• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Migrating from Smartthings

Welcome to the group.
    RJ_Make On YouTube

Comment

Welcome aboard. I've traveled the SmartThings path as well. I'm still evaluating HS3 but so far I like it more than others and I've tried a bunch. SmartThings, Home Assistant, OpenHAB2, Vera (previous system).

Comment

I am lurking in here as I am currently looking for a better system. I have smartthings and hubitat going right now. I was trying to migrate over to hubitat but there are a lot of problems with hub lockups and things just not working reliably. I like the local hub that hubitat is as the lights turn on very fast when motion is detected. This was one thing that bugged me about smartthings. I could be down the stairs before the lights actually turned on! I am interested in running Homeseer HS3 on my windows computer that is always on. I am wondering if we can use our phones as presence sensors in Homeseer?

Comment

Also, wondering if there is support for SmartLife RGBW Controller? And Konnected?

Comment

Originally posted by pcgirl65 View Post
            I am lurking in here as I am currently looking for a better system. I have smartthings and hubitat going right now. I was trying to migrate over to hubitat but there are a lot of problems with hub lockups and things just not working reliably. I like the local hub that hubitat is as the lights turn on very fast when motion is detected. This was one thing that bugged me about smartthings. I could be down the stairs before the lights actually turned on! I am interested in running Homeseer HS3 on my windows computer that is always on. I am wondering if we can use our phones as presence sensors in Homeseer?
            There’s a free plugin called PHLocation2 that is great for geolocation. You can use it with geofence and other location tracking apps to let HS know your location. This is more reliable than some of the other methods. There are also a number of other plugins that can detect devices on a network or bluetooth devices. Are you planning to run HS on a Windows system or buying one of the linux based HS systems? There are more options available for Windows.
            HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
            Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I am thinking of running it on Windows. Another thing I am wondering about is that I have some patio lights setup on some H801 controllers. I am using the Smartlife RBGW Controller device type and plugin to control them. They are on wifi. Is something like this available in Homeseer?

Comment

I am thinking of running it on Windows. Another thing I am wondering about is that I have some patio lights setup on some H801 controllers. I am using the Smartlife RBGW Controller device type and plugin to control them. They are on wifi. Is something like this available in Homeseer?
                I don't know much about SmartLife, but at first glance it should be controllable by HS. It may not require a specific plugin to work with HS. It will likely work with an MQTT plugin. Take a look at the mcsMQTT one.
                HS 4.2.8.0: 2134 Devices 1252 Events
                Z-Wave 3.0.10.0: 133 Nodes on one Z-Net

Comment

I have seen and hear of MQTT. What exactly is it and what is it used for?

Comment

The plugin CPS Tuya should work with the SmartLife RBGW Controller.

--Barry

Comment

Also, one thing you can do to speed up SmartThings is to make sure you are using native device handlers vs custom device handlers. Native device handlers are executed locally by the ST Hub and never leave your local network, whereas custom device handlers are always sent to and executed from the cloud. Learned that one the hard way. By using all native device handlers you will see executions just as fast as Hubitat and Homeseer. Of course that's not always possible, but most popular switches, plugs and lights have native device handlers available which reside within your hub.

--Barry

Comment

Where do I find CPS Tuya plugin and the PHLocation plugin? I decided to setup a pi and I am just getting started. I can't seem to find these plugins?

Comment

Where do I find CPS Tuya plugin and the PHLocation plugin? I decided to setup a pi and I am just getting started. I can't seem to find these plugins?
                          CPS Tuya plugin is located here

http://download.casapiedrasoftware.i...ates3/CpsTuya/

Comment

Thanks, now how do I get it into HS.

Comment

The CPS Toya driver is not in the Plugin manager. I think there are some instructions on how to manually install it. I don't know where those instructions are located.

Comment

Working...
                              X