X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warnings with phantom device

I have this occurring every several seconds in my log:

RFXCOM Warning: 36 (processX10) Device:C1 does not exist

This is a phantom device, since I have had no devices assigned to C1. I have unchecked every debug logging option in the general settings for the RFXCOM plugin. However, the messages persist. When I have disabled this house code, a lengthier warning (something like house code disabled, not processed) is seen in the log. Is there anything else I can do to stop it showing up in log?
    Thanks,
    Elliott
    "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023
    "Reboot and rejoice!" F. Pishotta, 1989

I get the same error routinely for device E1

tenholde
    tenholde

Comment

Originally posted by tenholde View Post
      I get the same error routinely for device E1

tenholde
      Very interesting. Thanks for letting me know.

Elliott
      "Living with technology means living in a [constant] state of flux." S. Higgenbotham, 2023

Comment

Have you created a RFXCOM Thermostat device that switches the X10 device?

Maybe you can find the RFXCOM device that triggers the X10 device if you select "Plugin Debug messages enabled" and Debug level 1 or 2 on the RFXCOM General config page.

Comment

Originally posted by b_weijenberg View Post
          Have you created a RFXCOM Thermostat device that switches the X10 device?

Maybe you can find the RFXCOM device that triggers the X10 device if you select "Plugin Debug messages enabled" and Debug level 1 or 2 on the RFXCOM General config page.
          Thanks for the response. I have not knowingly set up such a device. Below is from my log with debugging. The entries seem always together.

Apr-09 06:46:23 RFXCOM 36 (RecRxChar) receiver #2 duplicate packet ignored: 2040BF00FF
          Apr-09 06:46:23 RFXCOM 36 (RecRxChar) receiver #2 packet: 2040BF00FF
          Apr-09 06:46:23 RFXCOM Warning: 36 (processX10) Device:C1 does not exist
          Apr-09 06:46:23 RFXCOM 36 (processx10) intmode:1
          Apr-09 06:46:23 RFXCOM 36 (processx10) called with:C1 cmd:1 koppla:0

Elliott

Comment

That makes it clear.
            You configured X10 House code C with Full Control on the RFXCOM General config page.
            The received X10 command is forwarded to the C1 X10 device to switch it.

Solution:
            - configure House Code C with Status Only
            - or create an X10 C1 device on the home page

Comment

That makes it clear.
              You configured X10 House code C with Full Control on the RFXCOM General config page.
              The received X10 command is forwarded to the C1 X10 device to switch it.

Solution:
              - configure House Code C with Status Only
              - or create an X10 C1 device on the home page
              Thanks. It was already set as Status Only, so I created a device.

Elliott

Comment

Sorry, configure the house code with "disabled" on the RFXCOM - General config page.

Status Only will change the status of a configured X10 device.
                Full will change the status and transmit the X10 command on the power line.
                Disabled will not do anything on an X10 device but displayes a message in the HS log: command for:C1 not processed. House code C is disabled on the General config page.

I will check if this message can be suppressed in a next version of the plug-in.
                Last edited by b_weijenberg; April 9, 2018, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Sorry, configure the house code with "disabled" on the RFXCOM - General config page.

Disabled will not do anything on an X10 device but displayes a message in the HS log: command for:C1 not processed. House code C is disabled on the General config page.

I will check if this message can be suppressed in a next version of the plug-in.
                  Okay and thanks, again.
                  Elliott

Comment

This seems to have suppressed the logging activity:
                    1) Created a non-X10 device for C1 ("Phantom").
                    2) Kept house code C as status only.

Elliott

Comment

Working...
                    X