Need Delay or Wait for end of speech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Delay or Wait for end of speech

I have 2 setups. First is Russound with Speech and that is working great. Secondly, I have a number of Definitive Technology speakers and a Plex media server. I have speaker.exe setup on the plex server and both plex and HS3 can use the DT speakers. DT speakers only use DTS Play (Play-Fi) as an interface to play to the speakers.

When I send something to the DT speakers and they go via Speech on the media server and play via the Play-Fi interface to the DT speakers but the last couple words get cut off, even though in the setup I have to wait until speech is finished checked. I believe it is waiting for not for long after the speech is finished and it takes time for the text to get from the HS3 server to the speaker client on the media server and then out the Play-Fi interface to the DT speakers.

I also use WeatherXML and announce the weather to my DT speakers each day. In the WeatherXML setup there is a variable for a delay period (#delayXX# where xx is the amount of seconds to delay). I put this at the end of the text output and is delays the speaker from stopping. This works perfect for the weather otherwise the last few words are cut off because of the time it takes for the text to go from Speech to the speaker client to the Play-Fi interface to the DT speakers.

So it would be nice to have a tag or variable I can put after the text to do the same thing in Speech. It can either be in {} at the end or just a variable.

I did try to create an event called wait and it was manual and action was wait 10 seconds, then in the speech setup where you can call an event or script after, call the wait event, but this did not work. It still shut the speakers off and then did the event.

Thanks,

Michael
    HS3Pro & HS4Pro on Win2012R2
    Aeotec, Cooper, Cree, GE/Jasco, Intermatic, LIFX, Fortrezz, OSRAM, RCS, Trane, Zooz
    BLBackup, BLGData, BLRussound, BLSpeech, HSTouch, InvisaLink, HSBuddy, IFTTT, JowiHue, NetCAM, PHLocation, Pushover 3P, Random, rnbWeather, UltraLighting3, weatherXML, ZigBee, Z-Wave
Working...
X