New beta v1.0.0.22 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.22:
    • Use of TTS Announcements is now added
    • Use of sending SMS messages to a Samsung TV is now added
    • Support for Sony's party services is now added

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.24 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.24:
      • Issue with playing content when Server and HS are on the same PC, especially when using Windows Media Player as server
      • Fixed issue with Pause. If HS buttons are used to pause a movie, clicking on "play" will start movie from beginning
      • Fixed and issue where clicking on a player button on the HS page would generate an error and not open the configuration page, problem with IE
      • Fixed some issues retrieving services, volume buttons were missing for Android's BubbleUPnP
      • Fixed an issue with slideshows and selecting picture size. If picture size doesn't match, first available will be used
      • Updated help file a little, began adding API info
      • Send out DLNA commands with "RES" info matching player's capability. WMP has tons or RES info causing LG SP520 Network Media Player to choke
      • Improvements to support music browsing functions using built in HST functions ... still under constructions

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.25 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.25:
        • While fixing retrieve service info for BubbleUPnP, broke something for Samsung TV
        • Added triggers and conditions
        • working on actions ....

Comment

New beta v1.0.0.26 posted

Changes to v1.0.0.26:
          • Added Actions. Do read the help file how to set them up
          • Some performance improvement for Windows Media Player as Media Server. For whatever reason, slower than molasses on my PC
          • Artwork or slideshow not working on Android devices. You need Android Client version .38 or better to make this work
          • Had to change how this PI's playlist work. The playlists you created will be void and you'll have to recreate them. I store them now as xml files so that should give plenty of future capabilities
          Last edited by dcorsus; October 29, 2012, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for this excellent plug-in!

I just upgraded to 1.0.0.26 from 1.0.0.19 on my HS PRO 2.5.0.52 XP3 Pro PC. I now can’t access the HSPI configuration page. If I click on either the “DLNA config” or “Config” links on the HS interfaces page I receive the following message in the web browser (IE) running on the HS PC:

Public member 'GetIniSection' on type 'MarshalByRefObject' not found.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.MissingMemberException: Public member 'GetIniSection' on type 'MarshalByRefObject' not found.

Source Error:

Line 108: Dim OddEven As Boolean = False ' we start with the second row after the header
            Line 109:
            Line 110: DLNADevices = pi.GetIniSection("UPnP Devices UDN to Info")
            Line 111:
            Line 112: If Not DLNADevices Is Nothing And DLNADevices.Count > 0 Then

Source File: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2\html\DLNA_Manager\DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx Line: 110

I can see an entry in the DLNA ini file for “[UPnP Devices UDN to Info]”.

I’ve deleted all the HS devices and also deleted the DLNA ini file and re-started HS but the issue remains. After I deleted the DLNA ini file on starting the plugin the following is displayed in the HSLog with no errors:

29/10/2012 10:07:33 DLNA Manager Application path: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2
            29/10/2012 10:07:33 DLNA Manager Register callback completed
            29/10/2012 10:07:33 Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: DLNA_Manager
            29/10/2012 10:07:33 DLNA Manager ReadIniFile has discovered 6 device types to look for
            29/10/2012 10:07:33 DLNA Manager CreateHSTouchDevice called with DeviceName = HS Touch Device
            29/10/2012 10:07:39 DLNA Manager INIT: Creating new devices
            29/10/2012 10:07:39 DLNA Manager INIT : opening up new ini file
            29/10/2012 10:07:39 DLNA Manager InitializeUPnPDevices is creating a new device for the UPNP Master in the INI file.
            29/10/2012 10:07:39 DLNA Manager InitializeUPnPDevices created device DLNA Master with Devicecode = #1 and ref = 5869
            29/10/2012 10:07:48 DLNA Manager Initialized29/10/2012 10:07:48 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in DLNA_Manager

As I can’t see the DLNA config web page I’ve turned debug on in the ini file directly by adding the line “Debug=1” to see what HSLog says:

29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager Application path: C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS2
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager Register callback completed
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 Plug-In Initializing Plug-in: DLNA_Manager
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager INIT: MaxNbrOfUPNPObjects set to 0
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager ReadIniFile has discovered 6 device types to look for
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager InitializeUPnPDevices Found Housecode in inifile. HouseCode = #
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager BuildUPnPHSDeviceInfoList called
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager DetectUPnPDevices called with Refresh = False
            29/10/2012 10:44:30 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice: Attempting to locate all connected. This may take up to 9 seconds.
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice - Discovery succeeded: 2 UPnPDevice(s) found.
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaRenderer:1 with FriendlyName = Media
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice found documentURL = http://192.168.2.84:59543/
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice is adding a Team XBMC device with UDN = 1d00567b-5400-4060-0c2f-99fd3dd6b2a7 and Friendly Name = Media and adding it to the array with index = 0
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice found device = urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1 with FriendlyName = Media
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice found documentURL = http://192.168.2.84:57061/DeviceDescription.xml
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager FindUPnPDevice is adding a Team XBMC device with UDN = 3c451153-df8e-593e-6a97-e40346a1732d and Friendly Name = Media and adding it to the array with index = 1
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager DetectUPnPDevices added a total of 2 devices
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager DetectUPnPDevices has logged new device with UPnPDeviceName = Media
            29/10/2012 10:44:39 DLNA Manager DetectUPnPDevices has logged new device with UPnPDeviceName = Media
            29/10/2012 10:44:40 DLNA Manager InitializeUPnPDevices: Done Initializing UPnPDevice Devices
            29/10/2012 10:44:40 DLNA Manager Initialized
            29/10/2012 10:44:40 Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in DLNA_Manager
            29/10/2012 10:44:40 DLNA Manager InterfaceStatus Called. State = 0

I think the asp pages have been updated when I updated the DLNA plugin as the dates on the asp files are from the 28/10/2012:

dir "c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\html\DLNA_Manager\*.aspx"
            28/10/2012 18:20 32,489 DLNA_ManagerConfig.aspx
            28/10/2012 18:20 74,343 DLNA_ManagerDevicePage.aspx
            28/10/2012 18:20 43,104 DLNA_ManagerDMRPage.aspx
            28/10/2012 18:20 45,823 DLNA_ManagerDMSPage.aspx

I think DNLA is working ok, I just can’t get to the web page to do anything with it. Can you assist as I bet I'd doing something daft!?

Thanks
            Last edited by Bert.Twildge; October 29, 2012, 06:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert.Twildge View Post

Public member 'GetIniSection' on type 'MarshalByRefObject' not found
              Are you running HS or HSPro? The directory above seem to suggest regular HS but it really doesn't matter unless the installer gets confused.

I assume you restarted HS, don't think you can install without stopping HS but just checking.

Can you look in the c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\html\bin subdirectory. Do you see the HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.DLL in there? If not copy it from the c:\program files\Homeseer HS2 directory.

I had some problem on my Win7 machine and I changed the installer not to copy the DLL into that subdirectory. On my Win7 machine, HS does it automatically, wonder if this is a difference in ASP between XP and Win7. Realized in the mean time that the change to the installer didn't fix the issue.

Let me know whether that did the trick

Dirk

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I run HS PRO but I ran but HS first, then upgraded to PRO a few months ago which is why my installation directory looks unusual. All versions of DLNA I've run have been underHS PRO so far but I've only had this issue since the last upgrade of DLNA.

The PC has been rebooted a couple of times since installation. The Installer completed without any errors.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your reply. I run HS PRO but I ran but HS first, then upgraded to PRO a few months ago which is why my installation directory looks unusual. All versions of DLNA I've run have been underHS PRO so far but I've only had this issue since the last upgrade of DLNA.

The PC has been rebooted a couple of times since installation. The Installer completed without any errors.

Thanks
                  Did you check whether the HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.DLL was under the <hsroot>\html\bin subdirectory? Even if it is there, check whether it has the same date/time/size as the one in the <hs root> directory and/or just copy it.

Dirk

Comment

Originally posted by dcorsus View Post
                    Did you check whether the HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.DLL was under the <hsroot>\html\bin subdirectory? Even if it is there, check whether it has the same date/time/size as the one in the <hs root> directory and/or just copy it.

Dirk
                    Hi

Thanks for your email.

I found a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\ dated 28/10/2012 18:20. I did not find a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in <hsroot>\html\bin so I copied the file to this directory too and rebooted the PC. I still get the same error message though when I click on DLNA Config under the HS interfaces web page. At least one of these links worked under DNLA version 1.0.0.19. I checked a backup from before the DLNA upgrade and I can see a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in <hsroot> and in <hsroot>\html\bin.

Thanks

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your email.

I found a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in c:\program files\Homeseer HS2\ dated 28/10/2012 18:20. I did not find a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in <hsroot>\html\bin so I copied the file to this directory too and rebooted the PC. I still get the same error message though when I click on DLNA Config under the HS interfaces web page. At least one of these links worked under DNLA version 1.0.0.19. I checked a backup from before the DLNA upgrade and I can see a HSPI_DLNAMANAGER.dll in <hsroot> and in <hsroot>\html\bin.

Thanks
                      When you restart HS, are there any errors during the actually initialization wrt to this plugin or ASP?

Dirk

Comment

When you restart HS, are there any errors during the actually initialization wrt to this plugin or ASP?

Dirk
                        Hi

Thanks for your help. I've not seen any errors at all, even with debug turned on during HS startup or afterwards.

I'm not sure what the issue was but I did a clean boot of XP and then did a repair of the DLNA manager by running setup.exe again. I started HS and the config page now works fine. The DLNA install went ok last time wirth no errors and the install was not interputed but something went wrong I guess but now all works fine.

Many thanks for your support with this issue!

Comment

Hi

Thanks for your help. I've not seen any errors at all, even with debug turned on during HS startup or afterwards.

I'm not sure what the issue was but I did a clean boot of XP and then did a repair of the DLNA manager by running setup.exe again. I started HS and the config page now works fine. The DLNA install went ok last time wirth no errors and the install was not interputed but something went wrong I guess but now all works fine.

Many thanks for your support with this issue!
                          Glad that did it. Just keep an eye open for start-up errors. I've been chasing a ghost on my setup, which doesn't result in the same error but does result in the same symptoms (unable to open any or some of the web links).

Dirk

Comment

Ok, I've tried to make this work on HSTouch by dropping in the default music screen, add some content provider selection buttons, and wired up the stop button to disconnect whichever content provider may have been selected. I know, that's the wrong way to do it, but I am testing...

Do you have an example DLNA screen configuration you could share the main details of? I'm kind of stuck.
                            huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Originally posted by huggy_d1 View Post
                              Ok, I've tried to make this work on HSTouch by dropping in the default music screen, add some content provider selection buttons, and wired up the stop button to disconnect whichever content provider may have been selected. I know, that's the wrong way to do it, but I am testing...

Do you have an example DLNA screen configuration you could share the main details of? I'm kind of stuck.
                              Can you describe what you want versus what you did. I'm not sure I follow you on what you did. At this point, I have not found a good way to make use of the boilerplate HST music screen functions to map this onto a generic set of DLNA devices. The HST basic music browser template were very much created for the WMP and iTunes PI, which only support a fraction of what DLNA servers and renderers can do.

So what is it you want to do and what devices are you using?

Dirk

Comment

Can you describe what you want versus what you did. I'm not sure I follow you on what you did. At this point, I have not found a good way to make use of the boilerplate HST music screen functions to map this onto a generic set of DLNA devices. The HST basic music browser template were very much created for the WMP and iTunes PI, which only support a fraction of what DLNA servers and renderers can do.

So what is it you want to do and what devices are you using?

Dirk
                                Ok, I want to get content to route from various content sources and various content renderers all via the hstouch interface.

I'm getting a BUNCH of these messages and they are blowing up my logs.

11/2/2012 10:08:14 PM - DLNA Manager - Device Finder Callback received for UPnPDevice [TV]55LM7600 with device name = uuid:00:xx:xx:xx:xx:x and Model = HomeSeer Web Control
                                huggy_d1

Automating made easy

Comment

Working...
                                X