of your TRVs every couple of months ? (Mine are converted to permanent power but don't think that's the problem)
                No I don't have to rescan at all. How far away are your TRVs from the Zwave controller ? How many routing devices do you have available to create a good mesh network....if you are not seeing wake-up messages at all then I would look at that aspect. You could also try Full Optimze of each TRV.....basically you need to manually wake-up the node (press the button on the unit until you see the led indicate flashing red and then go green) this give you about 3 minutes to allow HS to run a full optimize on the node.
                Also, I tried permanent power but I found that after power failure scenario the node would not wake-up any more. I'm now back on batteries.

Comment

I have a lot of zwave devices around these TRVs, and they are 3 - 4m distance to the Z-net. So distance should not be an issue. But I never optimised them, so I'll do that and see if that improves things.

Comment

I optimised my network, then all my TRV's (StellaZ's). There are still 2 problem TRV's. One close to the controller, and very close to 2 other nodes which communicate directly with the controller due to the close proximity. I have installe the Ultralog, and am using it to track battery devices not waking up for 1 hour. When I wake the problem TRV up, I can see immediately the timestamp changing on the virtual device with the last wakeup time. it reports straight away to the controller. I have rescaned it, optimised it, but after that wakup it stopped waking up again. Very frustrating.

Comment

I optimised my network, then all my TRV's (StellaZ's). There are still 2 problem TRV's. One close to the controller, and very close to 2 other nodes which communicate directly with the controller due to the close proximity. I have installe the Ultralog, and am using it to track battery devices not waking up for 1 hour. When I wake the problem TRV up, I can see immediately the timestamp changing on the virtual device with the last wakeup time. it reports straight away to the controller. I have rescaned it, optimised it, but after that wakup it stopped waking up again. Very frustrating.
                      Have you checked that the suspect nodes actually have a wake-up period set ? In HS device management go to the node root device and open the Zwave config tab. Wake-up the Node (manually) and then click on Settings and then Ready and it will read the node settings and you will see the current wake-up period set. I cant think what else it could be.

Comment

I did check and it is set to 6 min wake up. Very strange, it wakes up transmits all the settings, updates the wake up time but then does not wake up again unless I manually wake it up.

Comment

I did check and it is set to 6 min wake up. Very strange, it wakes up transmits all the settings, updates the wake up time but then does not wake up again unless I manually wake it up.
                          How are you waking it the first time ?

Comment

By pushing the button in, until it flashes red. It then lets me retrieve the settings, I can optimise, and I can rescan. What is strange it keeps flashing green after the red goes off, and it keeps flashing until I give the wake up button another quick push. Not sure that is how its supposed to be. And after that no more wake ups.

Comment

By pushing the button in, until it flashes red. It then lets me retrieve the settings, I can optimise, and I can rescan. What is strange it keeps flashing green after the red goes off, and it keeps flashing until I give the wake up button another quick push. Not sure that is how its supposed to be. And after that no more wake ups.
                              Yes the flashing green is normal and it will keep flashing for about 3 mins but after setting the wakeup period I press it one more time to get it back to 'normal' operation. What I suggest is go through the process again and while its flashing green go to HS device management and hit the Set button again for the wakeup period. Then press the button again to stop the flashing and see if it springs into life on the next wake-up time.

Comment

I have tried optimizing, rescanning, re-setting wakup. Its still not waking up again. Another one of my StellaZ's has now stopped waking up. I had optimized it will all the other ones a few days ago. I tried waking it up, and it doesnt wake up, no green light or red light no matter how long or short I press the wakeup button. So I cut power for 20 seconds, then powered it up again, and it flashes and wakes up. I can see the wakeup in the log immediately. I did a rescan, checked the wakeup setting (every 6 minutes), all fine. 40 minutes later still no wakeup. I press the button, the green light flashes, and again immediately in the log I can see the wakeup.

Comment

Working...
                                X