Two questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two questions

I have been using this plugin for a bit, and so far I have found it to work very well. There are two things I am trying to figure out:

First, I can't seem to change the color value of a bulb in an event for the sylvania lightify bulbs - I can set the color fine through the web interface, but I would love to be able to set the color through an event, so that for various triggers I can be alerted by a color change for certain bulbs. The temperature change works fine, however, and this is the only bulb I've seen that offers that.

The second thing is alexa integration. The devices added through the zigbee interface are not shown as devices in the alexa app. It doesn't seem to find them when I run a search for devices. Everything else I have listed as devices, including virtual devices, do show up, so I'm a bit confused.

Any suggestions for these two issues?

Originally posted by ilkgmmn00 View Post
    I have been using this plugin for a bit, and so far I have found it to work very well. There are two things I am trying to figure out:

First, I can't seem to change the color value of a bulb in an event for the sylvania lightify bulbs - I can set the color fine through the web interface, but ...

The second thing is alexa integration. The devices added through the zigbee interface are not shown as devices in the alexa app. It doesn't seem to find them when I run a search for devices. Everything else I have listed as devices, including virtual devices, do show up, so I'm a bit confused.

Any suggestions for these two issues?
    I don't have an answer to your first question. For the second question, are you using the Osram Lightify Wireless Gateway with the bulbs? If so, activate that skill within your Amazon Alexa app. Quite frankly, when I tell Alexa to do something with one of my Lightify bulbs, I don't know whether it is working via Homeseer or through the Osram gateway. In any case, the action is instantaneous.
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

Comment

Working...
    X