Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zee S2 - cannot select date range in log filter - Solved!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zee S2 - cannot select date range in log filter - Solved!

I'm a newbie S2 owner so not sure if this is a bug or I am missing something.

Problem is I cannot select the date range filter in the HS log. See attached image. When I click the date range drop down menu, it just gives me the current date. I'm using the Chrome browser. Have tried MS Edge also, but there is no drop down menu at all in Edge.

Any pointers?

----------------------------

Current Date/Time: 5/2/2016 7:52:42 PM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 ZEE S2 Edition 3.0.0.280
    Linux version: Linux HomeTrollerZeeS2 3.18.7-v7+ #755 SMP PREEMPT Thu Feb 12 17:20:48 GMT 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux System Uptime: 0 Days 21 Hours 33 Minutes 46 Seconds
    IP Address: 192.168.100.216
    Number of Devices: 10
    Number of Events: 18
    Available Threads: 399

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.0.4: CM15A
    3.0.0.68: HSTouch Server
    3.0.1.74: Z-Wave
    Attached Files

What is your "Max number of days of log entries to keep" set to via Tools > Setup > General tab?
    💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

I'd set it to 7 days.
      Attached Files

Comment

How long has HS3 been running?
        💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

It is just over 48 hours since it was booted up.

Two odd things I observe.

I booted it up at 4 pm, 30 April, and today is 2 May. Scrolling through the log pages, it appears my log only seems to have records since 10 pm on 1 May, and it is now 9 pm 2 May. I can't discount I may have erased the logs at that point, though I haven't the foggiest how I might have done that. So I'll let that slip by.

The greater mystery to me is why am I not able to filter the log just for 2 May. The first screenshot in OP shows 1 May as the only date option even though the log is full of 2 May entries. This is what seems really odd to me.

Comment

Curious how large your homeseerlog.hsd file is?

It is just one file.
            - Pete

Auto mator
            Homeseer 3 Pro - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e 64 bit Intel Haswell CPU 16Gb
            Homeseer Zee2 (Lite) - 3.0.0.548 (Linux) - Ubuntu 18.04/W7e - CherryTrail x5-Z8350 BeeLink 4Gb BT3 Pro
            HS4 Lite - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenovo Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram

HS4 Pro - V4.1.18.1 - Ubuntu 22.04 / Lenova Tiny M900 / 32Gb Ram
            HSTouch on Intel tabletop tablets (Jogglers) - Asus AIO - Windows 11

X10, UPB, Zigbee, ZWave and Wifi MQTT automation-Tasmota-Espurna. OmniPro 2, Russound zoned audio, Alexa, Cheaper RFID, W800 and Home Assistant

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
              How long has HS3 been running?
              Sorry, when I replied 48 hrs, that was the Zee S2, not HS3 as you had asked.

I now realise that the log is reset every time the Zee S3 is restarted. That explains my observation of what I thought were missing entries in the log. I had restarted the system at that point. It was not something I had expected, so it completely threw me with regards to the available log filter dates. I had assumed that since there is a setting for the number of days that log entries would be retained, the log would just keep filling for those number of days no matter whether the OS was restarted or not.

Well, this newbie just learnt a quirk of the HS system.

Comment

NOT solved?

Ok we understand how the log resets on recycle, but the original posted issue I have too.

Look at the snapshot, there are logs dated May 2nd but the filter only allows May 1st to be chosen. I am having the exact same bug right now, only one date on the pick list and it is yesterday.

Is this a known bug?
                Is there a work around?

Comment

Originally posted by Stubborn View Post
                  Ok we understand how the log resets on recycle, but the original posted issue I have too.

Look at the snapshot, there are logs dated May 2nd but the filter only allows May 1st to be chosen. I am having the exact same bug right now, only one date on the pick list and it is yesterday.

Is this a known bug?
                  Is there a work around?
                  Not sure if it's a bug or by design but I discovered it takes 24 hours of uptime before the next day appears in the log filter.

Comment

Working...
                  X